330 GT (Series 2) parcel tray measurements please | FerrariChat

330 GT (Series 2) parcel tray measurements please

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by au400i, Apr 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. au400i

au400i Rookie

Oct 26, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Thomas Clement
    Can someone with a 330 Gt (series 2) please take some measurements of the rear parcel tray speaker grills for me. My car no longer has the original parcel tray but I want to replicate the factory specifications as much as possible.

I assume from photos that the rear parcel tray is in leather with "speaker grills" consisting of punched holes in the leather.

I'm interested in the diameter of these holes (could be carefully measured with the blunt end of a drill bit) and the measurements to locate these holes. I have attached an image of the measurements I'm looking for.

If anyone has any further photos of their original parcel tray or any advice then that would also me appreciated.

(Photo courtesy of www.330gt.com)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
  3. au400i

au400i Rookie

Oct 26, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Thomas Clement
    Hi Daytonaman

Yes the car is mine. Chassis number 9187. I purchased it earlier this year and I also have 400i and a 308 GT4 if you are trying to fill in the blanks on my other posts on this forum.

9187 has never been restored and is very original apart from the paint colour and a few details like the parcel tray. I have radio holes in the dash so I have purchased the correct 1966 radio to cover those and of course I need to deal to the parcel tray for both the speaker installation and to return the car closer to original.

I see you live in Australia? I normally reside in Darling Point, Sydney but my 400 & 330 live in NZ (where I am at the moment).

That tool looks like a very good approach to this problem. Did you hand drill that steel sheet on a drill press or do you have access to a CNC machine?

Guessing you also have the measurements to locate the tool?

Thanks
    Thomas

P.S attached is a photo of the car last time I was out before lockdown

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. daytonaman

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Hi Thomas would be great to catch up
    email
    [email protected]

5. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    au400i likes this.
  6. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Howie - that you in the picture :))))))

7. daytonaman

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    yours truly !

8. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
  9. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I have a 330 GT interin car SN 7323 - the holes are not for speakers - there is a fan under there for demisting the rear window

10. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    so same than as at the 250 GT/E

11. daytonaman

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    S1 and S2 different
    S2 definately speakers both sides
    S2 had heated rear screen element

au400i and readplays like this.
  12. au400i

au400i Rookie

Oct 26, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Thomas Clement
    Thank you everyone for your replies and advice. Especially to Kerry for the measurements. I have also been kindly offered a punch template form another forum member which will be a huge help to my project.

I have removed my parcel tray to find that my card is original but it has been covered in cheap Vinyl with a leather look grain though it. I will steam the card to flatten but I'm now after a supplier of there correct leather. Another Fchat member has suggested I should be sourcing Connolly Vaumol. As my dash, tunnel and console is all black I assume the parcel tray would also have been black?

The other thing I'm not 100% sure bout is the piping around the rear edge. I have seen that in many of Kerry's photos. It appears this piping is in the same colour leather as the parcel tray and attached to outer edge from the underside? This forms a trim between this edge of the parcel tray and the white vinyl trim I have under the rear window?

Attached is a few photos of my parcel tray and the white vinyl trim.

Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. au400i

au400i Rookie

Oct 26, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Thomas Clement
    Scratch that, I have just found Kerry's link which explains the piping section around the back of the parcel tray.... Now to find leather and I can get my. work started.

Thank you everyone