New 328 GTS owner | FerrariChat

New 328 GTS owner

Discussion in '308/328' started by albert_k, Dec 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. albert_k

albert_k Rookie

Nov 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Albert Khasky
    That’s it..she’s mine...my first Ferrari...a pretty 89 Bianco 328 GTS with a tan/black interior. She was purchased right after a snowstorm and right before the weather is about to hit sub-zero. not ideal conditions. That being said, she’s home and safe in the garage. i’ll say this..driving down the seller’s snowy driveway was certainly an adventure...she so low slung! i’m not used to seeing UNDER cars while driving down the freeway!
    I forgot somewhere along the way that cars should have “souls”..i wish i hadn’t, and i’m not sure how i did. This car has a soul...
    i remember my first car. a Triumph Spitfire with a bad clutch and a dodgy tranny...my buddies and i rope dragged that thing home behind a pickup snapping the rope a couple times while we utterly failed to coordinate the breaking of the two cars. i spent half my sophomore year in high school fixing that car while my dad “supervised”...it was a blast! i loved that car, but let’s face it..it was a triumph. it always had some issue or another and i learned a lot about car repair and cursing and the penalty for sitting in the seat with a screwdriver in my back pocket. however, i made out with a girl for the first time in it..and got caught..got my first ticket in it too..good memories.
    it had personality..and quirks. this 328 seems no different. i feel like i’m in high school again! i’ve had nice cars along the way..but they just seem like tools i used. even the BoxsterS i factory ordered the first year they came out did very little to bring back that giddy, excited, dare to push the envelope feeling. i sold it. then had a family..then almost 2 decades flew by...I’ve got some catching up to do!
    Thank you all, in advance, for the forthcoming barrage of questions, concerns, contemplations, and random thoughts i’ll likely post...
    as to the 328..she needs a little TLC.
    she’s got a lovely body with very nice paint! new Pilots too. she shifts quite nicely..even second. everything seems to work.
    that said, she smells a bit of gas on startup but that seems to mostly dissipate after a bit. her interior is in really nice shape but filthy and the leather is begging for some conditioning. Cam belts, water pump, clutch, and various other things were taken care of last year or so. there’s tons of records...
    i’ll spend the next few weeks assessing everything to greater detail and start getting her ready for spring...which, in MN, is June. looking forward to the adventure and glad to be here.

cheers
    albert

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Joel78, mmyhorses, ggbh8 and 12 others like this.
  2. Dino L

Dino L Rookie

Oct 29, 2018
    sacramento, ca
    Full Name:
    William D Lozano
  3. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    Very nice this Car will not give you any problems under one condition DRIVE IT,I got 80K on mine and no problems at all,normal
    maintenance every year and you good,enjoy

4. JPMD

JPMD Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    FL
    Full Name:
    John
    Congrats!
    Looks awesome.
    Enjoy in good health and Happy Holidays.

5. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Congrats!

One thing that is sometimes overlooked - check the coolant, and especially the brake fluid. Drain and replace if it's over 2-3 yrs old or looks sketchy.

6. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Love your write-up. Glad you found the magic. I did too with mine.

Congratulations and best wishes.

Enjoy!!!

7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Congrats and enjoy in good health! Thats a rare color I haven't seen any other white 328's only 308's.

8. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Congrats, enjoy it, love the white !

9. vinny72758

vinny72758 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2011
    Rogers, AR
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Beautiful!!!

10. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Very nice! Welcome to the "brotherhood!"

11. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Keep in the back of your mind, This is just a car. Like your Spitfire but with expensive parts. And yes they do have a soul. Friend of mine who was CEO of SAAB N.A. said that when driving an Acura NSX, it was very fast and handled perfectly but it had no soul. Welcome to the family, drive it! Looks great!

12. JohnnyTS

JohnnyTS Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2012
    Pretoria East, RSA
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks like you did very well, congrats!, I like Bianco white too, seen a few 308 lately in that color, very very cool !

Enjoy the car and take good care !

cheers

13. albert_k

albert_k Rookie

Nov 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Albert Khasky
    thanks to all for the well wishes! it’s nice to know at 47, i can still sit in this amazing car in the garage and dream of summer!
    cheers!
    albert

14. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Drive it now! The A/C sucks in these things!! ;-)

15. rocket50

rocket50 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2004
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Congratulations! If the pavement is dry, I will drive mine. Enjoy. Only 6 months into ownership and loving my 328.

16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Congratulations. Looks like a nice clean car. Please feel free to reach out with any questions. Enjoy.

17. Amalfitano

Amalfitano Rookie

May 4, 2020
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fausto Tersigni
    Congratulations! I just bought my first Ferrari TODAY ;-) i cried for an hour. an 11,000 mile 1986 328 GTS...took a long time but she's coming home soon. i will upload pictures in a few days.

Saabguy, bertrand328, JLF and 4 others like this.
  18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Enjoy

19. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Congrats. This is the second "new" 328 owners this Week here !

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  20. Amalfitano

Amalfitano Rookie

May 4, 2020
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fausto Tersigni
    She is at the Dealer getting the PPI and they called to tell it's a really REALLY nice car and commented how the interior looks restored it's so clean. One more day and i can put my new AC installed in my garage to use. can't let my 328 sit in the south florida heat.

21. mmyhorses

mmyhorses Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Coral Gables, FL - USA
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    Got mine just a couple of weeks ago, so make that three happy new owners.

Rossocorsa1 and bertrand328 like this.
  22. mmyhorses

mmyhorses Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Coral Gables, FL - USA
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    Hey Fausto. I'm in the Gables and loving my 89' 328GTS. LMK when you are ready for a drive, if you're nearby.

23. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Welcome.
    Waiting pictures of all yours 328

24. mmyhorses

mmyhorses Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Coral Gables, FL - USA
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    Joel78 and bertrand328 like this.
  25. Amalfitano

Amalfitano Rookie

May 4, 2020
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fausto Tersigni
    I love the Gables. I actually just told a my cousins son who is doing an internship at Sylvester to look in the gables for a place to live. I hope to get my car tomorrow , the PPI should be done by then. hope we can take a ride one of these days.

mmyhorses likes this.