I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by hankcinq, Apr 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
  2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Really dumb question...but forced with an angry wife, giving up $15K+ the $4750, so call it $20K....why would you not just say "**** it", so what if you can never buy or sell on BaT again IF these guys are real.

I would just walk away from the deal (the "winning" bidder). This is just stupid.

3. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#53 Bradwilliams, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Yep. Property and art too. It's always "different this time"

4. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    It's California, so maybe it's Nancy Pelosi's husband.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Or worse, maybe his wife is Lorena Bobbitt. In that case, eat the 20 G's!

5. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

6. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Go see the car! You have to go deeper here, if not for you, for the good of this thread!

Bradwilliams likes this.
  7. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    I agree that the seller had shill bidders; what probably happened is that they got close to the reserve, and BaT made up the difference between the bid and the reserve so that the car would sell.

The seller now knows that he can't list the car for more than it bid for, and it's really worth less at this point. He's looking for a sucker to take the car off of his hands.

8. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #58 F355 Fan 82, Apr 28, 2020
    So spoke to a good friend of mine, car dealer in miami knows the place where the car is, called them, the car is physically there. it's a racing storage facility, they're trying to get more info on the car for us, basically car is real and was verified by 3rd party with no affiliation.

So i just called this enrique guy, did not answer.

Question I see on the BAT auction the title says "bonded" ....googling around i see what it means but can i get more info?

Texas Forever likes this.
  9. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Better Call Saul!

mathewr and Bradwilliams like this.
  10. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Bonded title means that the title is a duplicate title and that there is a bond on the title. Almost certainly means that the title was lost by a previous owner, and the seller went to get another title.

The problem with buying a car on a bonded title is that, if the original title is found, that title supersedes the bonded title, and the name on that title is the owner of the car. Bonds usually last for two years in most states; if the original title never shows up, the bonded title can be exchanged for a new clean title.

I wouldn't touch it. Way too much risk. And, if you're in Texas, you won't be able to get a Texas title until the Florida title (if that's what it is) bond expires.

BTW, this is what is really meant when people say "clean title": the title has no liens or bonds.

11. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #61 F355 Fan 82, Apr 28, 2020
    Thanks for the info sir

Question, how does BAT allow stuff like this to be listed?

Ok this enrique guy just forwarded me the BAT email, it has the owners name and number, i googled, he's a professional race car driver? The saga gets more intriguing......

12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ah, winds of the old days. Back in the day, it sometimes seemed as if the Ferraris with stories outnumbered those that didn't.

Bradwilliams and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  13. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #63 F355 Fan 82, Apr 28, 2020
    I just got off a phone call with enrique, man i was confused before this, now i don't know where i am

1) enrique sounded like a white guy not the enrique in the pic on the site he sent me.
    2) he forwarded me the email you get from bat when you win, it has owners contact info
    3) goole shows owner lives in miami beach and is a rich race car driver
    4) owners email is his personal website which shows all his racing accolades
    5) enrique remember he's friend of the buyer who will lose wife if buys car, they're wiring $95k to owner tomorrow bc deal must be done
    6) it will take days to get a truck over to pick up car to take to san fran so if i want in that timeframe can wire $80k to enrique's new owner
    7) the car i was told by car dealer friend who knew owner of storage facility its at, has been sitting for 3 years collecting dust at $400/mo storage but its there
    8) car has bonded title and dealer above says its a dont touch
    9) Winner would be "losing $20k" for the right of never owning the car
    10) i asked why he wouldn't just eat 5% fee and move on, they're apparently friends of guys who own BAT and don't want to upset them?

My head is spinning from so much stuff, glad im on quarantine and have nothing else to do now, but holy moly, still waiting on my friend who is a big dealer here to hear back from his friend who owns ANSA, they're getting me the whole story,etc. Now this whole bonded title thing is a whole nother can of worms that makes me even more worried but damn sweet car for $80k

BAT messaged me back that they spoke with buyer and he's going through deal with seller and they didn't know otherwise

Im lost

Jaguar36 and Texas Forever like this.
  14. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#64 Bradwilliams, Apr 28, 2020

Looks like those days may be returning for awhile! :)

There was all kinds of tomfoolery and slimey behavior going on back in early 2014 when all these prices went nuclear (For no reason at all). It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see the same kind of nonsense now that the CC market is entering the first stages of the tower of terror.

15. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I get what’s happening.
    Enrique is full of ****. He doesn’t know Heyhey (who won and likely IS doing a deal with the seller). He does have a friend in SF posing as “HeyHey” though, so let them do their thing to “secure” the car, wire them $80k, and voila. You’re now Patsy!

Julia, Texas Forever and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  16. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    That’s what I thought! But then he sent me the email from bat with the sellers contact info and I called but nobody answered but googling his name you see he is a race car driver and lives here in Miami. Weird stuff but it says email came from bat when he forwarded it to me. I blocked out the names

17. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    What fun would it be if they all fell over with their legs in the air? Chase her down.

18. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    A bonded title is a very, very serious issue with the car. For that not to be disclosed in the auction is unethical and the buyer has every reason to back out and demand his BaT buyer's premium be refunded on those grounds. If the BaT buyer is concerned that Randy @ BaT is going to be pissed for not following through, well... BaT never mentioned a bonded title.

root, Texas Forever and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  19. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

If you're at the card table this long and you still can't figure out what is going on, or who the fool is in the room, it's you.

20. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    O I know what’s going on but the car is real and it’s been collecting dust for 3 years owner of facility is saying who Enrique is I don’t know

21. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Maybe the person contacting you hacked into the winning bidder email.

22. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    My 12 y/o could fake that email in under a minute...

23. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Ask a mod to check IP address of this account. Does it match where Enrique claims to be?

What is the reqistered e-mail to this account? Does it match one you've been corresponding with or used on BAT??

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  24. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    This is the enigma of BaT

Read the TOS/
    He’d use a VPN, encryption, etc. IP prob won’t help. The email might though.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  25. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #75 F355 Fan 82, Apr 28, 2020
    Here's where Im lost, we'll have an answer soon on if the car is for sale. I have a couple different people who know the owner, they're reaching out to him. I got in a group chat with a couple cars and coffee people i know, asked about the owner, immediately one of them said "he moved to colorado a while ago"....which makes sense he has another car listed in CO. Owner is real, he is the owner of the 575 and the testarossa listed on BAT. Couple of these guys know him, race car driver, whatever he had car stored for a long time. Anyways whoever posted in here, I don't get how/why he cares so much to lose $20k bc you can just walk away, people do it all the time.....he said winner is a friend of the BAT owners and doesn't want to upset them

Anyhoo, miami is small car community, reaching out to few people, found the car it is real and its at said storage facility the guy on here said it was at, couple people trying to get hold of owner to see what the real story is. Not sure whats gonna happen but if it is $80k I would like it, this bonded title thing seems weird but a few friends knowing this guy makes me a little more comfortable. The BAT username is the initials of the guy too so there is that, not fake. He has auctioned a few other pricey cars on BAT too.

We'll see soon it still would've been 1000x easier if this guy didn't bid the $95k and i won with the bid before it. All the weird stuff after is just too odd