Most Comfortable Ferrari? Interior with Ride - Rank them | FerrariChat

Most Comfortable Ferrari? Interior with Ride - Rank them

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Robb, May 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Most Comfortable Ferrari? Interior with Ride

1. FF

17 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 612

17 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. F12

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. 575

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. 550

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. 599

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. California / T / Portofino

15 vote(s)
    17.6%
  8. Other Model... Please mention in comments

17 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Felix had asked a good question in this section about his first Ferrari search and looking for a GT.

What would you vote as most comfortable Ferrari? Like the ability to float on air - like a bmw 7 series kind of comfortable... mile munching forever on the bahn kind of comfortable... get out afterward still refreshed kind of comfortable...

so let’s say comfortable interior (seats, room, ergonomics) and comfortable ride with the ability to still have fun when wanted?

please vote and add your comments. Also, how would you compare “comfort” of these Ferrari’s vs their German / other rivals? I’m not worried about the tech side of massage seats or stereo, or apple car play or controls, etc. let’s keep it to comfortable environment and comfortable vehicle dynamics...

Are your favorite 2-seated Ferrari’s just as comfortable in these categories as the 4-seated models? Do the 4-seated models add more comfort because of their larger size and weight = always the winner in this category?

I haven’t added a 12 yet but it’s on the horizon, so I look forward to the opinions. Please rank them from first place (most comfortable) down...

FF
    F12
    California / T / Portofino
    Other Model... like 456, 412, etc

Robb

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i find my 612 more relaxing than my FF. the FF is stupid fast and the gears come up on you quick. if AWD not a factor id go 612, you can drive a 612 for hours. when i refer to 612 i own an OTO and cant speak towards the earlier cars. fwiw my 612 oto handled better than my friends 599 which had the handling package. i dont know if it was me that day but the car felt floaty and airy. my 456 is comfortable but it doesn't feel as luxurious as the 612. the 612 is the right car.

i had 3 calis, one was a cali t, nowhere near as comfortable as my 612 oto. the 612 is a big car that doesnt drive big, the calis to me were small cars that drove big.

3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    That right there is one of the most spot on feedbacks I’ve read here in a long time.

I have never drove a 612 or an FF. Sat in the former and rode shotgun in the latter. Of the cars I’ve tried, I’m yet to feel more comfortable or relaxed than in an FF. Lusso seemed to me tighter and sportier (which is a good thing, don’t get me wrong), but overall the FF offers a very refined ride, even by today’s standards.

Personally, there are three things that I consider to be decisive regarding comfort: suspension, seat’s lumbar support and body roll. Whatever your choice, I bet the outcome of Robb’s most excellent poll will be the win of a Ferrari GT car. When it comes to comfort, a GT is no match for a sports car, although truth be told, sports cars have become increasingly more versatile over the last 10 to 15 years. You no longer end a long road trip feeling like you’ve just came from 8 rounds against Mike Tyson.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

ttforcefed and Robb like this.
  4. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    330GTC, 365GTC/4, 500 Superfast.

5. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    I am biased as I have a 550, and therefore, I would say the 550. Seats and driving position are made for the long haul without stress. Interior sound level is interesting, yet somewhat subdued, without being muffled, so it is not tiring. And, visibility in all directions, and in particular through the rear quarters, is very good. This makes it easier to keep track of gawkers who camp in your blind spot. Lessens stress and anxiety when changing lanes.

I remember a review of the 550 about the time it was introduced that praised it as a perfect balance of power and elegance, likening its appearance to an Olympic athlete in a Brioni suit. That same review also noted that the 550 appeared to be purpose built to make the 150mph run from Milan to Monaco for the weekend.

LARRYH, Themaven, Robb and 1 other person like this.
  6. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    I have a 612 OTO with HGT2 and a 575.
    I really like them both but the 612 is a far better car.
    The engine aft of the front axels is all the difference in the world in proving neutral handling
    And the longer wheelbase makes the ride smooth.
    I have never experienced a better GT car.
    The 575 is a great car but it’s not in the same league as the 612.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I own both a 612 OTO and a FF. I agree completely!

8. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I voted 'other' my other is my 1986 412

SAFE4NOW, Robb and pilotoCS like this.
  9. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    ..........ah, NOW you're talkin'

hadn't thought about the older cars; if they're included my old 365GTC speciale #10581 is #1
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I agree, except I hate the seats.

Robb likes this.
  11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You know, so few of us have never even ridden, let alone driven, one of these vehicles they're not even on our radar.

However, I don't doubt for a second that they are sublimely driveable!

Robb likes this.
  12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    [​IMG]

I'm tempted to say I'd give my right arm to drive that car, but then without a right arm, I couldn't! :D

Robb and SAFE4NOW like this.
  13. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Id imagine the voting will be skewed by people who havent driven all of them, such as myself.

Out of the Ferraris Ive owned, the Cali is by far the most comfortable.

LARRYH, Robb and SAFE4NOW like this.
  14. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Of the ones I have owned and own.

812, Portofino, Cali T, 488.

Robb likes this.
  15. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    FF
    It’s why there called GT cars grand touring.

Robb and Nospinzone like this.
  16. gxl

gxl Rookie

Jan 15, 2011
    456GT

fridolin_pt likes this.
  17. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    I totally agree: very comfortable but still a sporty drive (and utterly gorgeous engine music :) ).

Robb likes this.
  18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017

Robb likes this.
  19. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    IMO

Lusso GTC4 T :
    Ergonomically , the most comfortable, set in Sport mode, with " bumpy road " button pressed , I cannot say that I have drive a Ferrari that is more comfortable. Yet, when it's time, will deliver the goods ( Literally and figuratively ) all the leg room and head room needed. Seats are comfortable by design and everything is pretty much at your fingertips.
    When its time to get sportier, adjust it to Race and stiffen up the suspension, it will hang with the best of them, and we are talking on the street, so much more usable, and not nearly as big as it looks from the outside. As soon as you are in your zone, you forget everything except that you are behind the wheel of a Ferrari!
    The GTC4 is not much different, but in driving them both back to back and often, there is a difference to be felt. ( No argument that the v12 screams, so it may be worth the mino trade off in comfort )

My opinion is based upon the thousands of miles driven leading numerous Ferrari owners rallies and having my choice of lead vehicles, I gravitate back to the Lusso for the longer drives every time. The Portofino is a second.

Your list in order IMO:

FF ( My lead car of choice starting back in 2012 , until the Lusso came out )
    Portofino/ T / California
    F12
    Other Model... like 456, 412, etc

Good Topic!

Steve

Nospinzone and Robb like this.
  20. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    As long as you're only talking about the two front seats, the Mondial is a comfortable car to drive, even for long distances.

A 365GT is a pretty dreamy car to drive in as well.

Robb likes this.
  21. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    The 60s and 70s were an era of softer riding cars in general so I imagine a few of the 2+2s from that era, as well as Enzo's chauffeur-driven 400/412, would fit the criteria. But as people say, so few of us have driven all those amazing models. So I suppose we should all say what pool we are voting from. I hope someone will join in who has driven every Ferrari.

Of the Ferraris which I have owned or driven at length, which are:

250 California SWB Spider
    275 GTB/4
    Dino
    Testarossa
    F512M
    456 M GTA
    550M Maranell0
    575M Maranello FHP
    612 HGTC
    360 Spider
    430 Berlinetta
    430 Spider
    430 Scuderia
    458 Italia
    458 Speciale
    488 GTB
    488 Pista
    599 GTB
    599 GTB HGTE
    F12
    FF
    GTC4Lusso
    GTC4Lusso T
    California
    California 30
    California 30 HS
    California T HS
    Portofino

I would say the GTC4 Lusso T definitely hangs in my memory as the most comfortable. Capacious seats, quiet cabin, a much more refined ride than the FF. But I have owned/driven these over the years and I never gave much thought to a comfort comparison before now. I would also say that the 488 has a remarkably comfortable ride and cabin experience considering the type of car it is.

There are some anomalies in my experience. My F512M has hard carbon seats but a smoother ride on many surfaces than my 575 M with Fiorano Pack. My 430 Spider's Daytona seats are super comfortable though the car is too loud to be "comfortable", unless aural comfort doesn't matter. I didn't find my 550 very refined compared to more modern Ferraris.

Also, tyres make a difference, with Michelins in my experience adding a layer of comfort as well as handling excellence over brittle P Zeros.

22. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Right on, Darius; Enzo's cars do fit - and I've owned two 412's, a 5-speed and an auto, both extremely comfortable cars to drive in any conditions, even on rallies ------
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    enio45, Robb, paulchua and 2 others like this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Your car is gorgeous, I love it. Drive in good health my friend!

25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I would say the FF/Lusso, it's cavernous back there - shocked me how much space. Although once the FUV comes out- I suspect that will be the new comfort king.