F8 - My First Day with My F8 | FerrariChat

F8 My First Day with My F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by F458Italia, Apr 30, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    #1 F458Italia, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2020
    The F8 is different for me just the interior feeling like a real soft ride, I am used to racing seats, so the car took on a more everyday driver and great for long drives.

The smaller steering wheel made the steering feel faster less turn needed, the car over all handles a little better for the street, then the Pista, it just felt lighter so different maybe a better word the better.

The engine has a sound more like diesel truck I have heard on the street, a deep and wide sound, Ferrari let more of the natural turbo come thru the sound but, then put a Ferrari spin on the last part of the sound, giving it that great sounding engine that compels you to keep putting your foot into the power ban.

The engine and horse power, am not one to just put the pedal the floor and pray everything will be OK, so it's more of a smooth pressure till i reach a point you need to shift, and once again that point has everything to do with road conditions, the street you are on and how much time you have in the car you are driving, if you go to fast to soon they aren't any do overs.
    So, at first i thought the car seemed power wise to be closer to the 458 but, after holding the pedal down more the car came alive. After driving again today the car has that hold for live, it's seems to be a smoother power ban.

Then having some time in the car i tried to hold the pedal to the floor and
    can't do that on the Pista and the 812 they are to fast for the street and about when the turbos kicks in I can hold for a second or two just to be sure, the power ban is still climbing but, my senses tell me get out of it and live for another day because it's just to fast for any street. The F8 doesn't give me that same feeling ?I can stay in the throttle all the way thru second gear, and then let off, don;t get me wrong the car has that Ferrari power still. The engine does redeem itself for the most part when the turbos really lights up you get a feeling you need to pay attention here.

The over all exterior is a very nice upgrade to a new cleaner look and the two rear tail lights make the car look even better then to single light. While to front bumper has a sharper cleaner look to it The classic new Ferrari lines have been kept giving the F8 that in movement while at rest look to the car as all Ferrari have..
    The interior has the electric seat very nice I have no other Ferrari with power seats. The cockpit is a mix of the new look like to 812 and some 430 features, as a whole the interior scores a 10 everything you need is on the steering wheel. There is some carbon fiber included and the new style and placement of the air conditioning ducks are a welcomed change. Over all the interior has a very comfortable feel and great for long rides.
    I believe anyone who hasn't driven in a 812 or Pista will feel like to to is a super car, because it has that Ferrari power curve too, and I believe this is another car in the Ferrari line up of New Cars.
    Well Done Ferrari
    Michael Lentini

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    thanks for the write up. So are you really happy about it? sorry, I just can't find the confirmation in the way you report about the car.

3. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    Do you have a Ferrari cirrently

4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Huh?

just two currently. They are in my screen pic.

guys, he better not to think i am @noone1. Lol.

so are you happy about it? can you elaborate more about the comparison of Pista and F8? It seems like you have a Pista as well.

PTG1 and Ash Patel like this.
  5. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    Sorry I can’t really see your car types

you will love the F8 maybe this way may help

I own a 430 Scud and when I bought my 458 that car was like going from a race car and all of it sounds and hit you to the back of the seat power real Raw power

the 458 had a much cleaner power But a lot faster

now going from a 488 then a Pista the F8 is a much more Sophisticated and clean power

I had the F8 out again today and had a chance to leave my foot in the power more and it’s FAST

6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Funny, think its going to haunt us for a while :)

IloveGT and Jo Sta7 like this.
  7. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    thanks! how about the sound between pista and f8? i have a good idea of pista.

Cigarzman likes this.
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'm having hard time following/understanding this review.

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I agree.

Harry Bradfield and LMH like this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #10 Shadowfax, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
    It's hard what to make of it. My best interpretation is he seems to love the car more than Pista because its really soft with a lot of low end torque yet still flies when he gets on the gas. He feels he can use the full power of the engine more in F8 than Pista as it feels too fast and aggressive for him. He feels F8 power is very smooth and the interior is a mix of 812 and 430. The diesel truck sound could be that he feels the engine is so torquey it needs barely any revs for most driving....but can't be sure there. The rest is all dutch to me.....not really sure what he is trying to explain but the F8 seems to suit his needs better than the Pista as it's much softer and less aggressive. My impressions were also much the same and felt the F8 was Ferrari's attempt at a Bentley S in an exotic body. It's the kind of Ferrari you can take your wife or granny to the opera in and know they won't complain but if you give it some gas it still goes like stink.

11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Your translation of the OP comments is quite amusing. You interpretion is a replica of your sentiments about the F8. While I admit his remarks, are at times difficult to decipher, eg- " the engine has a sound more like a diesel truck" which to me is hardly a positive attribute,, yet for him it is. He prefers the handling of the F8 over the Pista, remarking the F8 feels lighter. That sounds like a good thing. He also seems to claim that the F8 is too fast for the street. My verdict is that like Mikey from the cereal commercials decades ago, he likes it.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Translation is up in the air on this one. You both got more than me out of it.

DefunctNeurons and Jo Sta7 like this.
  13. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I have no idea what you are saying in this review. Did the torque from the F8 slam your head into the seat and give you a concussion?

DefunctNeurons and Jo Sta7 like this.
  14. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Hopefully, he will post that up as he has both cars.

15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I got out my Google translator and it seems he likes the F8 more than the Pista due to its sophistication and cleaner power. Perhaps that is due to the GPF.

ScottS, Ash Patel, pdxjim488 and 2 others like this.
  16. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    The sound is like no other Ferrari as each model is, when I first heard the sound at idle it some what reminded me of a diesel engine like you hear those new pick up truck with a 6 inch exhaust pipe or bigger, it has a very deep and throaty sound but, then you raise the RPM up and it start getting Ferrari's touch to the sound, as you increase your rpm and speed the unique F8 sound comes alive .

However the way other model have a rpm range and ther sound opens up did come on which happens in all the other models is, there isn't a certain speed or RPM that opens something and it makes the car sound louder, it just has same sound but louder as your RPM increases thru power band.

Once again it's not like any other Ferrari I have a 812, Pista, 430 Scud, and the F8 and each one is different sounding, maybe the biggest difference is there is no RPM range that opens anything to make the exhaust louder, it just get there as you add RPM.

The sound is 100 % Ferrari and you will know if on passes by you.

Drson, paulchua and IloveGT like this.
  17. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Tough audience!
    Enjoy your F8 and thank you for your write up.

Lukeylikey, RKZ841, ScottS and 7 others like this.
  18. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    GREAT CAR WELL DONE LOVE IT

HEADS UP FOR Ferrari ANOTHER GREAT CAR.

up4speed and IloveGT like this.
  19. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    where did i loose you?

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    No doubt now. He loves it.

Boomhauer and up4speed like this.
  21. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    F458Italia,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with your lovely new F8. I enjoyed your observations and found them to be thought provoking. It brought a smile to my face to hear about your hesitancy to floor the throttle in the Pista...I feel the same way. :) I hope you enjoy the heck out of your car and romp around in the best of health and safety. One thing for sure, you will probably never grow tired of looking at the fantastic styling of the F8; in my humble opinion, its one of the great ones. Driving these cars can be so addictive! I've got 2000 miles on my Pista and I've only had it for a few months. Every mile has been inspiring.

seareveler, jnunberg, jim g and 4 others like this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Beautiful car! Love the post. Keep on posting your experiences!

I think some of the questions has to do with the formatting of your post, that said - I personally appreciate and enjoyed your review and hope to hear more.

23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Enjoy the car! Congrats.

paulchua likes this.
  24. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Congrats on the F8.

LVP488 and paulchua like this.
  25. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I like the engrish even more than the review. Keep it coming Michelle :)

DefunctNeurons likes this.