Wanted - F430 Spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wanted F430 Spider

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by brs5280, Feb 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brs5280

brs5280 Rookie

Feb 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    B RS
    I do like the look of the CC brakes and I'm sure they perform well, though I just read a post here talking about a crumbling coating on the pistons that could cause the entire system to need replacing. That wouldn't be fun. But, because I'm not going to track the car, I probably don't need them. Also, I'd like to buy a car that hasn't been tracked. Impossible to know since the vast majority of the cars on the market are multi-owner but I figured that if I get a car without the CC brakes it is less likely to have been used that way. Not a sure indicator by any stretch, but all I can think of.

2. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    There is probably zero correlation between cars with ccb’s and track use. The majority of pre 08 cars were not specified with CCB’s and if someone purchased a car intending to track it in all likelihood they would know that steel brakes are the way to go. CCB’s will generally last a lifetime on the street but not very long on the track which is why the 911 GT community where steel is an option seem to prefer them. I even think the 430 challenge cars run steel brakes. The benefits of CCB’s on the street is a big drop in unsprung weight at the wheels(30-40lbs), long lifespan, no fade, no brake dust, look great. If you’re not tracking the car they’re fantastic and I think enhance the performance of the car.

3. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes. and there are some vids on youtube of the dramatic difference in braking distance vs steel brakes! I have CCB on my 488 and they are ridiculously good brakes...same as on the LaFerrari....and they look like awesome!!

JRE likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ok, so my 07 is a September car so it sounds like it has all the 08+ goodies.
    i dont have my 06 at my house but it will be here soon. without driving the cars back to back there is no discernible difference in shifting speeds from seat of the pants. once the 06 gets back i will drive them back to back.

JRE likes this.
  5. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Any interest in a red/tan '08 Spider with 11k miles?
    Beautiful all stock car.

curvesurfer and JRE like this.
  6. JRE

JRE Karting

Mar 1, 2020
    So Far Away From Home Lost In Hollywood
    Full Name:
    James

Who wouldn't be?

Details?

7. Pedrota

Pedrota Rookie

Feb 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Badr tassi
    Yes details please

JRE likes this.
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    What was the sticker price on it?

Sent from my iPhone using MotorInteractive

9. JRE

JRE Karting

Mar 1, 2020
    So Far Away From Home Lost In Hollywood
    Full Name:
    James

Better yet, what's the current asking price...;)

10. Revv

Revv Rookie

Mar 26, 2020
    I have the CC brakes on my 08 spider. Fantastic stopping power but squeal at times and that can be annoying.

Mighty Joe likes this.