Price check: WHEELS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Price check: WHEELS

Discussion in '308/328' started by absostone, May 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Those wheels on BAT were not well “restored” so just buy silver and clear rattle cans, give them a “restoration” and put them on BAT :)

absostone likes this.
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I don't really want to get into messing with them. The original decals or what ever are still on the wheels too

3. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    Even a set of TRX wheels can bring ok money. I have sold them for at least several hundred $. Cant remember precise amount anymore. Conventional wisdom gets repeated a lot on forums. Much comes down to how long you are willing to wait.

4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Very true. I’m in no hurry. But the 7.5 seem hard to find.

5. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    No harm in putting them on eBay for $2000/offer and see what happens. Even higher if you want. Campy wheels had the crispest castings. No fees until they sell.

Lots of Ferrari parts on eBay at super high prices by frequent/regular sellers. Not my method but common.

Noticed a few sellers with TRX wheels listed as 14” or 15”. Sad to see. They would find buyers if their wheels were listed accurately and they were patient.

absostone likes this.
  6. Du_Man

Du_Man Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I would love to have an original set with my 1980.....I just have the one (spare) that I just painted with the Argento Nurburgring metallic silver along with these 17" wheels that came on the car. Keep me on your list for later down the road!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

absostone likes this.
  7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    wow the two or three piece wheels are baddazz!

8. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I will post better pics soon. But ive been back at work this week

9. Du_Man

Du_Man Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek
  10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I like the flat look in the other pic

11. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    I really like what you've done by painting the "tuner" looking wheel to a nice flat silver like the originals would have been. Very much a period correct upgrade to the otherwise hideous looking chrome. Good Job!!

absostone likes this.
  12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    What I meant

built2grind likes this.
  13. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    Just food for thought, save the time an effort and just buy new wheel bolts in polished stainless or even chrome. It'll save you hours of prep time and the paint won't chip off when you go to tight / torque them down again. And please, do torque them down. Typically between 11 and 15 ft lbs, depending on bolt and wheel specs of course, but you should be safe at 13 ft lbs in a star pattern.

14. Du_Man

Du_Man Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Thanks, B2G for the torque tip as I did not know. I am going to try to handle the already painted bolts carefully.... the chrome bolts are fricken $$$ for 132 of them plus the chrome shininess against the satin silver I am just not digging. I am trying to find extended head lug bolts that will "protrude" the heads and be seen as on the Cromodoras. I think Mercedes has them on one of their 80's car that might work.

Sorry, Absostone, for intruding into your post......I'll be now attentive to the original subject!

absostone likes this.