How many black Mondials? | FerrariChat

How many black Mondials?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by piercer1, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. piercer1

piercer1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2004
    cleveland, TN
    Full Name:
    joe kirkpatrick
    I was recently rear ended in my black 1988 Mondial Coupe. I am getting ready to fight with the insurance company for "diminished value", and the appraiser I hired to assist me suggested I find out how many black 3.2 Mondial coupes were produced. I looked for 2 years to find a totally unmolested no paint work black coupe, and drove it less than 1000 miles when I was hit from behind. I was hit by a lady who was stopped behind me at a traffic light, took her foot off the brake to ease up a bit, and then hit the accelerator pedal instead of the brake pedal. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who can tell me where to find this information. I'm not on here as much as I would like, so a direct email to [email protected] would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Piercer1,

There is a source you can go to at www.productioncars.com that will have most makes and models and sometimes colors of all cars for all years - including F-Cars. I think the price is like $19 or something and you can download it via PDF... I have it - but I am on the road for a few weeks and it is on my system at home - in a non-shared drive (So I can't grab it remotely.).

That would be a place to start - you can always give FNA a call as well - depending on who you get you might get a little help on where to go.

Rich Wallace

3. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    not really sure what the color has to do with it, the key is, while not true "collector" cars, these cars are in limited supply and are viewed with higher srutiny (less $) if they have been hit. Its a fact of life with any car but more so with an older, rare car whose value is mainly due to intangibles.

4. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    No idea. However in my profile you will see i have an 88 black metallic coupe as well. Another F-chatter here Russ also has a 88 coupe in black.