430 - Spider roof switch light | FerrariChat

430 Spider roof switch light

Discussion in '360/430' started by _TS, Apr 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. _TS

_TS Rookie

Jan 20, 2019
    Germany
    Realizing this is an absolutely minor question, I would like to ask nonetheless. I have had my F430 interior switches refinished and have just refitted them. When testing them for operation, I noticed that the light of the Spider roof switch is always on (w/ ignition). Independent whether headlights are turned on or not.

All other switches only light up with headlights turned on.

Is this normal with other cars, too, and accounts for Italian creativity (actually switches are manufactured in Germany, though)? Or is there sth. wrong with my particular switch?

Cheers and thanks,
    TS

2. mdoc3

mdoc3 Karting
    Owner

Jun 12, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I experience the same with my 360 Spider, only the light of the roof switch on (with ignition on). I remember seeing this shortly after buying the car, also worrying about potential problems to come. But the roof mechnism proved to be hassle free in my more than 5 years of ownership. So I guess this is normal for the 360/430 Spider, falling into into the "quirks and features" catergory Doug Demuro would mention in his reviews.
    Enjoy her without worrying too much!
    Martin

3. 1949live

1949live Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    I have a 2007 Spider and the roof switch on mine also lights up all the time. Go figure.

4. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Same on our 360.