2015 Cali T price offer for first Ferrari | FerrariChat

2015 Cali T price offer for first Ferrari

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Tilltap, Apr 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tilltap

Tilltap Rookie

Mar 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Timothy Tilley
  2. DavidPutty

DavidPutty Karting

Jan 19, 2020
    Del Boca Vista
    Is it certified? Does that include the $4500 CPO 2 year warranty? I bought a certified 2015 California T with 4k miles almost 3 months ago for less than that including the CPO warranty. That was pre COVID shutdown so guessing I'd get a better deal today

3. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Is it a Handling Speciale? Hard to tell the grill and if there is a badge on the armrest. Does it come with a 2 year New Power Warranty? For me, the HS package and the New Power warranty would be non-negotiable. Some people may not care for the HS feel. The steering wheel does not have the LED but the car does have magnaride. How important is the LED steering wheel for you?

4. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    I have a 2016 T which is a fantastic car. Ferrari did not offer the HS on the T until the 2017 model year.
    I have driven the HS and didn’t care for the shift mapping as they can be harsh at low speed but the sound is superior over the non HS model. So, I put on the factory HS exhaust for $4,500 at my dealer and was very happy.
    Your color combo is exciting. I love that red exterior. I think my car would sell for somewhere around $155,000 so I think your $140k price sounds pretty good. For me, the most important point is the extended factory warranty and whether it is included or available. I paid $5,000 for each of the two extended years which I was not thrilled about but the peace of mind trumped my pinching.

One thing about dealer consignments I have learned is that the dealers % is fairly high.
    I think you could negotiate a better price once they learn you are a serious buyer.

5. Tilltap

Tilltap Rookie

Mar 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Timothy Tilley
    Thanks for the response! Car is not the handling speciale version, but comes with two more years of annual service from Ferrari and two years of drive train warranty. I don’t think the LED steering wheel is all that important in this model, which is more for touring than racing. I am just trying to gauge what price is fair.

6. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Looks great price is reasonable and power warranty for two years makes it a good buy.
    Offer a little off list and enjoy the ride!

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    For a first Ferrari, my wife & I wanted (and got) a CPO model for the small extra peace of mind that brings.
    There are four '15 T's w/ CPO on Cars.com, interestingly, all gray, ranging from 130 - 140 K.
    Mileage from 5 - 16 K miles.
    So, your asking # seems reasonable, especially given that it looks to be a particularly sweet color.

If you love the color/spec/car, I would do what Steve suggests above, offer a tad off list, and see what they say.
    Good luck...T

SLViper1 likes this.
  8. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I'd offer 130 K. Good Luck with the purchase!

montegoblue likes this.
  9. DavidPutty

DavidPutty Karting

Jan 19, 2020
    Del Boca Vista
    As a recent 2015 California T purchaser I'd go with 130 or under including the warranty.

10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    No HS until 2017

11. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    I added the HS (suspension upgrade, exhaust upgrade, transmission shift mapping upgrade, new black grill, new black read cover for diffuser, HS badge for interior) to my 2016 Cali T and I love it.
    The package itself is about $11k. Labor about another $3k.
    It transforms the car and you will love it.

GREAT color -- I agree with prior poster. Offer $130k and DEMAND extended warranty.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think you guys are a little high on pricing, but my Cali T experience is 2 years removed. I just know when we sold our brand new 2017 with 700 miles 6 months after delivery 90% of real offers were $80k less than MSRP ($150k). At the time 2017 Cali T's were being listed everywhere between $200-220k. Ft. Lauderdale did a great job working with me for a higher trade-in as I bought a GT3 for maybe $10k over market.

Point I'm trying to make is if the current asking prices are $130-150k, then I would say the sales price you would be looking for is $110-130k.

IloveGT likes this.
  13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I had a 2017 HS, it was a great addition to the car for not much on the option list. I think the option was like $8k new. Avia11 added it to his car and liked it also. From the factory it had Magneride, the sport exhaust which is louder, faster shifts and firmer suspension.

14. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    That is so much car for $130-140k.....

SLViper1 likes this.
  15. Tilltap

Tilltap Rookie

Mar 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Timothy Tilley
    Thank you all.

Any Cali T owners have any drive train issues?

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I didn't, but only owned a year. Ours performed perfect, but so did our 2013 Cali 30.

17. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    I think $140K is too high. The car does have the Daytona seats, which are nice,and it is a nice color. It does not have the 20" diamond wheels, which most have and IMHO make the car. It has the Magneride, but not the carbon fiber wheel, which really gives the interior a sporting Ferrari feel. I bought my Cali T in February from a private seller. It has 16,500 miles, 20" diamond wheels, carbon fiber driver's zone, Magneride and a new MSRP of $256K, in Grigio Silverstone/Cuio. Obviously not CPO, but has the extended/renewable factory warranty until August. I paid $115K. I think there is a lot of room for negotiation here, I looked for 3 months and many of the cars I saw are still available.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  19. Cool1g

Cool1g Karting

Aug 7, 2006
    Hollyweird, CA
  20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'm pretty sure I've seen this grigio alloy Cali around at BF. It's a unique & great looking color...T

21. Tilltap

Tilltap Rookie

Mar 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Timothy Tilley
    Finally pulled the trigger and bought our first Ferrari. What a blast! That being said, I can’t figure out how to change the left dash display. Anyone to help?

rob lay likes this.
  22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    To the left of the steering wheel, a smidgen to the right of the headlight controls and below the TFT display IIRC...T

23. Tilltap

Tilltap Rookie

Mar 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Timothy Tilley
    Wow. I can’t believe I missed that. Thanks for the help.

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No worries. I would hunt down a PDF got of the manual and load it on to your phone. Was a great resource when I first got my Cali. Have you posted pics of your new ride?
    T

25. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    So it looks like you bought the red one. Did they do any better since your first post?

Anyway, good luck and enjoy