488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 32 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

In all fairness he isn't the only one.

Il Co-Pilota and paulchua like this.
  2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Wow. What a bundle of joy that guy is. Didn't anyone ever tell him that it's nice to be nice?
    Oh well, some people can't help projecting;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua likes this.
  3. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    UK market has not been forgiving, prices down across the board but, ferrari asking prices are holding up way better then anything else

4. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Loooooool

paulchua likes this.
  5. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It's a shame really as he really must have a passion for these cars to hang around so much despite the hostility

Shadowfax and paulchua like this.
  6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Passion?? I wouldn't call endless trolling on a subject where you repeatedly claim how the products are inferior, unengaging and bring no joy passion. Passion is when you enjoy the experience. You partake in the experience. This isn't passion. I dont know what the **** it is.

Cigarzman, Caeruleus11 and paulchua like this.
  7. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Tdf is an F12 same as Heidi Klum is just a female :)

Caeruleus11, IloveGT and Avia11 like this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Bro, have you seen her up close? Lets not insult the F12 here, LOL

Clay512TR and Avia11 like this.
  9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #784 noone1, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    1. What was your question?

2. A graph that includes, for example, every car from 1989-2000 on the same plot is meaningless. If that wasn't obvious enough already, then just look at the price of a 1999 360 today and ask yourself if it has retained 75% of its value like the graph would indicate, or if it's been going up massively in value in the last 5 years.

The graph says based on "market capitalization." What does that even mean? The last car sold * the number of cars produced?

So yes, I stand by my claim that the last recession caused a major drop in exotic values. Want to talk about Ferraris in particular? Look no further than the F430 Scuderia which launched at the worst possible time. It's why when people brought up the residuals on Scuds in recent years, most are quick to point out that it was subjected to the global financial crisis and you shouldn't compare the historical price trends on that car to something like the Speciale.

10. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Ha ha!! I'm talking in her "golden years" :)

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    What's my question? It's right there on the link. After you answer my question, explain what proof you have that MT lied about the LaF lap time? Or say your statement that no law (or even reason) that exists in the United States that entitles a person to a deposit refund? Or how about when you disparagingly Ferrari's production numbers were on par with Rolex? Or how about your claims that weight, mileage don't matter, and we should gauge things by infinite timelines? Or how about when you said it should be easy for any manufacturer to mass-produce and profit with 800 hp engines, and that you know how to do this? Or why you thought it would be helpful to make fun of a person's Enzo?

The above are just a few questions I've asked you to expound on Mike, you know I speak the truth.

The list is long, and you also know you've alienated I would say perhaps 20 folks here? Would you agree? (Again, I know in your head the 20 people that are perturbed by your posts are the jerks, and you are the angel, happy to entertain this version of your reality, but just so we're on the same page, you do acknowledge you are not well-liked here?) - The question I've asked (again the link above) is, why do you think beyond you saying before it's just because all of us need therapists?

Moving the goalposts again Mike, something you love doing when proven wrong. Who said anything about residuals? Who said anything about values 5 years from now. You said (not me, YOU) that the last recession massively hurt the exotic market. I show you hard evidence (you can go to Ferrari investor relations and Hagi and verify yourself) the exact opposite in terms of new and 2nd hand sales, and now you talk about residuals and values in the year 2026? How the hell do I know what the Ferrari values will be at 2026? You see, unlike you, I don't like giving advice about topics I have no knowledge about.

See Mike; you're a type of person that acts boorish but calls foul when somebody takes your behavior and gives it right back. Here is another example.
    Don't like being trivialized? here's some advice, don't act like a feminine hygiene product to others in the first place, worst, you get worked up when folks dish your nonsense back right back at you.

I recommend you study basic finance. Market Cap, especially as it applies to Indexes, is a very standard concept. No, it's not the example you gave, and I shudder to think one that doesn't even have this basic understanding has had the chutzpah to give financial advice here with your level of certitude, and arrogance.
    Why wouldn't we be talking about Ferrari in particular? This is Ferrarichat is it not? The thread is specifically about the Pista, Yes? I don't know, are you confusing this thread with Lambo/Mac Chat?

I see you've softened the tone, not longer "massive," but now "major" next, I suspect you say 'strong' then 'firm' - then most likely no adjective qualifier.

But sure, let's take a look at your example. We're talking about Scud, I remember back then, anybody that got an allocation from a dealer new was not hurting. Speculators and folks, that bought thinking they are going to do a quick flip? I'm sure some got hurt, but that happens in any market.

Can you imagine if I took your advice and exited the market in the 2007-2008 time frame? Because again (your words not mine) "This recession is going to massively hurt the exotic market."

Holy Lord.

Yup, right in the midst of the recession that birthed the biggest run-up in history because someone like you told me the end is neigh.

mkraft3003 and SoCal to az like this.
  12. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Maybe he drives a Prius; believes climate change is manmade. Those two things alone would make him chronically angry at everyone for everything.

Shadowfax, SoCal to az and Shack like this.
  13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    So am I...2008 I cast her in my commercial.

tekaefixe likes this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I've approached Mike with good faith. I read his first post, even defended him at the start.

But quickly, I saw what many others saw.

He does a good job keeping his nose clean right up to the line.

I think @ttforcefed said it best with a party/restaurant analogy; we had this other joker called "Super_Dave" that had the same persona. Very "know it all" and critical. It's that guy looking through the window of a fancy restaurant and party (not invited), and unfortunately, can telegraph to the folks inside all the things 'bad, wrong' about the food or music...."

There are some permacritics that I like in my life and career, those are the ones when they act this way, and I dish it back, they sincerely and intellectually examine my rebuttal. Often, these folks agree and concede my point, or at least we come to a sincere good faith disagreement.

Unfortunately, @noone1 does not seem to have the capacity to accept when he's been proven wrong, so many times he double/triple/quadruple downs - it just betrays his lack of intellectual honesty, and boils down to the simple conclusion we all suspect on the root of his behavior - sad indeed and not the way I like to feel superior to anyone.

Caeruleus11 and SoCal to az like this.
  15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Haha exactly!!! Well put!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Come on - you guys are exaggerating!!! There haven’t been any good entry points in ferrari land in the past 13 years!!!

paulchua likes this.
  17. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    I only drive on auto mode if daily driving in the city... but it is so much fun to drive in Sport Manual mode in my Cali T... a question to ask all... is constantly driving it in sport manual mode and pushing it how much does it affect the engine? Does it ruin it over time?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

It affects the engine a lot. Makes it more fun.

19. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Fun definitely but how much does it f*** up the engine?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Why would driving tue car mess up the engine as long as you maintain it properly?

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    About as much as it F**** up the driver.:)

22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Is this a serious question ?

Shadowfax likes this.
  23. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I think so, for my understanding he's basically wondering what additional wear/ strain does pushing the car all the time in manual mode have compared to auto mode pottering round the city

24. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    As long as warm-up time is respected, pushing the engine should have minimal detrimental effects.
    Besides, one could also short shift when driving in a relaxed manual mode.

25. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    As I see it, pottering around town in low speed and low revs in a GDI car is a lot worse to a super sports car engine than driving like you stole it in manual mode through a mountain pass, provided you let all fluids reach service temperature and you allow the car to cool down (especially if turbocharged) before turning it off.

Same applies to turbocharged diesel common rail engines.

Kind regards,

Nuno.