Problems with F1 Pump System 360 Modena | FerrariChat

Problems with F1 Pump System 360 Modena

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by chip360, May 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chip360

chip360 Rookie

Aug 5, 2011
    HI

I have a 360 F1 Modena (y.o.m. 2000)

I have had an issue with the F1 system. It started with the F1 light coming on and the car juddering at times from standing start only, at all times the F1 light remained on.

The F1 pump also cycled on for 4 secs off for 15 secs with the engine off but the ignition switch to on.

With the ignition switch to off and the driver’s door opened from the outside the pump does not run at all.

I performed the following actions in sequence:

· Replaced F1 pump relay-

· Replaced F1 Pump/Accumulator

· Bled F1 Pump system under power

Problem persisted at all stages+ F1 light still on, however car drove ok, gear changes all good no more juddering from standing start.

I then performed the following actions:

· Re bled F1 Pump

· Disconnected theF1 pressure switch from F1 pump module – pump still cycling as above with ignition switched on.

· Reconnected F1 Pressure switch.

· Disconnected F1 Pump main power plug – with ignition switched on (engine not running) F1 Relay was cycling every 15 secs as above.

· Slaved a TCU module in and with ignition switched on relay still cycling as above.

· Reconnected the F1 Pump main power plug and with ignition switched on pump cycling as above.

· Reconnected the original TCU Module

· All as above. Problem persists.

· Car drives ok all gear changes ok no judder.

In all cases the F1 Light remained on with the ignition switch on. At no time does the pump run with the drivers door opened from the outside with no key in the ignition?

Any ideas?

Rgds

Tony

2. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    You need to get a scan tool compatible with Ferrari and find out what the F1 error code is.

flash32 likes this.
  3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    +1

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk