Run wire from bonnet to trunk | FerrariChat

Run wire from bonnet to trunk

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Gossimer, Apr 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gossimer

Gossimer Rookie

May 5, 2013
    Melbourne, FL
    Would anyone happen to know the easiest way to run a 10 gauge wire from the bonnet area to the trunk?

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    From the frunk to the trunk? What are you trying to do?

3. Gossimer

Gossimer Rookie

May 5, 2013
    Melbourne, FL
    I need to run a ground wire off the battery to the trunk for the xdi electromotive ignition.

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    The car itself, for the most part, is a common ground. That won't work?

Otherwise, maybe you can snake it along the a/c lines. They run through the right side of the car whereas the coolant and fuel lines run through the center tunnel. Expect a challenge.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Gossimer

Gossimer Rookie

May 5, 2013
    Melbourne, FL
    That is what I was thinking also or through the middle tunnel.

6. Cafe racer

Cafe racer Rookie

Mar 22, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Nigel Waterfall
    I need to replace my ABS loom as a previous owner chopped al the ends off the wheel speed sensors at the front - I'm guessing the loom originally ran down the tunnel, i can see the rear cable's in the engine bay running down the bulkhead, any suggestions about the original routing of the cables??

I have a new loom - hopefully i can fix whatever the issues were when i replace it, there seems to be a bit of corrosion on various terminals so they will get cleaned up, wish me luck!

7. Gossimer

Gossimer Rookie

May 5, 2013
    Melbourne, FL
    Cafe racer likes this.
  8. Cafe racer

Cafe racer Rookie

Mar 22, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Nigel Waterfall
    thanks a lot for the pictures, you've saved me a lot of time!! - i was searching in the tunnel inside the car for a trace of the loom, i did suspect that it was under the car but couldn't see anything, time to get the jack out i guess, my hope is that when they chopped the loom at the front the end is still down there somewhere & i can use it to pull the new loom through to the back.
    it seems like my car had a big electrical problem at some time - not a fire, but theres a few melted plastic parts around the dash, steering column housing is partly melted on one side, case on suspension controller is melted on the outside of 1 corner (no damage to the electronics!!) & the heater looks like it may have been replaced

9. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Very highly unlikely. Along the lefthand sill on the inside below the carpet would be my guess.

10. Cafe racer

Cafe racer Rookie

Mar 22, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Nigel Waterfall
    I found the remains of my ABS loom today while i was replacing the Steering Rack Gaiters (that was a fun job) obviously the loom is completely trashed, but I'm hoping i can pull the new loom through using the old cables, probably time to clean up some of the chassis as well as theres a bit of light surface rust & paint flaking off in a few places, as i have a lot of free time now would be a perfect time to do this Image Unavailable, Please Login