The 15 New Models by 2022 - What We Know | Page 24 | FerrariChat

The 15 New Models by 2022 - What We Know

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Forza Scuderia, Feb 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I see. Thanks for the clarification.

G. Pepper likes this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    They may be very conservative this year, with only a Portofino facelift and an SF90 Spider - to "new" models that would have a hard time to make flashing headlines.

3. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    And 812 “gto“ ? Isn’t for this year?

4. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    Where is the SF90 prototype ?

5. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
  6. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    How often has Ferrari done a facelift instead of introducing a new model? Did cali 30 have any visual changes? seems out of line

7. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    They also need to update 812SF and Portofino with Euro 6D engines (ie those from 812GTS and Roma) as required for new European registrations

Tapatalk @bah-L09

DGPF likes this.
  8. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Depends on your definition of a new model versus a facelift as Ferrari often have changed the name and called it a new model when most other companies would classify it as a facelift and leave the model name as it is. Below I've broken the main production model families since Ferrari moved to the current Fxxx system in the early seventies. Sometimes the evolution through the family has been a series of mild facelifts and relatively minor mechanical changes. Others paricularly in more recent times have involved wholesales changes to mechanicals and the body in white.

F101- 365GT4 2+2, 400, 400i and 412 only featured minor styling changes - effectively light face lift with minor mechanical changes. Also just to confuse, as Ferrari likes to, the 365GTC4 is also an F101 even though it has a different body and a shorter wheelbase.
    F102 - 365GT4BB. 512BB and 512BBi all featured minor styling changes as the engine was updated - to me these are face lifts
    F106 - 328 is a heavier facelift of the 308 with an enlarged engine
    F108 - Mondial significant facelift when it was upgraded from the QV to 3.2 and then a mild facelift but major chassis changes when upgraded to the Mondial T
    F110 - 512TR and F512M were effectively facelifts of the Testarossa (albeit with some significant chassis modifications). Early 512TR's carried the Testarossa name on the rear deck
    F116 - 456 was lightly facelifted to 456M
    F119 - 348 was updated to 355 combination of body and engine changes, biggest change so far and enough for it to be clearly seen as a new model and not just a facelift
    F131 - 360 platform became 430 with signficant body and engine changes similar level of evolution as 348-355
    F133 - 575 was effectively a mild facelift of the 550 with only the front and headlights updated externally and a capacity increase
    F137 - 612 only went through one evolution before moving to a new platform
    F141 - 599 only went through one evolution before moving to a new platform
    F142 - 458 very heavy update to 488 but internal designation F142M More than a facelift not quite an all new model. The F8 Tributo is more of heavy 488 facelift than an outright new model
    F149 Ferrari California, reasonably heavy facelift and new engine to become California T
    F151 FF significant body in white changes to become GTC4Lusso F151M
    F152 F12 had significant body in while changes to become the 812 with designation F152M
    F164 Portofino we will see if updated car retains the Portofino name perhaps with T or M appended to name
    F169 Roma separate internal designation to Portofino despite shared platform and engine.

DGPF and paulchua like this.
  9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Doug23 likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Ferrari says 2 releases this year.

Porotfino Refresh?
    SF90 Targa?

Disagreements encouraged.

11. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Lol I am aware of this info, but I appreciate the depth of response. guess I should have been more clear, new model name = new model. I don't agree with it, but 456 to 456M would be considered new model according to ferrari, so what I am asking is will there be a new name given to portofino 'facelift'

paulchua likes this.
  12. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    stavura, paulchua, SirPouyan and 2 others like this.
  13. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
  14. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Nice, so a 'new' model like 456M, 575M

paulchua likes this.
  15. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Bit worried to read about an impending Portofino update as I ordered one mid Jan and of course has not been delivered yet. Will I be the dumbo to get the last non-M version:eek: . Of course I liked the car on the test drives (choose it above a DB11) but wish the digital speedometer was in the rev counter (like in the Roma) and did not need it's own screen

paulchua likes this.
  16. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Discussed here since Dec 5 if not earlier as a 2020 launch

17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #594 paulchua, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
    thank you thank you.

Good find.

So SF90 Aperta & Porto M = "2 releases this year"

whatcha guys think?

Marcel Massini likes this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Not, not at all. Sometimes a predecessor model is actually preferred by some.

512TR vs 512M
    F355 vs 360

Even the 456 vs 456M has many that feel the original looks better.

Enjoy your car, and when the Porto replacement comes out - ask yourself honestly if you like it better, I'm sure you can always trade up on favorable terms with your dealer if it really bugs you.

Best wishes.

19. Elmediterraneooo

Sep 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Elmediterraneooo
    Is that real that the Purosangue will have 2 door only ?
    It's a non-sense an SUV/FUV of that size that competes the Lamborghini Urus should also comes 4 door for a the best access to the rear seats and a decent luggage space.
    I thought about a Mazda RX-8-like little suicide rear doors that opens a the access to the rear seats and keeping an 2-door-like design at the same time.

Zadoc Rb Gibbs and DGPF like this.
  20. Zadoc Rb Gibbs

Sep 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Zadoc Rb Gibbs
    Ferrari did mention that this Fuv will differ greatly from the competition. We could just see a layout similar to the gtc4lussi and the FF with higher ground clearance. Hopefully a v12 is offered.

paulchua likes this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    This is a very cool synopsis - nice to see it laid out like this.

Daytonafan likes this.
  22. Elmediterraneooo

Sep 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Elmediterraneooo
    I just hope they don't screw this up because the GTC4Lusso has still giant doors but tiny rear seats.
    As for the engine the best option for that kind of car would be a V8 twin-turbo for the best torque and fuel consumption, just like all the competition did (Aston Martin DBX, Audi RS Q8, BMW X6 M, Lamborghini Urus, Mercedes AMG GLE 63, Porsche Cayenne Turbo etc...)
    But I saw this on an italian media : "Se dal punto di vista tecnico alcune specifiche sono già note quanto plausibili, come l'adozione di un V12 da almeno 800 cavalli e la trazione integrale 4RM"
    https://www.automoto.it/news/ferrari-purosangue-potrebbe-essere-cosi-ecco-le-caratteristiche-e-data-di-presentazione.html

So it will be basically a higher GTC4Lusso 2 door, NA V12 ?

23. Zadoc Rb Gibbs

Sep 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Zadoc Rb Gibbs
    I agree with you for daily usage and the fuel economy a ttv8 will be the better choice. However the v12 Ferrari offers will give it a characteristic that cannot be matched. It is a Ferrari engine being offered in a Ferrari FUV. I believe Ferrari has learned their lesson from the gtc4lusso and FF. They mention that they are facing challenges with the Fuv hence why it has been delayed. I am pretty sure it will be the SUV to get if it looks anything like the article which it should considering they stated its design will be inspired by the Roma. Expect to see the v6 plugin hybrid setup from LB and possibly a v12 with large Carbon fiber rims as an option with a 190mph or 200mph top speed. It will be epic... Hence the wait.

psych0hans likes this.