Testarossa Price Trends | Page 188 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Isn’t he the Alex Jones of finance???
    I don’t like conspiracy theorists but I am with you that the market is going to collapse BIG TIME

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4340363-this-is-one-dangerous-rally?utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&mail_subject=must-read-this-is-one-dangerous-rally&utm_campaign=nl-must-read&utm_content=link-0

And this one coming from a self proclaimed “bullish”guy

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4342645-4-reasons-why-market-will-dive-again?utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&mail_subject=must-read-realty-income-monthly-pay-dividend-aristocrat-with-a-fat-yield&utm_campaign=nl-must-read&utm_content=link-7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey wait, I'm in SLC too! Do you know the first name of the seller in the ad you quoted? Was it Ed? He was one of a handful of TR owners around here (myself included) Interesting story on Ed's TR, if that's what it is.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

3. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Still trying to figure it out but congrats to the seller if it's a real deal. So strong for these times.

4. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Alex Jones? Yikes, I wouldn't say that on the economic side at all lol
    Their collection of authors are just more on the bearish side and I feel a little more realistic.

Thanks for the link. I'll add the "Seeking Alpha" website to my reading list.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well there is a whole thread about it; would appear the main bidder backed out, Came on fchat to fund the 2nd highest bidder and cut him
    A deal for 80k through his friend... very bizarre !

6. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

7. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    This just appeared on my YouTube feed

Shamile and blkdiablo33 like this.
  8. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    Shamile likes this.
  9. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Bradwilliams likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

ChipG likes this.
  11. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#4687 Bradwilliams, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
    They're all getting dumped now, I see tons of 355s hitting the market too. Those were all yanked off the market and put into hiding along with the 550 to drive prices up back in 2014. 6 speed 360s are getting dumped on BAT left and right too. Oooooh sooooo rare! Hahahahah! Think there have been 3 of them for sale on there within a 1 week period! The rumor that circulates the internet is that only about 20 percent of those are stick. However, I'm pretty sure that number is closer to 30 percent or higher given how many you see for sale at any given time. The threads being started by the amateur speculators were funny, "the goal is to make the most amount of money as quickly as possible, in and out" That was my favorite.

The high bidder on that auction "galileo" was on the forum buying everything in sight back in 2014, I remember him. He was in it for the buck, nothing else.

13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    love to have a 355 gtb or gts manual no story car for an amazing price there not out there at this time,i think the very clean tr are gonna be hard to find soon too

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Top gear import has one for 85k

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  15. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

How so? They made over 7000 of them and many of them were speculated on during the bubble of 89. Those 1989 garage queens all hit the market in 2015 to finally break even. That's how long it took. The new class of dupes all stepped forward to claim them for eye popping prices. Tons of clean ones out there.355 are a dime a dozen as well. both will be bargains over the next 6-24 months.

16. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    Shamile...”don’t fight the Fed!“

Shamile likes this.
  17. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

They might have various listing fees? Product offering? I’m not sure

19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I have not found any low miles gtb or gts for a killer deal

20. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Wait until fall/winter. Better yet January. They'll be giving them away. Garage queens included

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  21. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congratulations!
    The car is beautiful!
    You’re going to love driving it even more than all the people on the road love seeing it.
    I recently sold my 512TR to try a couple other cars. What I can tell you is I really miss the TR. it’s only been a couple months. I’m watching because I’m already considering getting another. I may also try a Lamborghini which I’ve never owned but had about 10 Ferraris. I just think the TR is so good wanted to say congrats. On market you paid a fair price for a great car. The market is already down from 15.
    So it’s a safe position you are in. Just watched a 5000 mile G63 auction that went for over sticker that I was considering. Some person on here always preaching the sky is falling. Doom and gloom keeps getting debunked.
    I didn’t see any buy recommendations here when market was at 18,000. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Listen to his comment at 6:15 in regards to the Countach comparison...” lacks the Ferrari’s resale potential” I had to laugh...who would have thought the price delta that now exists between the two back then.

Shamile likes this.
  23. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I guess well just never have a recession again huh? All of those past ones were flukes. "This time is different"

Enjoy the dead cat bounce. It doesn't last long

Shamile likes this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed with u;) and u sold it a lot more than what brad has been seeing so market isn’t that bad;)

vonbeeler and ScottS like this.
  25. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Can't believe this thread is still going on from 2010. LOL

Freud would have had a field day with this: "Und so vhy do you feeeel so insecure about your Testarossa, is it because of......... (insert your imagination here).

I fully enjoy my TR (I want to be like Shamille - "freeze" - and drive the car for 16+ years and over 70,000 miles - LOL) and am working to make it the most complete example there is. Many of the items missing (such as tool kit, emergency light, etc.), I have or am working to replace and have also added in a black 6-piece Schedoni luggage set. I'll never sell the TR and given the threat of COVID-19 and the risk of care homes, well, again, let your imagination do some work as to my future with the TR. LOL. I also have a deep personal bond to the Ferrari company.

Having said that, the real threat comes from people outside of our realm and dare I say it, age group.

Just priced out a 2020 C8 LT1 Corvette with Z51 package. From GM Canada, approx. $76,000 CDN.

If the pricing holds, I will buy. Not to sell the TR, that is a given.

But for perspective, we all understand the visceral feel, but yet, there are some aggravations of having a TR. That is the car. But, open road, 12 cylinders, through the gears, it's like the sky opens, the sun shines, the angels sing and you forgive everything. Such is the magic of a Ferrari. Who knows what the Corvette holds, but an anticipated engine out at 100,000 miles......and the pricing and performance!!

That is still and always will be the challenge, regardless of the economy, the TR is 30 + years old. The production numbers are relatively high (but yet, compare with with the 308/328 series and they are low). The technology is not familiar with many technicians or drivers. As I said in an earlier post, you have to want it and to add, you have to understand the car.

Anyway, we are continually beating a dead horse. Prices are pretty much flat.

Parnelli and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.