Help purchasing used California 2012 | FerrariChat

Help purchasing used California 2012

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by allen K, May 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allen K

allen K Rookie

Mar 4, 2020
    I am considering the purchase od a California Ferrari 2012 with 5,400 miles from a Ferrari dealer. It is not certified. What should I be asking about. Would appreciate any help as I have never done this before. The dealer does have a couple of newer cars that are listed as certified.

2. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    Ask for a New Power warranty, a one year that covers most of the expensive stuff, included in the price. Retail price Of the warranty was $4500, I got it for $3000.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Good advice. I would ask to know about the service records of the car in question...T

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  4. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Right now Ferrari is offering 2 years Power Warranty for the price of 1.

I was offered a 2-yr on a 2012 Cali for $5,400 today at Scottsdale Ferrari.

5. Mohamed Haider

Mar 21, 2020
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Mohamed Haider
    My dealer gave a 1 year power warranty with the car. I bought another year for $2000.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. allen K

allen K Rookie

Mar 4, 2020
    The asking price from the dealer is $114,000, and it is not certified. How can I determine a proper price. I will also ask for power train warranty. Also since I am not experienced with purchasing a Ferrari can any one give me an estimate of the annual insurance costs.
    Sorry for my inexperience but I have always purchased new cars.

7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    1. Leather condition, dash panels, and rear rollbar covers
    2. Interior sticky trim, has it been replaced yet, if not, what is the current condition
    3. Service History: Since it is a 2012 , it had 7 years of free service, confirm they were completed and what has been completed in the last year or 2

The Ferrari is worth what you are willing to pay for the experience. One example may be worth $150k to one guy and $90k to another.. ask your self is this example worth $114k to YOU?
    There are all sorts of online tools to help you , but beware, its difficult to compare apples to apples, as every Ferrari is unique, and may be outfitted differently than the next one.

Ask for Main Power Warranty. Its the same as New Power Warranty PLUS it covers NEXT years service.

It will have to pass a long inspection check list to be eligible, but worth it if they can do it!

Good Luck, and welcome to the family in advance!

Steve

8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    9 '12s on cars.com in the 100 - 115 K range.
    So, yours is at the high end, expected from an authorized dealer, but not crazy outside the norms.

We bundle home, auto and umbrella, and the Ferrari chunk of the insurance is $1500 per annum IIRC. I'll check later and post if that's way off.

T