Portofino Child Seats | FerrariChat

Portofino Child Seats

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by NZCREW, Jan 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    I’m looking to buy a nice new Rosso toy for myself and one of the options is the new Ferrari Portofino. The car is amazing in so many ways, but as I have a 1 year old and most likely will try for a second child soon, the main attraction over other options (I.e. F12) is the rear seats and the isofix mounts for a child seats.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find anything online about child seats for the Portofino. Has anyone used the Portofino with a child seat? Or can anyone help / advise?

Thanks.

2. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    While the portofino does have a larger back seat by a few inches I am unsure if any rear facing car seat will fit, and at 1 rear facing is still mandatory nearly everywhere. As far as toddler seats I’d assume many of the same seats that fit the California would work though confirmation would be nice. Also if anyone knows of a certain rear facing seat that fits I’d like to know as well since this is the boat I’m sailing on too.

3. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    I think we're front facing child sears from 1 year here in NZ. Bets practice up to 2 years, but not law. Do you know any actual models of the front facing that will work? I haven't actually found any that are currently available within California threads either. It would be great if an infant capsule would fit, but like you I'm sceptical.

4. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    All of the seats mentioned in previous car seat threads seem to be out of production. I did hear that maybe you can get the one from the Ferrari store online but I haven’t looked. And I’d be skeptical of it fitting a child of 1. I’ll probably start looking in earnest later this year once I purchase my car but sure hope I see something posted here as well.

5. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I suggest you try out before you buy if the child passenger is essential. I had hopes of travelling with a 14 month old, but when seat installed (a Britax) there is no room for their legs. Even with passenger seat well forward. It may work for older children who jut need a booster and legs can go down into footwell. For younger children it did not work for me.

greg328, azlin75 and NZCREW like this.
  6. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Thanks, interesting. Yes looking to try out next month, but would like some options / suggestions on what seats to try out.

7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I have seen 2 kids (less than 4) in the back 'seats' of a CaliT. Granted the parents weren't 6' but everyone fit.

8. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Looking for the brand of child seat used.

9. Portofino - USA

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Portofino
    I'm not sure if you still need help with this, but I had the same problem. I was able to fit a car seat in the back seat of the Portofino. You can fit it rear facing, but the front seat will not be usable. I tried a number of car seats, but the one that fit the best for me was the Cybex Sirona M. I originally had it rear facing, but have since turned it to forward facing. When it's forward facing, you can have someone fit in the front seat, but it will not be comfortable for long drives.

10. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

This has proven to be rather frustrating. I’ve tried endlessly to find a seat that will fit in the Portofino and I can’t. It needs to be forward facing and if anyone has been successful, please let me know. Might consider getting an FF since I’ve already had a Lusso. Ideas?

11. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I have 2 boys and they love coming with me in the Portofino BUT its very tight behind me so the Lusso was the better option on long journeys because I really had to push my seat up (6'2). Anyhow once my eldest could sit in the front and my youngest could sit behind I put in him a MIFOLD child seat. Its a very thin booster the I love and keeps the kids low .. I don't like the other boosters where my child's head is popping out.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. jblakesmith_gt

jblakesmith_gt Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    I currently have a maser gt mc cab that has alot of room for a 2 door convertible, but looking to go with a cali 30 or cali t in the future. We have almost a six year old autistic son who loves Sunday drives in it. His graco all in one seat, although bulky, fits in the maser, but im guessing it won't in the cali, so I ordered a bubblebum inflatable booster to try. Anyone with a cali/Porto try a bubblebum? Im 6'4" but actually sit quite close to wheel like in race mode. Lol. Look fwd to learning more from you guys on this great forum. Thanks and take care.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

13. California Dreams

Feb 13, 2019
    #15 California Dreams, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Diono 3RXT was the only one to fit for me while seeming safe (e.g. others require top tether). It fits with top up or down but you can't operate the roof while it's installed.

TBH I was really excited to drive my kid around when I got it but then I started getting worried that the car would be too loud and cause hearing damage. Am I being overly worried?

14. Magnus Kanerfalk

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    TioMango
    Has anyone tried "Porsche Junior Seat I-Size" or the manufacturers equivalent "Britax-Römer Kidfix I-size" in a Portofino? It should fit in the back of a 911 so maybe its a good solution for the Portofino/Roma as well?

15. Magnus Kanerfalk

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    TioMango
    That should be "Britax-Römer Kidfix M I-size"