Sold - 2008 599 GTB $95,950.00 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Sold 2008 599 GTB $95,950.00

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Socaldego, Mar 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Daniel , at least he didn’t pass over the rims. Lol. You’re getting closer. GLWS.
    I’m gonna miss this thread when you sell the car. :)

2. Socaldego

Socaldego Karting

Sep 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel J Messina
    It has been eventful hasn't it

ScottS and Cigarzman like this.
  3. Ken Ballard

Ken Ballard Rookie

Apr 18, 2020
    Any thoughts on 33% of the clutch being used in 4,500 miles? That seems a bit off. I can't speak to the brakes. Plenty of wear left on both, but is that an indicator of hard use or much higher mileage?

4. Socaldego

Socaldego Karting

Sep 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel J Messina
    Look at the report again
    Its not 33%
    It is 23%

5. Ken Ballard

Ken Ballard Rookie

Apr 18, 2020
    Ah...thanks for the clarification. Still a bit high...perhaps from using launch control a lot.

6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Clutches are known consumables for this car.

My plan would be buy and keep.
    Do the service and clutch (or have it checked and plan on it at some point) and drive like hell.

Socaldego- any chance you could post a link to a driving video ? Might go a long way to assuaging fears?

I had the same clutch in my Maser GTS. Had it for 7 years and never changed a single percent all of my ownership. I kept asking the mechanic- now? Now? How about now???

Never did it.

Chupacabra and Thecadster like this.
  7. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I really want(ed) this car!! After a lengthy conversation with my wife this past weekend, I have to pass. (She is 100% in favor of me getting a 599, the timing is just wrong so I have to respect her position)
    I spent quite a bit of time talking to Dan about it. He has been very forthcoming in his answering of every question that I asked him, even late into the weekends.... He doesn't seem to be hiding anything here.
    You can very clearly see what they paid for it on Copart.....given the parts cost and their labor, I can't see how they are making a dime on this one at $87,950 and assuming that it looks as expected in person, my feeling is that it's well worth the asking price. My goal with this car was to fly out and drive it cross country back home and then drive it like I do my DB9.....FREQUENTLY and not care about the miles, having to replace tires, the gas etc.....Just drive it like it was meant to be driven.
    Somebody needs to own and drive the hell out of this car.

I have no connection to Dan, so take my thoughts FWIW. I hope you sell the car soon Dan so you can move on to the next project. Best of luck and thank you again for the time you took with me on this. I wish the outcome were different. :)

Jim

8. Socaldego

Socaldego Karting

Sep 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel J Messina
    How do I post videos ??
    The system will not let me upload what I have

Scott, text me and I can send you a few
    949-433-4700

9. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Exactly. If I'm not mistaken, you can do that much wear just by backing up a lot.

Seller - I think your car is fantastic, and it is on my short list of cars of interest once my 348 and 911 deals are done. I doubt it will be around then, but oh well :)

10. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Have to host it somewhere else like youtube and post a link or embed it here.

11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #136 arizonaitalian, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    You are great at throwing out negative speculation in sale ads and questioning condition (in a negatively presumptive way), using both of your first couple of posts to do so..(and less great at reading comprehension since all we know is you got the first thing you raised here wrong to start with)

How much experience do you have with these cars? Owned F1 transmission in a Ferrari? Replaced clutches in Ferrari's?

What percentage do you think it shows when its brand spanking newly installed?

How precise do you think these readings are?

How many cars with 5,000 miles show 77% remaining in your experience? What do they typically show at that mileage in your experience?

What is it with this thread and the number of brand new posters entering the site with "interesting" first posts? I guess a low-cost Ferrari brings 'em out.

Flea7, niftyfivefifty, v35 and 7 others like this.
  12. Socaldego

Socaldego Karting

Sep 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel J Messina
    Gentlemen
    Here are links to some videos of the car

Car driven in parking lot

Car walk around

Car on Freeway

Flea7, anunakki, Cigarzman and 2 others like this.
  13. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    is that bird poop on the windshield or rock chips?

14. Socaldego

Socaldego Karting

Sep 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel J Messina
    LOL
    Bird Poop

BigTex and Il Tifoso like this.
  15. hojlib

hojlib Rookie

Feb 22, 2017
    any interest in trade plus cash. not junk but 1967 Sunbeam Tiger MK 1A?

16. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    No flaming please..I've read the thread...re non-599 rims...."I was forced into it (them)".....Why? Damaged beyond further use?
    Sorry if I missed your explanation, best.

17. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    If you’ve read the threads then you'd see that they were damaged when the car was damaged.....AND you'd see that Dan bought the car with the 488 wheels in place. He had no choice in the matter.....
    Its not that difficult to sell the 488 wheels and by 599 wheels. In Ferrari speak, they are relatively inexpensive.
    Geez, somebody just buy this car already......I may have to have a 2nd talk with my Wife......

Jim

18. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Probably because 599 rims are butt ugly.

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    LOL!

The early pentagram ones never looked nice to my eye...as compared to the more complex "Challenge style" baskets.
    I agree these wheels look very nice on the car!!

GLWS!

I'm the type of driver for this car too, as in Houston we rip large sections of each others cars off pretty frequently.
    Thought I was gonna kill a guy last week, but the brakes were better than I thought!
    I was halfway thru the Parts Estimate, as I missed him.

psych0hans, TifosiConch and absostone like this.
  20. Socaldego

Socaldego Karting

Sep 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel J Messina
    Make an offer

Cigarzman likes this.
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    As much as I would hate to see it not go to a forum member, I think this car would do very well on Bringatrailer...

22. Socaldego

Socaldego Karting

Sep 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel J Messina
    Jim
    Text me

23. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    The car might do well on BAT, but if this thread is any indicator, the volume of discussion/comments might crash the BAT servers. My best car experience to date was the yellow 2005 911S cab I just sold to buy my Cali T. The 911 was a rebuilt title car I bought 2 1/2 years ago on Ebay, totally at the spur of the moment, no PPI and no visit, just Ebay pics post repair and seller's word that the car drove well. Paid $26K, had the car shipped from Seattle to Key West and drove the hell out of it for 15K miles. Sold it for $30K to buy my first and vastly superior Ferrari, still see the 911 around town and the guy who bought it has a smile like I did. My point? Life is short, seize the moment and go.

tomc, tritone, niftyfivefifty and 5 others like this.
  24. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Any of you catch the '07 599 just sold BaT $103K? factory replacement engine May '19 with all services/upgrades F Bev Hills.
    Both these cars have 'stories'...yet this thread 599 more so; thus price may further suffer as compared to BaT 599.
    Best

25. Socaldego

Socaldego Karting

Sep 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel J Messina
    How can the Price suffer at 87K
    Still 16k cheaper than the bats car