European 812 from now onwards have GPF | FerrariChat

European 812 from now onwards have GPF

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by LMH, Mar 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    My brand new 812 arrived 2 weeks ago to Madrid, Spain, and it has been confirmed by dealer it comes with GPF as per it’s code:

F152DB 2P V12 EURO6D GPF EU AD

so I guess all our european 812s from this day onwards will come with GPF

2. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Interesting. Have you heard the car yet? Please report back when you do! Ideally, your impressions versus a pre-GPF sound

3. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Not yet as we are in lockdown, but will report back when I have the chance

4. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Thanks. Would be very interested in what you think, at idle and rev’ing

I have a GTS on order with GPF fitted

5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    What a time for your 812 arrival but at least it has already been delivered to the dealer. If it can be of any consolation to you I'm in Lisbon, not so far from Madrid, and we are also in retreat. Now when I miss desperately driving my F12 I go to the garage start it and just listen to the sound of the engine. Everyone is making sacrifices to fight this terrible pandemic but I know from Spanish friends that the fight in Madrid is titanic. Good luck….

6. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Luis, I know it’s easy for me to say, but I wouldn’t worry too much. I’m sure it will still sound great. Hope all is okay with you up there in Madrid. Post some pictures when you take delivery and take care in the meantime.

LMH likes this.
  7. 599freak

599freak Rookie

Mar 12, 2008
    Is there an aftermarket solution to get rid of the GPF? Does the Novitec setup do it?

8. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Nothing yet, and sounds like it won't be easy if even possible.

9. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    It’s still too soon to tell as no one (that I know of) has properly seen the way the GPF is incorporated. I think it’s fairly safe to assume though that removing the actual GPF will be difficult (require ECU tune) and will almost definitely invalidate the warranty

Keep in mind, a lot of the reason that 2020 onwards models (at least in Europe) will be quieter is due to new EU noise limits. As such, I plan to leave the GPF alone on my incoming GTS but change the rear boxes for Novitec and potentially also add sports cats and x pipe. Those modifications should mean it still sounds decent

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  10. Cnoordz

Cnoordz Karting

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    C
    GPF seems to sit after the cats so looks like it is not going to be very hard to remove. Curious to see the boys at Novitec / Capristo examining the software issues.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

LMH and Doug23 like this.
  11. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Regarding this, I just bought a exhaust for my GT3 RS from the UK guys:

https://www.jcr-developments.com/jcr

And they told me they are working on a non-intrusive GPF delete for the latest Carreras with GPF, one that tricks the system so that you don´t need to touch ECU

Bas likes this.
  12. Cnoordz

Cnoordz Karting

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    C
    If my info is correct the 'problem' with removing the GPF (OPF) on the GT3RS are the backpressure sensors which they need to emulate.

13. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Just saw for first time and listened to my brand new 812 with GPF. To understand my "ear", my other cars are a Tesla, a Speciale, a 991 GT3 RS and a 720S soon to be replaced by 765LT Spider (sound in the 720S with sport exhaust is disappointing, as is in my opinion the 488 and the F8 of which I have one coming)

I approached the dealership with fear, as all I´ve read here about GPF being disappointing, the end of the world, etc,... Even ready to reject the car if the sound was bad. Well..., the car sounds VERY NICE at idle and when revving. I couldn´t go above 3.000 revs as the car was still in "logistic mode", but still sound very aggressive.

It sounds better than my Speciale for sure, both louder and nicer. I´m happy with it.

They didn´t have any non-GPF 812 to compare there, but I´ll do a comparison other day once I take delivery, I´m sure they are not worlds apart.

In summary, all GPF 812 or GTS owners: you can rest in peace it still sounds loud and special.

:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Scudmsl, of2worlds, stavura and 12 others like this.
  14. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Thank you for sharing this with us. Honestly, GPF or not, I have no doubt that my upcoming GTS will be a wonderful car: how can one be disappointed by an open car with a NA V12?

of2worlds, LMH, KarlA69 and 1 other person like this.
  15. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Im glad to hear it still sound good. Thank you for your review. I have a 2019 Superfast and am awaiting production of my GTS. Looking forward to doing a comparison when the time comes.

of2worlds and LMH like this.
  16. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I got my 812 SF with GPF last week . At cold start no big difference wit the one without but as soon as it warms up rev are going down at idle and then difference is clear . When you go up with revs sound is very good but I didn’t have the opportunity di compare . I can say if you have trip of around 200 km at high speed , higher noise should become uncomfortable. Already like it is I think is very high . I thought to install Capristo before getting my 812 but I think to keep it like it is now

17. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    How do we know in US if our 2020 MY has GPF?

18. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Ask your dealer for the MODIS code

As from another post:

F152CB 12V 2P USA MY 19

F152CB 2P V12 USA ADAS MY20

The codes above do NOT have GPF

= = = = =

For EU, MODIS codes for EU-destination MY2020 812SF (once order status reaches Red10, perhaps earlier) show:
    F152DB 2P V12 EURO6D GPF EU AD

("AD" at end of code is probably abbreviation for "ADAS")

That appears to indicate, at this time, 812SF for EU are receiving GPF and 812SF for USA are not...

of2worlds likes this.
  19. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    ^^ So good to know.. amazing news! Thank you.

20. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    My 2020 is without GPF per the above.. I guess that is good!

21. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Hope you're enjoying the car and have a chance to drive it despite Covid restrictions! When you get a chance, we would love to hear a drive by video of the sound (with decent revs :). Many thanks

LMH likes this.
  22. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    New US-bound 812 SF orders now show in system as MY 2021, and have a new MODIS code:

[​IMG]

Thus, all new US 812 SF orders, moving forward, will likewise have GPF. CONFIRMED.

456-boy and LMH like this.
  23. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I am so glad to be GPF free as a 2020 delivered 812! At least with the NA V-12, the GPF has less impact on sound compared with the V-8 Turbo.

of2worlds and 456-boy like this.
  24. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Good to know, thanks!
    Your pic doesn’t appear properly, is it possible to repost it or to write the new Modis code?

25. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Modis code is present also in the car ? Where ? Thx