Flushing F1 Fluid on 430? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Flushing F1 Fluid on 430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by caymangone, Jan 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    Thanks all. I was definitely overthinking this as it was ridiculously simple. Just as others have said, open the clutch block bleed and run the bleed program several times. Close it up and run the cycle on the bleed port to the right of the PS reservoir a few times and your done. Don't forget to keep reservoir full of hydraulic fluid as you go....

2. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    The SEST tool (Smart E-diff Solenoid Tester) from Stefvan at Scud Ing will allow you to bleed the E-D-diff. It must be used in conjunction with the F1 Smart Relay in maintenance mode.

The SEST safely powers the solenoid. Do NOT attempt to power the solenoid directly with 12V DC. That will damage it and it's a $591 part.

I have both and can attest to their usefulness.

Ray

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Actually since my post the launch has now been updated to bleed ediff ..just a fyi

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

4. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Is the e-diff bled using the Launch X431 and opening the bleeder valve under the car? It has a fabric/metal soft heat shield wrapped around it with two snaps on it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    That is the intent but i can't say I have tried the new function yet .

It should follow the instructions in the wsm meant for the SD tool but instead using the x431 .. at least that is my understanding

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

6. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Okay thanks. I’m not planning on pulling my bottom panel off for another year, so if you do, please keep me posted.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app