Spider Top Unlocked | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spider Top Unlocked

Discussion in '348/355' started by Roth, Apr 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    Yes, i took a window switch out for more testing to verify my earlier finding. Its a single selector type switching not two like it is shown in the schematic. The hot wires 1 and 5 are from the ignition relay to light up the button. 2 and 4 are window up and down. 3 is the common negative. The windows are switched on the negative side of the motors which means theres another relay somewhere inside each door. Its coming together mate. :)

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Are there any pin numbers on the roof switch? I don't really want to pull my car apart to have a look.

Is it possible your car has been modified? Haven't some 348 owners added relays to their windows? It's odd that no one has ever noticed additional relays on 355s and none appear in the parts catalogue. All the relays should be in the Window Controller.

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Just noticed that the WSM paper workshop diagrams label the pins 5, 2, 4, 1, 3 (not 5, 4, 3, 2, 1). This is the same labelling as the window and seat switches.

4. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    The windows motors have to reverse direction to go up or down. Electrically, there is only two ways to do this. One, through relays or two, through the switches. Relays would be easier to tap into. Having seen the seats switches with 5 pins coming out the bottom, the switching is probably done there. Any pictures of window switches. One with wires attached will confirm how its done.

To recap, roof, seats confirmed. Remaining are windows.

5. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
  6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Window motor polarity switching is done inside the Window Controller. The two window motor wires go to pins 15 and 16 (driver's) and 10 & 9 (passenger)
    If my notes are correct, the internal relay is a V23076-A1001-C133 or 1393277-4(Siemens/Tyco)

Fig10_Window_Control_5.2(1997~)

I see you have no faith in the wiring diagrams. According to the diagrams, the polarity switching for the seat motors is done in the Roof Controller. The window and seat switches are probably identical to the roof controller switch. Maybe Dave at StickyRx can confirm this.

7. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    #32 Roth, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Spider top and seats controller done. Need another set for windows. It all coming together. Almost there. This thing is eating up this week lunch money. LoL

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion likes this.
  8. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    Then the relays are in the window controller.

9. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    I haven’t look at the windows schematic yet. Been busy finalizing the seats and spider top control to communicate with a smart phone interface. Everything is good. Now the part I don’t like doing. Locate a few wires for the seats motors and the spider top.

Image Unavailable, Please Login