355 - Did a bit of polishing today.. | FerrariChat

355 Did a bit of polishing today..

Discussion in '348/355' started by MikeeB355, Apr 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeeB355

MikeeB355 Karting

Dec 7, 2019
    S Wales
    Full Name:
    Michel Bee
  2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    WOW! Well done, sir!

sjd

MikeeB355 likes this.
  3. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    MikeeB355 likes this.
  4. watkinsgt

watkinsgt Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    Your car looks great. On 4/3 you mentioned cleaning your inner fender liners and showed them removed. I've never done it, but you've inspired me to give it a try. I don't want to get in over my head so before venturing may I ask - what's involved in fender liner removal and reinstall? Any potential snags? Problem fasteners? Special tools? My tech ability is 'oil change' but like you, I like a clean ride. Thanks very much.

MikeeB355 likes this.
  5. MikeeB355

MikeeB355 Karting

Dec 7, 2019
    S Wales
    Full Name:
    Michel Bee
    Thank you, yes it's looking really clean now. Let me make this clear first up, I'm no mechanic! I'm fairly handy with most things but if something was actually wrong with the car I wouldn't know where to start. But the arches came out quite easily, it was literally all screws holding them in place although I took the opportunity to whip the under tray off at the same time and give them a clean as well, they were just held on by a number of bolts so again, nice and easy. I got the first side off with the wheel in place but it was never going to go back together with it on so I had to take both the back wheels off, my only tip would be take them off first as it really is so much easier removing them and it has to come off for them to go back anyway so you're saving any time.
    Good luck, not that you'll need it

6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sheet metal screws is all, they come out easy and go back in easy once wheels are off. Simple phillips or vs reed prince screw driver is all that is needed. The screws screw into plastic thread blocks, if they crack or are broken they can be bought cheaply, that said I never damaged one but I have replaced a few here and there for general measure.

MikeeB355 likes this.
  7. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Looking like GLASS! Nicely done.

8. watkinsgt

watkinsgt Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    MikeeB355 and Ferrarium Thanks for the replies and inspiration. Spiffy arches comin' up.

MikeeB355 likes this.
  9. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Nice GTS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeeB355 likes this.
  10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    buteeful!!!!!!

MikeeB355 likes this.
  11. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Nothing like a black car when it shines like that-especially a black Ferrari.-

MikeeB355 likes this.