Mondial T 1990 Cab E Brake issues | FerrariChat

Mondial T 1990 Cab E Brake issues

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by DocBasilone, May 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
    My Ebrake after being used is failing to disengage when the lever is moved down there is no resistance at all when it is disengaged After 3-4 attempts it finally releases It will lock appropriately But does not disengeg My question is where is the best place to start to fix this, Do I have to remove the tire or is it something that can be addressed at the level of the handle?

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Disengaging the e-brake: Pull up, push and hold button in and ride it down (while holding the button in throughout).

Or am I misinterpreting your post?

3. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  4. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
    When I push button at top there is no resistance going down and brake remains engaged. If I re pull I feel resistance like the spring is working but nothing when I pull up and hit button. After. 2or 3 times it releases

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    If you're following the precise steps as per the manual and the problem is still there (as you state in post # 4) then it sounds like something is binding somewhere (cable and/or e-brake shoes which are inside the rotor).

Do a search here... lots of good threads on the emergency brake.

In the Repair Manual there are barely two pages for the handbrake (see attached).

Attached Files:

6. masonb

masonb Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    Under the car on the driver's side in front of the rear wheel and about 12-18 inches in from the side of the car there is a spring loaded mechanism that keeps tension on the cable that controls the parking brake. More than likely your spring(s) has broken or come loose.

Good luck with it.

7. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
    Thanks will take a look

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app