360 - 360 eligible for Classiche cert yet? | FerrariChat

360 360 eligible for Classiche cert yet?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Robb, May 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    If so, what is the price?

Anyone done one yet? Anyone planning to take theirs through the process?

Thanks

Robb

2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I never understood the point. The day after the certification is finished it’s no longer trustworthy. You could do anything to the car and you still have the certification. I see guys trying to sell their cars with a Classiche from 2011 and I’m like “what’s happened to the car since 2011”?

Apollo 11, ross and Jaguar36 like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i get it for like an f40. but for a 360 the classiche is like 5 to 10% of the cost of the car. that makes no sense.

4. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    It may matter for some. But when I bought my car, I was more interested in the condition it was in when and where I was going to look at it. For Ferrari, unless it's virtually an unused car, like others above here said, I don't see the point ---other than bragging rights.

For a 360? I don't see it. Ferrari simply made too many of them and IMO most buyers would go through their own vetting process anyway.

ross likes this.
  5. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    To me it's just showing a car is matching how it left the factory and an additional keepsake for the car. The information and photographs can be easily verified by a cross check from the book to the car after it's completed. I had a Porsche certificate for my older 911 at one point...

It gets you +5 points for a concours so if you want to keep the exhaust non-standard then you can still earn platinum on the grass.

So it can be viewed as a non-essential exercise but just like luggage or an owners manual pack - nice to have with the car. The concours could also be fun, but yes non-essential.

All that being said, my original questions still need an answer as to if the model is eligible for it yet and cost.

Thanks.

Robb

rampante550 likes this.
  6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    IMHO on a 10/10, 560 mile, perfect in every way with no rock chip collector quality car.. do it. might have ROI. For a usual car with miles and use.. not worth it. Nobody will pay extra for it IMHO. I want to say back in the day it was $5k?

7. wbt

wbt Karting

Nov 28, 2014
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Classiche is a very good revenue generator for Ferrari and it's dealer chain. Doesn't mean much to a 360 buyer currently but maybe worth pursuing in 30 years time.

8. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Might be worth it on a < 3k mile CS. But I agree with the others, a good documented service history car would fetch a better price than a no service history classiche car. jmo

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    What is current price for it on a 360? $6,500?