488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 36 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    "I am confident that the 765 will be the car that I have been longing for and the only one that will be a keeper."

:rolleyes: So let me get this straight. Out of all the years you've been on this Earth, out of all the cars ever made, all the cars that have been available for years and years and right now even, you've only just now found your "keeper" in a future 2020 McLaren... a car with a DCT, more electronic driver aides than you'll even know are active, that will sound average just like all McLarens, and definitely isn't winning any beauty pageants. Am I getting that right?

Seems obvious to me that what you long for is to be seen only in what's new and hot. Make sure you share with us your lap times...

Nincompoop likes this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

There is always a reason to sell a car, I have gone through quite a few myself but when you see a car with delivery miles you cant necessarily say it meets any criteria on your list. I mean what's the point of buying a car, paying sales tax, not driving it and the car stays at the dealer to be sold? Usually these are people who speculated or not in a position to fulfill their commitment. Then you have some that will drive it 100 miles and say it didnt meet expectation although the car hasn't even been broken in. Some of the stories dont add up.

Shadowfax, ferrame and JTSE30 like this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The 765 take an already great platform and turns it up to 11 and that's why it will be great. You wouldn't know because you haven't driven a 720. Also, IMO and others it also looks fantastic.

tekaefixe, Avia11 and SoCal to az like this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Let me get this straight....someone with no cars, no history of cars, no plans for a car is asking a Forum member with a Million dollar in cars purchased or on order for lap times? Seriously?? You can’t make this **** up.

Ash Patel, tekaefixe, PTG1 and 3 others like this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I tend to agree that the 765LT will likely be the keeper McLaren (excepting of course the Senna which is in league all its own). The 765LT is the best and last non-hybrid McLaren. I’m super excited about the car. It might accomplish 0-124mph in sub-7 seconds. It’s hard to even fathom that level of performance. My Performante is 8.3 seconds and my 812 is 7.9 seconds and both are neck-breaking fast. I think the styling fixes the 720S flaws, but I tend to like a harder edge. And the exhaust note will likely be as good as a turbo car can sound.

Gh21631 and Coincid like this.
  6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Ok... I give up. Almost every owner with a Pista for sale is a broke d***. I thought the rationale I provided was well-reasoned, but I guess not.

Gh21631 likes this.
  7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    People said the same thing about the 675LT and 600LT too, and they've been out for years and are a hell of a lot cheaper than the 765LT. Why did he sleep on those? I just always find it funny how people say they want something that has seemingly existed for ages, yet they go and buy the newest version that's more removed from the goals than ever before and likely more costly to own as well. So many people talk about interaction, feel, dynamics, yada yada, and then they buy one with something called drift mode or side slip control and it downshifts for you and...

CGT... manual, far less "driver aides", sounds 100x better, top comes off, completely bespoke, will likely do low 7 min on NR (i.e. more than anyone needs on a normal road anyway), arguably just as mediocre looking at a 765LT, was cheaper than a 765LT for quite a while, and will likely be worth far more than 765LT is 2-3 years...

Wish people would just say "I want something that looks new." It's totally normal. Nothing wrong with wanting the new, cool model.

8. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Those cars are almost always going to be "speculators", some thinking they could drive for free for a year, others maybe hoping to flip. Unfortunately they got the ass end of production and now there are used cars are under MSRP practically before they even got theirs delivered.

9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A Senna just sold for $850K. Wouldn't be surprised if it was cheaper to own a Senna than a 765 in the long-term... Different up-front cost, but if you got $1M in cars anyway...

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    No I'm not saying their all broke but I do believe many were sold on the idea it would be harder to get and more exclusive and they figured they could make a buck and some did. I'm sure there are outliers though.

PTG1 and Thecadster like this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Why are you so concerned about what people want? Why do they need to justify to you?

Il Co-Pilota and SoCal to az like this.
  12. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Oh they don't, I just think a lot people in exotic communities are quite funny in the image they want to portray. The enthusiast's enthusiast, as I would call it.

13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I simply ignore him much as you would an annoying child who craves attention.

Ash Patel and IloveGT like this.
  14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I suggested the moderator to permanently ban @noone1. The last two pages I have reached a firm conclusion that he is just a troll feeding on our responses. His activity frequency is very high. Probably got laid off. Nothing better than his usual useless and provoking comments.

I propose all of us ignore him unless his existence is still funny enough for us during the boredom we are in.

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Wtf does this mean???

Il Co-Pilota, Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    No. You just invited a response.

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    he has me on ignore. So no response but it’s more of a general comment.

when he says that people in exotic communities are funny- I mean- he is a person in an exotic community. But his response is telling. He doesn’t consider himself a member of an exotic community- ergo his only purpose to hang out here is troll everyone.

you are right- I fell for it and engaged him. But damn- it’s so ridiculous.

18. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So then put me on ignore rather than talking **** constantly. Actually, I'll put you on ignore and then we won't interact anymore. Good luck with 675LT.

You too. Cheers.

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Why is someone whose only purpose is to troll threads and antagonize members allowed on this website?

yes you can ignore the individual but then the thread is littered with half empty posts and notifications asking you if you want to see the ignored content, which ruins the experience.

Seriously annoying.

IloveGT, Thecadster and Coincid like this.
  20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Curious, what image do you wish to portray?

Napoli likes this.
  21. Nincompoop

Nincompoop Rookie

Feb 9, 2017
    Nevada
    I don’t see what all the emotion is about noone. Let him speak and offer his opinion.

22. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    with all due respect, once you are you here long enough, you will find out very soon what his so called "opinions" really are and intentions behind these "opinions". He is not a contributing member but just a very annoying troll, on a very persistent basis.

Coincid, mkraft3003 and Thecadster like this.
  23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Give it some time. You’ll come around to our way of thinking.

24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Ignore button. Easy to learn.

25. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    What does a reasonably specced F8 go for over there? You can get a reasonably specced one in the UK for around £240K from 488 pricing I'm seeing the car being worth around £150k after 4 years so it's only costing around £22.5k per year so not really that much, are they depreciating more in the US, is the view that the F8 will perform worse then the 488 or is this considered a lot given how F cars used to hold value?