ANDRETTI on Hamilton | Page 2 | FerrariChat

ANDRETTI on Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by 375+, Apr 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Um let me see :

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/how-well-would-hamilton-do-in-the-schumacher-hakinnen-period.584857/page-7

Any opportunity to bring up race........ countless times over the years.

Best,
    Sammy

stavura and Igor Ound like this.
  2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    sammysaber likes this.
  3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think it’s an enviable position for any driver. But clearly Ron Dennis saw something in Hamilton that he projected into a successful and fruitful career.

I disagree that Hamilton “lucked” into anything. Clearly, he’s good enough to be a #1 driver and teams have banked on him.

Not to digress, but look out for Charles LeClerc as his heir apparent. I’ve been watching the eSports races and he translates his skills on the track extremely well (despite not living on the games). It speaks to his advanced understanding of driving strategy

william likes this.
  4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I have an F355 and have owned it for 20 years.

Ferrari getting beaten is Ferrari's fault, not the people who beat them !

Right now, I am (and have been) in a strange position.
    When Vetel won 4 WDC for RB I got to the point where I could not root for Vetel even while he was driving for Ferrari.
    I can never root for RB.
    My current favorite driver is Hamilton and a lot of this is due to his no nonsense driving style, his ability to preserve his tires, and his ability to pass cleanly.
    I can't root for Verstapen due to his take a chance driving style--if he were driving in the mid 1990s he would end up killed like Senna.

So I find my self rooting for Hamilton as a driver and for Ferrari as a car.
    As stated above I own a F355, but I also own a V12 Mercedes S-600.

spider_s and william like this.
  5. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    I agree with this, LeClerc shows flashes of brilliance and in equal equipment the only advantage Hamilton would have over him and Max is experience. Max and Charles will produce amazing racing long after Lewis is gone. And of the two, I’d hope Leclerc comes out on top for the Scuderia.

6. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    William we usually see eye to eye but that Michael comment was bad. Granted I didn’t go into the linked thread to attempt to get context but ouch man. While Mike had his “thuggish” moments one couldn’t possibly deny his ability. Great champion with some not so great moments, it happens.

sammysaber likes this.
  7. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau