360/F430 owners in Atlanta | FerrariChat

360/F430 owners in Atlanta

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by SpencerMarks, May 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Hey guys,

Long time F-chat user, first time posting. I hope this is the appropriate area for this thread. I’ve been monitoring the current market for 360s and F430s and I am slowly coming into a position to afford one. I’ve narrowed my search down to these 2 models. My primary problem is that I haven’t driven a 360, and only once drove in a F430.
    Would any Atlanta area enthusiasts have time to meet up and discuss what they love/dislike about their car? Not asking for a test drive as much as talking to real driver and enthusiast about the quirks and experiences of their car.

I understand with the current climate this may be limited but any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Happy to help, I have had my 2002 360 Modena for 12 years. A bunch of us are meeting off exit 13 on GA 400 at 8pm tonight (5/6), take a drive and meet us (across the The Collection at Forsyth).

3. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I've owned a 360 and two F430's! Loved them all...great Ferrari experience with both models! I think FoA has a 360 Spider and two F430's on the floor.

Lanikai likes this.
  4. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Just left the showroom floor. Wow. It’s a nice car. Thanks for the heads up!

Mighty Joe and andy308 like this.
  5. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Man that would be great, I am in the Woodstock area and can make the drive, could you shoot me a DM and I can’t get your contact info if that’s possible?

6. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    DM sent.

7. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    I have owned my manual stick, 360 Spider for about 4 years now.
    Keep thinking I will move to a 458 or other....but can’t bring myself to do it.
    Great fun to drive, minimal issues, bottom of the depreciation curve. Hard to beat.
    I recommend a stick in a 360. Either stick or F1 in a 430 will work.

Be leery taking a ride with Andy.
    He’s a little sketch!
    ;)

andy308 likes this.
  8. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Haha I’m leaning a little more towards the F430. Seems pretty reliable and maybe a little more “durable” compared to a 360. That and the timing belt service required on the 360.

9. kidryno

kidryno Karting

Dec 22, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    I live right in that area... got room for one more? Send me details!

10. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Exit 13 off GA 400 at the Starbucks across from the Collection at 8pm on 5/6. That's what I was told from a friend today.

11. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    If you go tonight you should get all the info you need.
    I live a mile south of Woodstock in Marietta and have an f430. I liked the styling and perfomance over the 360 myself.
    I'd go tonight but it's cold and windy.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Hey, Andy, was this meeting for 360 and 430 owners only? If not, your "bunch" needs to let the rest of us locals know when you plan events like this!

DL4567 and ATLdoghouse like this.
  13. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    I have put about 9k miles on my manual F430 (16k to 25k). The only problem I've had so far has been one of the exhaust tips breaking and having to have that removed and re-welded.

Styling is subjective but the back end styling on the F430 is my personal favorite for a Ferrari. Same for the engine presentation. It seems like they could have been a little more imaginative with the front end styling though.

The gear ratios are close so you get to shift a lot in the manuals making it a very engaging drive, along with the metallic tactile and aural feedback from the gated shifter. I consider the gated manual F430 to be the last great Ferrari driver's car. All automatics after that.