Remote TPS | FerrariChat

Remote TPS

Discussion in '308/328' started by DanielGA, Apr 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DanielGA

DanielGA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Daniel A.
    All,

I am installing EFI and more on my 2V 308 engine in a Mondial 8. I am soon tackling adding a TPS. While I had thought to somehow connect it directly to the butterfly plate axis on the throttle body I discovered the concept of a "remote TPS".

A remote TPS (throttle position sensor) seems to be mechanisms (either by cable or by mechanical link) so that the TPS is actually elsewhere and the cable/link connects to the butterfly mechanism. This seems MUCH EASIER to install and also I do not need to worry about clearance with the hood lid in the case of 2v 308 engine. It seems easy to connect underneath the throttle body.

Here are several versions:

TCI Remote TPS 377450
    Innovate Motorsports 3930
    HGM Accu-Link
    PCS Remote Mount Throttle Position Sensor
    US Shift TPS Kit

The first one, TCI Remote, seems to be the easiest to install.

Any users of these? Any suggestions?

2. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I would look at something like this:
    https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecId=5121&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=MC-202&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgdWY2P6G6QIVRBx9Ch0Dug_aEAQYAiABEgLYTfD_BwE

Or similar. Those you list mostly seem to be for electric transmission use, though i suppose they could also work for EFI. The longer cable would allow the TPS to be mounted about anywhere.

I assume they are all similar, with throttle closed, you input that postion as 0, with throttle wide open you designate that position at 100%, your ECU will interpolate everything in between.

Doug

3. DanielGA

DanielGA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Daniel A.
    I saw those comments about electric transmission use...but does that matter? If its an easier of attachment compatability, etc, that is mute since this is all custom. I will be used an AEM computer and I guess I can adjust the table appropriately.

Thanks for the pointer to the additional option. I think still the option I mentioned with a longer cable is more practical, but thanks!