488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 22 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    but make sure you drive them frequently enough, so that your kids can still drive them when they get to it. Garage queen is no good!

Gh21631 likes this.
  2. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    why are u "poking the bear" - u bored?

3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    plus waiting for the tow truck for the maintenance, and then they are late.

plastique999 likes this.
  4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015

Image Unavailable, Please Login

wrs likes this.
  5. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I can’t remember the last time I’ve read sharper or wiser words here on FerrariChat.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

JTSE30, Ash Patel, Thecadster and 2 others like this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    nah, he is legit. He tried out pista, didn't like it enough so he just sold it right away. Some of us are like that.....me included. My wife she likes the fact I only change cars like that, but not women.

PTG1 and johnr265 like this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Dustman knows his stuff. Why wld you call him fake news? Because he is coherent enough to know that pistas aren’t holding msrp? If anything dustman seems to have a hit list of cars with prices attached - last time i checked thats what enthusiasts do when they are in the game.

Drson, IloveGT and Avia11 like this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #533 Shadowfax, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Under normal circumstances if it were any one else I would agree with you but knowing how Dusty loves poking sticks at the turbo guys at every given opportunity, along with his sound jabs the whole Pista thing was clearly just a ploy to continue the repertoire. I suspect the Pista he was offered was merely an entry card to his next ride so he took the opportunity with a wry smile on his face. The rest is so predictable its beyond boring.. Hopefully the next story is more believable and a bit more interesting. But I doubt it.

And so far as knowing his stuff? LOL!!. What "stuff" are you talking about? The subjectivity of sound? Or are you saying he's another one who will only buy "a number" out of fear of feeling the D word bite. You see the D word isn't a problem when you drive the car. Its only a problem when you park it up in a barn alongside a bunch of other 3 legged horses which aren't all that great to ride. So yeah Pista boring? Fake news for sure - no question.

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Sound matters, bigtime. Much more than zero to 60 times or firano lap times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    100% agree. When EV's hit big time this is the first casualty :(

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #536 Shadowfax, Apr 15, 2020
    Absolutely sound matters! But when you own a Tesla then I think that argument kinda goes out the window. Plus a Pista doesn't sound bad at all. If the car was driven properly with in intents and purposes then any sound critique would fall way into the background, not the foreground. I think the problem here lays in how the car is being used.

PS Absolutely agree track times are not a great measure for driving pleasure.

Gh21631 and leopoldo like this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #537 Shadowfax, Apr 15, 2020
    I think the first casualties have already arrived (F8, SF90). The down hill slide began with the 488, Pista picked up a bit of lost ground (on the outside) and then F8 gave it all back alongside sf90 - both getting a triple dose of asthma (GPF Cats and turbos).

The V12's Laf etc, v8 spec/458, 918 and gt3 porsches own the sound competition. No argument there. But what the others dropped off in sound they picked back up in other ways to a larger degree. That all said I would agree Pista should have had more mongrel dog in it and a more purposeful stance. But then the same could be said for any modern Ferrari..

Gh21631 likes this.
  13. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Actually the biggest casualty is the "dead as a dodo" Taycan. Your basic Model S destroys it. Talk about a company making a monumental stuff up and wasting billions.

Porsches strategy could cost them the company

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Doubt it. Porsche can still produce a solid atmo Gt car. Ferrari doesn't even have anything atmo now and everything is jacked up off the ground like an SUV with impossible to get around fail safes. They are like the soup nazi. You will take what we give you!

Electric cars aren't really casualties as the intent was clear, having no ice engine. The real casualties are what we are now seeing coming out of Ferrari in particular..... not only very weak sound but also overly soft suspensions along with what appears to be extra high ride heights.

15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    How stupid is this car? 200k+ for a Taycan. Idiots. Porsche deserves to go bankrupt if this causes them to do so. Their pricing model is monumentally stupid.

16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    his desire to buy 4th 458 after owning 720s and pista strongly suggests he knows his cars.

AlfistaPortoghese and Jo Sta7 like this.
  17. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1

Listen to this video! It sound so good to me !!

Shadowfax, Gh21631 and Shack like this.
  18. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I think you are right, I don't see the dealers being able to pull off that trick again and unloading loads of Lussos or equivalents again, the used that card and people will not stand for it again

Gh21631 likes this.
  19. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Porsches are very reliable and tend to lasts, the electric driver train and batteries can't be commented on as we don't know but the rest should be solid, from what I hear Tesla has a reputation for not being reliable and the bits around the drive train falling apart after 3 years. The taycan I would think will be far more reliable and better put together then the Tesla so it should do quite well if it's reliability is what we have come to expect from Porsche, only time will tell I suppose

20. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    10000% correct. Pathetic looking thing on a useless (800V) platform with tech thats utter garbage. And Tesla destroyed it at The Ring. They will be lucky to sell 10 of them globally, especially now.

21. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Exactly and Porsche have zero experience with EV. A model S at 1/2 of the price for the same performance - not even worth the debate.

When the Tesla Roadster hits the market the Taycan will officially die. Porsche will be lucky to survive as their cash cows (Macan and Cayenne) will be gone (no sales) and any extra cash will be needed to support the abomination (Taycan). Might be a good thing actually as they could go back to being a small bespoke manufacturer of great GT/Race cars.

22. Carrerarsr

Carrerarsr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Allways keep in mind that Porsche needs to make money to survive and to keep shareholders happy, whereas Tesla is waisting / burning cash since years and in the foreseeable future. but all that has nothing to do with the fact that the Pista is selling below MSRP. BTW, Ferrari for example also is a company that has to make money.

23. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    It doesn't destroy the Model S because they aren't competitors. Its like saying the 911 and the M5 are competitors, one is a sports car and one is a family sedan. The Taycan is much more fun to drive than the Tesla. If you only need two seats, and don't care about road trips, the Taycan is a way better car. It is about $50k over priced though.

I think (and to bring this back on topic) that Porsche did the same thing Ferrari did with the Pista and way over estimated the demand. Ferrari (and their dealers) were looking at the demand for the Speciale and wanted to cash in on it and completely overshot. Porsche saw the huge excitement around the Mission E and jacked up the price to match, and then when it finally came out demand collapsed since it was so over priced and didn't live up to the hype.

24. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    U make some great points. If the car was even close to the Mission E it may have worked. Buts its just an EV Panamera

25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Who even cares about EV's?.... awful things + is way off topic.