430 - Anyone do something dumb like I just did? | FerrariChat

430 Anyone do something dumb like I just did?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Extreme1, Apr 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    My wife and I have five cars, one of them being an F430, which I just got two months ago. The Ferrari may get driven twice a month. So yesterday I got into the Ferrari and turned the key and nothing happened. I did it a second time and nothing happened. My wife looked at me with the “what’s this gonna cost look.”

I sat there for a minute before I realized that I had to push the start button. I felt really dumb.

Anyone else willing to admit they’ve done the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

psych0hans likes this.
  2. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Yes, that can easily happen. It's a familiarization thing.

But I think its telling you you need to drive your F430 more often.

jehu999, Need4Spd, Graz and 4 others like this.
  3. psych0hans

psych0hans Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    Bombay, India
    I second this.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

whatheheck likes this.
  4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Wait until you have been driving it a lot. Then jump in your other car and you will find yourself grabbing for the paddles.

5. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    I find myself hopping in my Porsche with the key in my right hand all the time. DOH!

jcurry, brookliner7 and VAF84 like this.
  6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    One easy one is getting gas, climbing in and trying to start her when the immobilizer has timed in. On some Ferraris, she will not turn over. On others, she turns over but will not start, like mine. So now I lock her when I get out to pump the gas. Saves embarrassment.

7. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    After a long flight from east coast to west coast for business, I went to a posh dealership in Santa Barbara to test drive a California before heading to the hotel. As the saleslady started telling me about the features I proudly proclaimed I've already test driven several California's and my familiarity with the model. I even showed her where the battery tender connection should be in the back and the fact some of the tools were missing from the kit.

She handed me the keys, we got in. I turned the key all the way two or three times and nothing. I looked at her completely dumbfounded as if to say, 'why did you let the battery go flat?' Finally she pointed over to the steering wheel and (very nicely) said "start button". Oops. I just replied, "long flight".

Test drive went fine and I was very interested in that car, but the $3K+ to ship back to the east coast put the purchase price just out of reach. Good thing too. A month later I found my dream car, F430 Spider in Rubino Micalizzato/Cuoio.

I've also tried pressing the cigarette lighter on the center console of my CLS550 to go into reverse.

Need4Spd, whatheheck and VAF84 like this.
  8. DrPaul

DrPaul Karting

Dec 27, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Paul M. Strickler
    Not sure I have ever done that, but soon after getting my F430, I found myself pushing the button to try and turn the car off.

brookliner7 likes this.
  9. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    Have to own up. When I swapped my 360 for 430 I stopped to fuel up and then sat on forecourt turning the key, obviously the engine doesn’t even kick over. Panic started to set in until it dawned on me that I needed to push the Start button. I admit to feeling a bit foolish but far more relief!

brookliner7 likes this.
  10. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    I don't drive it often as I like but I forgot how to roll down the windows :)

11. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    I drive Tesla Model 3 daily. With that car you really don't need a key and don't need to start the car. So often if I get into my other cars, I totally forgot to unlock and just grab the door handle to open and once in I forgot to start the car and just press on the accelerator.

12. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I have a stick 911 so when I jump in my Ferrari I often push for the clutch with my left leg

13. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    well of course;)

I actually like not having to push the clutch to start in my 3 pdl 360.

14. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    All good so long as it’s in neutral!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat