Employment with Ferrari | FerrariChat

Employment with Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Buckets, Apr 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buckets

Buckets Karting

Sep 9, 2019
    Seattle, United States
    Full Name:
    Nick Papagiorgio
  2. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    From what I read over the years it's like any other job. Not surprisingly, unless you're a top guy, don't expect any perks. It's not like they have employee day where everyone takes out an 812 around the track. You're at a desk with a computer like everyone else.

Buckets and anunakki like this.
  3. Buckets

Buckets Karting

Sep 9, 2019
    Seattle, United States
    Full Name:
    Nick Papagiorgio
    I'm good with that! I was hoping for a demo car once in a while, but it's ok if not. :)

4. Jimincov

Jimincov Karting

Jun 9, 2012
    Milton Keynes uk
    Full Name:
    James Woolley
    I know afew on the F1 side... they like it there for the most part and sign up to do 3 year contracts. they have the maranello village campus that new employees can stay at whilst accomodation is organised. alot of the F1 guys are brits and english is spoken widely although if you speak italian it helps obviously. I love italy and its a great place to live for stunning culture and great lifestyle (cycling - ski ing museums etc) but its a traditional country so expect some things to be closed on sundays and some of the utility stuff can take some sorting out... as you see jobs are regularly added to the website. difficult time to do it now but hopefully wont be long until we all get going again. fancy it myself too but only freelance for 6 months as Ive got commitments in the uk...

Boomhauer, Flavio_C and Buckets like this.
  5. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    From what I have been told by ex factory workers, like Andy Falbo, the reward for working with the company truly comes in the experiences and prestige of working with the brand. The pay may be lower than you would expect plus need to factor in the high income taxes in the country.

SAFE4NOW and Buckets like this.
  6. Buckets

Buckets Karting

Sep 9, 2019
    Seattle, United States
    Full Name:
    Nick Papagiorgio
    Good things to consider, thanks.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I remember a number of years ago Ferrari was voted one of the best places to work in Europe.

Having toured the factory several times, everybody I encountered looked like they were happy. But then maybe they had some vino at lunch! :D

Buckets likes this.
  8. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Maranello would be a great place to live. I love that little town!

Buckets and SAFE4NOW like this.
  9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

As long as you’re doing it for the experience and not the money, it would be a phenomenal job to have!!

i’ve been told labor laws are a little different in Italy as well as compared to the United States.. something to consider.

I would love to spend some time working at the factory, six months or maybe a year ...internship of sorts!

if you pursue it and/or get excepted please keep this thread updated it would be very interesting to hear your personal experiences

Steve

Buckets and Nospinzone like this.