Testarossa Price Trends | Page 185 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    so you put it ( installed or only as a spare part ) in?

Shamile likes this.
  2. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Extrapolating by what Art Berman says about US oil and the economy, there will be a crushing reckoning of "collectible car" prices in the next 6-12 months... In the meantime, lots of money to be made on cheap oil stock.

3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The first year Diablo on BaT did $150k. Aside from bubble market cars falling (specifically porsches), I haven't seen much downward movement in the car market yet.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    And that car was far from perfect......

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Heard that as well. How much to get it to perfect?

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Really depends on your goals....it's driveable right now which is good enough for some, it will never be a museum piece untouched by human hands. If it were my car, I would see putting up to $20k in year 1, based on what my mechanic finds upon a thorough inspection then see what you have after owning it a while.

That's pretty well in-line with how I am going about making my newly acquired Ford GT better. Just put $7,500 in it mechanically, and bought $8,500 in carbon fiber interior pieces, just for fun and my CF obsession. Will probably put another $2,500 or so into it later this year......then hang with it and see what I want to do in year 2.

7. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Oil stocks haven't hit their March lows. We'll retest those soon as the "suckers rally" gives way to economic realities.

Oil is a favorite but when we go into "L" is when I go back in.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stardoc and vincenzo like this.
  8. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    5859 likes this.
  9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    sorry shamile, but under "put it in" I understand to put only the cylinder in as a spare part, not to install it

Shamile likes this.
  10. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    lol....I was only joking with you. :)

Yes, I had promised the new owner I would install the new master cylinder, new 7/12 coil & module and do a concours prep.

I got it all done and car was picked up yesterday morning.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    and now you have tears in your eyes because you miss her? ;)

Shamile likes this.
  12. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I won't lie, it was a bittersweet moment. After owning the car for 16 years and putting just shy of 75, 000 miles on it, I was just used to seeing it and having it around.

I had just come to the conclusion that while I love the car, i don't want multiple exotics anymore...just one at a time. It was just time to try something else.

I will still say, it's a great car, super reliable and....drum roll please.....you can work on it yourself! lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

sherrillt and turbo-joe like this.
  13. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P

Shamile and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  14. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    I totally get it dude.
    I had my TR a tiny fraction of the time that you did but it was a bit sad to watch it go on the truck to be hauled away to it's new owner.
    But, like you also, it was the right move. Owning too many sports cars (I'm down to 3 now) gets to be a bit stressful.
    And, UNLIKE you, I don't know how to work on them mechanically. So any time something goes wrong it is frustrating.

15. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    OK....I've been drinking tonight so my posting isn't going very well obviously :)

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

17. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    105 miles??

Gawd....what a waste of ownership!

....just don't start it or it will be a waste of maintenance money to fix all the leaks lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

18. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    when there is some leaking you know there is still some fluid inside :)

Natkingcolebasket69 and Shamile like this.
  19. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Nothing specifically on you, but in general I hear this so often from fellow enthusiasts (can’t work on cars) and I just ask why? It really comes down to time, tools, and reading/watching. After I gave a tutorial on swapping rotors and pads to a fellow enthusiast, he said he never knew it was so easy. Paying someone $400+ or more to change fluids or simple things like brake jobs just shouldn’t be the case for the majority of owners especially when they can assemble a bike or IKEA furniture. Most car maintenance tasks are as simple if you just read or in the case of now common modern instruction “watch a YouTube video” and don’t mind getting a little dirty.

I’m by no means advocating a novice to consider to even attempt an engine out, but most common maintenance (fluids, wiper blades, brakes, light bulbs, shocks, filters, component swaps, etc) and things that fall under basic repair category only require screwdrivers, a sockets set, and wrenches and if these tools and how to use them are a mystery (which for my neighbor they are) - sadly not much can be done in life.

20. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    As someone that likes to work on mechanical things to relax, I agree. But, that's not the case for everyone.

Just because one enjoys the artistic beauty of a Ferrari doesn't mean everyone wants to work on them or deal with them. For some, the fun is just driving the car for that round of golf.
    For me that has a house on a golf course, I love the beauty of the course around me but don't see any enjoyment in the game.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

21. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Yes totally agree - it was not a comment on enjoyment of working on cars, but rather a persons capability. There should be little a person “cannot do”, but understandably plenty they “prefer not” doing. I shake my head when I see repair invoices with only R/R for light bulbs or battery. I say to myself “the guy really couldn’t do that” and would rather waste time taking the car in and pay a labor hour for some to perform a simple 5-20min task and a diagnostic charge in some cases.

I your like your comment on golf course living. I lived on one in Hawaii for years and didn’t play or care to learn to play golf just like the aesthetics of the community and also rarely went to the beach (only 1-2 times a year - hated getting sand everywhere).

turbo-joe and Shamile like this.
  22. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #4622 Shamile, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Guilty about the beach as well lol. I live in Florida and close to all the Tampa bay beaches. I've been once or twice in 25 years...unless it's for a concours.....just not my thing. I do like when people post sunsets from the beach on my fb. Always makes me realize why I love living in Florida.

I just prefer the exotic car scene here. Gatherings, cars & coffees and concours events, now we're talking.
    ....oh, and EDM clubs...how can I forget that!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

23. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    So what’s next, Shamile? What’s the car strategy and where’s it going to take you?

Shamile likes this.
  24. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Like I've been saying like a broken record....Aventador Roadster.lol

I've always said that to me, affording the car is buying it...not financing it. I can now afford the car but since we're at the beginning of a downwards economic spiral, I'm going to wait for even better pricing to come to me.
    Like I've posted here many times, it's the newer stuff with fancy financing and large production numbers (8000 Aventadors) that will take the hit....not the owned outright classics.

In the mean time, because of covid 19, I won't be doing any shows until January. So, I've decided to take a tour of all the cars I liked that I skipped over.....maybe do 6 months each in the Porsches and up to a year in the Ferraris.

Porsche boxster
    Porsche 911 cabriolet ( mid 2000's)
    Ferrari 360 spyder
    Ferrari 430 spyder
    Ferrari 458 spyder
    Aventador Roadster

If the Aventador really sucks with the paddle, I'll go back down to a Murcielago LP640 Roadster and stick shift it.

....that's the plan lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Jay R and turbo-joe like this.
  25. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    The best reference I can find is the 980 mile one (forgot if it was a 1989 or 1990) that sold at Barret Jackson Scottsdale earlier this year for $200k, I bet this car brings $300k+ because it is prob the lowest mile one left on an MSO.