812 Superfast - Last non Turbo, last non Hybrid V12? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

812 Superfast - Last non Turbo, last non Hybrid V12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Oct 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

The next V12 Ferrari is a ...?

1. The 812 Superfast is the last no Turbo, no Hyprid V12 Ferrari

34.6%
  2. Ferrari will present onother V12 no Turbo, no Hybrid V12 Generation

21.4%
  3. Next V12 Generation will be a Turbo Engine non Hybrid

0.5%
  4. Next Generation will be a V12 Hybrid Engine, non Turbo

40.7%
  5. Next Generation will be a V12 Turbo and Hybrid Engine

2.7%
  1. somebodysb2

somebodysb2 Rookie

Jun 25, 2013
    #51 somebodysb2, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    I took delivery of my DBS Superleggera recently. While a fantastic car, the sound pales in comparison to my sensational 812 with aftermarket inconel exhaust. If Ferrari goes Turbo, I’m done buying their V12 cars and will stick with what I’ve got. However, this doesn’t mean that I’m against all forced induction. Novitec’s 888PS Bi-Kompressor upgrade for the 599 GTO is a great example of how supercharging could bring more theatre to the F140 engine.

2. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I heard recently F aren’t taking any more orders on the 812SF therefore production is likely to end soon they will focus on the GTS. Has anybody heard anything similar?

3. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I can definitely say it is not true . I went to my dealer yesterday to see my new 812 SF and I asked him and he told me it is not true and he showed me a price list he just got from factory .

italiafan, gliazzurri and wrs like this.
  4. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    It could be maybe in some countries. I heard it in the UK. In which country are you based? Could it be that in your country production will be ending soon? Does your dealer know about expected end of production/ taking orders?

5. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I’m based in Milan Italy . Salesman didn’t know anything about a possibility to not accept any order. He knows the request was slowing down even before virus. They are worried on what it will be , not cancellation yet due to virus . I know from inside the factory original plan was to keep 812 SF on production up to 2022 . Style department was starting to study new model beginning of 2020 but all studies has been stopped for 9 months except Purosangue and a not well specified limited version . Anyway I’m convinced they will tune production of 12V (812 SF, 812 GTS, Monza SP1 and SP2 and super lusso ) upon requests . They specify year by year allocations to dealers for each model but it depends also on final allocations to final users

6. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Hi again,
    I'm still interested just given the state of affairs...how exactly did you hear about this? I know there are always these stories of the "I know a guy" type of thing here and on other forums. What is the detail you got about this exactly and what was the chain of information you might know where your source had heard it? It's just a very interesting change, so I'm curious to know.

7. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Hi,
    Right i don’t have the full chain of i formation unfortunately I was told that a few days ago from someone i know well who happens to work in the motor industry and have had an established business here in the UK for over two decades and who happens to have close relationship with one of the largest ferrari dealers in the UK.
    It could be that even though they haven’t yet formally stopped production, they are still adjusting / fine tune according to demand as Gianfranco said above and it could be that they stopped orders in the UK a bit earlier since there has been clearly an oversupply in the UK( number of registered 812 now equal number of F12 after 5 years of production). I will try to get further clarification from another dealer and professionals i know in the motor industry. That being said it was said in another forum that SF would end up soon for F to focus on GTS ( Marcel Massini)

8. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    To answer your question i believe my source would gave heard it from a ferrari dealer though i can’t verify that and will obviously try to know more since i am interested as well.

9. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I can tell you here in the UK there have been lots of cancellations of orders even before covid19 and the virus plus the oversupply of cars in the UK sitting unsold with dealers is not going to encourage tge factory to build more cars sadly

10. gliazzurri

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    OK that's great to know. That sort of change is good to learn about and thanks for letting us know. I'm not doubting you, just so you know. Just always interested in the chain of info on stuff like this. Thank you for continuing to keep us updated with whatever you know.

11. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Sure. Again i’d like to think that’s valid information from the person i heard it from though i can’t 100% verify. I’ll try confirming that with other sources / people that I know

12. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I think it's crazy to keep SF production until 2022. The devaluation will be huge.
    What's going on with the Lusso? It was also said here that their production was terminated.

13. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I agree it will be total madness depreciation is already biting and as i said in the UK there are as many 812SF registered as the number of F12 ( after 5 years). Ferrari must be aware of that. Anyways they wont keep it until 2022 and simply cant cause demand has just evaporated and people have cancelling their orders because of the quick depreciation 2022 i think 0 chance imo

14. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    One thing also is that the last 812SF in production will be fitted with GPF and a few people did not want that because of the way it sounds on top of the depreciation

15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    On the bright side, depreciation or no depreciation, I love my 812 and intend to take it to the grave with me.

stavura, Bundy, Solid State and 5 others like this.
  16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    812GTS with GPF:

Start at 9minute 20second:

And, start this link at 3minute 38second:

Compare to this 812SF without GPF:

17. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Me too however I’d rather it remains a special and desired car instead of being produced well above demand. Exclusivity matters as well so the experience of ownership remains special

Bundy likes this.
  18. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Difference is pretty clear the GTS doesn’t sound anywhere close to my SF. Feels much more muted.

deltona likes this.
  19. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    #69 KarlA69, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Fully agree the GPF sound is less impressive. To me though, the red car sounds terrible (almost like it’s not running properly?!) whereas the grey GTS not too bad. Why? So many factors affect it I guess - setting / how large the room is, quality of microphone etc. Really keen to hear it in person!

Novitec, Capristo etc are pretty good at making cars sound more raw and less muffled... but even so I doubt we’ll get back to 812 SF style brutality :(

20. Maloja

Maloja Karting

Oct 19, 2016
    The Chinese start up video example is nothing short of a catastrophe to my ears - bye bye good old times

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

deltona and Solid State like this.
  21. gliazzurri

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Any idea how many are sitting on dealer lots where you are at and in the US? What is the exact number of unpurchased models at this point? I think as a rule it is going to be more special than a higher production model, no? And it isn't a versione speciale so either way you cut it having an 812SF is exclusive comparably to any regular production V8 too, isn't that right from the build stats? I know there are used for sale, but do you guys know how many new unclaimed models are out there??

22. gliazzurri

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Hi Karl, I DM'd you about your exhaust...just curious about the details of how you picked that out.

23. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    In the UK about 40 812SF for sale, 25 pistas for sale which aren’t selling.
    Exclusivity-wise in the UK there are about 376 registered F12 compared to 378 812SF (after just 2 years) about 300 speciale and about 250 pistas registered so far

24. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    In the area where i live in london, one ferrari dealer has 3 brand new 812SF in their showroom

25. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yeah with the GPF, it's like the F8, it's muted. There is some attenuation of the higher frequency parts of the sound. It's there but with less intensity. The non-gpf sounds much more piercing and sharp. It's also more explosive when revved and at startup. The GPF has a significant dulling effect on the sound. That's too bad.

I liked the sound of my 488 with the Tubi on it but I LOVE the sound of my 812 and I wouldn't want to compromise the sound at this point for a top down version with GPF. As I have already stated elsewhere, I will just drive the Portofino when I want the top down (if the wife will let me) or ride with her. Turns out, for some reason whenever we go out together in her car, she has to drive.

KenU and mepassione like this.