360 Build your own project? Done before? | FerrariChat

360 Build your own project? Done before?

Discussion in '360/430' started by chris0315, May 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Hey!
    A little background, I was looking for at least 18 months for the perfect Scud but gave up, got a FF to be able to have the family on board and don't want to break the bank for a Scuderia. 360 CS is in the same ball park and has the F1 I dont like so no option for me.

My background is Porsche, I've had many years modern Porsche but also 7 years a vintage one. Since I'm for sure not alone here, I'd like to ask the people that are usually after 964 F-clone and whatever mode about, if they ever adopted that idea over to the Modena.

As long as the 360 is around, this is my starting point for the love of Ferrari. I gave up on building a vintage Porsche Singer style to my needs since this is a.) too much done already and b.) to expensive for what it is.
    Question, has ever somebody done a proper conversion of a 360 towards street racer? Gt3 genes?

my bucket list is:
    1. lightweight
    minimal carpet, bare aluminium
    2. carbon door panels
    3. up to date race seats (I dont like the bucket seats from the CS)
    4. roll bar
    5. stick shift
    6. CS grill in the back, maybe even wing?
    7. appropriate sound

donor car:
    1. black interiour
    2. no major crash
    3. rust free

a donor car these days is probably 50k USD. 30-40k for the transition and a lot of time and fun. Am I too far of?
    Anybody done something like that before? Any advise?
    I'm not necessarly doing this to safe money (ok, if it cost scuderia figures its pointless) but more to create my own version of a Ferrari.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks and cheers,
    CHRiS

one4torque and tifosi101 like this.
  2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    It's been done to some degree or another. I know a guy who took a standard manual car and put OMP race seats hub centric rims, redid the engine lid, etc etc.

It's what he wants, and he loves the car, but he likes to mod his cars and he beats on his cars. In the end, when you have a car that is so.. "you". If you ever decide to sell it, the Ferrari market isn't generous to modded cars.. or rather "personalized" cars.

What car comes closest to what you want to have? A scud? And why a Ferrari? Why not just to the GT3-RS and be done with it?

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
  4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    #4 one4torque, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    This is my plan. There are cs clones. Which are marvelous. But I want to build a pure performance based build w no regard to the revered and expensive cs parts.

more of an outlaw 360 build

I believe this can be done on a budget if function is preferred over rare parts.

look at any hpde e36 build for inspiration.

they remove everything that adds weight then add back in power and safety items

this can be done in a tasteful way.

Plus—. Due to the high value of Ferrari parts — you can recoup project costs by selling unused Daytona Seats unused modules carpets and fancy leather clad interior bits.

Additionally - look at u tuber ratarossa — see his ratarossa testerossa build.

When done—- daily, hpde, weekend corner carver toy! Not for the golf course valet or night club set.

chris0315 likes this.
  5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    There is also a thread on a similar build, not as extreme but headed that way. Go for it, make a race car. Many people here race various cars and don't have a problem with purpose built cars. Be forewarned, do it for fun and don't expect it to be revered as concourse or to get the money back out. Do a thread so we can all watch the progress.

02360spider and one4torque like this.
  6. FR500GT

FR500GT Rookie

Jan 26, 2020
    Orange County, CA
    Subscribed if you move forward with this project!

one4torque likes this.