Does 430 ignition activate abs/brake pressure? | FerrariChat

Does 430 ignition activate abs/brake pressure?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by FSM348, Apr 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    Curious if ABS pump performs any function with ignition on and/or car started?

I have calipers off the car and brake lines capped with appropriate rubber plugs and would like to perform some maintenance diagnostic tests. I’ve am hesitant to do so for fear ABS pump may perform some sort of test function thus putting pressure in the brake system.

If ignition on isn’t a problem could I go a step further and start the engine to aid in flushing coolant and warming up engine/gearbox to change oil or will I have issues with hydraulic pressure ?

2. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    You should have no issues with key on and the lines capped. I know of no situation where the key will activate the brakes. While the ABS pump may come on, there should be no pressure sent to the calipers just from key. You should even be able to start it without putting your foot on the brake petal.
    Let us know how it turns out as more information is always helpful.

JL350 likes this.
  3. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    For those interested, the ABS does not self test pressure when turning ignition on as well as starting the engine. Ran it up to temperature and no problems with capped brake lines.

Qavion likes this.