CRAZY I KNOW: Looking for Tubi exhaust | FerrariChat

CRAZY I KNOW: Looking for Tubi exhaust

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Matthew 6:19, Apr 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matthew 6:19

Matthew 6:19 Karting

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    So, I know this is probably unlikely... but I'm looking to see if anyone is selling a Tubi exhaust that will fit my 83 QV. Thanks in advance!

2. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    FWIW I was able to get a Nouvalari exhaust for my '85 QV and it shipped quickly. Only pointing out in case you needed (or wanted) an alternative.

Matthew 6:19 likes this.
  3. Matthew 6:19

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    What did it cost and how do you like its sound and performance?

4. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    I want to say all-in, shipped from the UK it was under $2K. That included getting one of their test pipes which is WAY WAY WAY better than any of the ones you get off ebay. The only additional cost is for 2 exhaust donuts for the test pipe.

I really like it. It's a beautiful piece and fit was perfect. It's a work of art that is deserving of its place on the car. I will also say that the service from the US rep was really great, he was super nice and super communicative, and shipping was very fast. I give the purchase experience a 10/10

I got the sport version and it's not very loud - even with the test pipe I doesn't feel like the car got a ton louder. My car is a cabrio, and I think it gave the car a nice sound that I would say is pretty moderate given a modern sports car. So if you're looking for something just a *little* more aggressive but your family will still ride in the car, this is a good choice.

They have a louder version (can't remember what they call that one) and I think if you want that SCREAM sound like a modern Ferrari you'd go that way.

This was a perfect upgrade for me and I'm really happy with it.

I cannot quantify the performance increase since I was doing a lot of other things to the car. With the US cars and the single inlet exhausts I doubt you're going to do much as far as HP is concerned unless you go to Euro dual manifolds and dual inlet exhausts.

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Look on P D GOUGH web site in the uk, they sell their exhaust in the usa under the Nouvalari name. They have a great set of pictures of all sorts. They made me a silencer box for my 87. 3.2qv mondial and great quality welding in stainless. The stock offering is about as much noise as you need, you need the radio turned up on the motorway. With present ex rate u might be better buying direct from uk

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Why crazy? Adding a sport exhaust really wakes up the car. I got Nouvalari super sport and love it.

7. Matthew 6:19

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I meant the crazy part was trying to find someone selling one. But thanks to get wonderful folks here in the forums, I was able to find one and a nice, fair deal for buyer and seller! Looking forward to getting this on the car!

Albert Penello and paulchua like this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    AAhh, makes sense!

Best wishes

9. milko1969

milko1969 Formula 3

Feb 21, 2012
    Breda, Holland
    Full Name:
    Milko
    I have got a full race purpose Tubi Style exhaust on my 3.2 coupe, and its loud!

10. Matthew 6:19

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Loid good, or too loud? At idle, acceleration, cruise, or all of the above?

11. milko1969

milko1969 Formula 3

Feb 21, 2012
    Breda, Holland
    Full Name:
    Milko
    Loud at acceleration and at higher speeds above 130 kph

12. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #12 MvT, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    I have a Sport version like Albert and I am ver please with it. A friend has the Super Sport on his 308 GTSi and he regrets it and I drove behind him and it's ear devening :-S that is with no CATs I need to say. @paulchua do you have the CATs removed?

Impression from my Mondial, but it in real life it's a more louder sound.

ellum and Matthew 6:19 like this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It's important to try and get a chance to hear the different exhausts on different cars. I have a Tubi and a Nouvalari. Tubi is more rumble where the Nouvalari is more high pitched. Depends also on what car you plan to install.

MvT likes this.