Finally decided [328 vs 348] | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Finally decided [328 vs 348]

Discussion in '308/328' started by A12pilot, Sep 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey Gang,

Looks like it’s official.....I’ve bought my first Ferrari! :cool: I snagged a Rosso Corsa / Tan - 1986 328 GTS with a fresh major, over $18k in receipts over the last three years, Paperwork/tools/etc. I think it is about as mechanically sound as one could be! A few cosmetic blemishes, but I’m not overly concerned about any of them. To say I’m excited is an understatement!! I’ll post up pics when it gets here!

I’ve joined the club!!! Now I guess I should actually pay dues and join the club, officially! Looking forward to learning and sharing more info soon!

cheers
    Dave

Saabguy, Vonbarron, Joel78 and 3 others like this.
  2. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to the loonie bin!

3. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Congrats Dave! When do you expect it to arrive?

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They said if you don’t post some pics when you get it, it really didn’t happen. :D

Saabguy likes this.
  5. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Haha! Ok... here's one for now! Thanks guys, I'm REALLY excited. Can't believe I own one. Now I just have to get it here!

Cheers
    Dave
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Joel78, dweintra, djs308 and 6 others like this.
  6. JohnnyTS

JohnnyTS Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2012
    Pretoria East, RSA
    Full Name:
    John
    wow ! it's like 7 months since you started the thread, congratulations, looks awesome !

7. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yes, I didn't rush it, went back and forth a few times deciding my price point, then everything fell into place just this last week. I'll probably have to sell when I'm unemployed in a few months, but I can always say I owned a Ferrari! :p

Cheers
    Dave

8. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Congratulations!

9. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    That is a great choice. It just never gets old.

10. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    At least you have a ton of nice, rolling, empty roads close by to enjoy it on. Congrats on the car! It looks great!

2cam

11. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Man, got here yesterday and I couldn't be more pleased! What a rush! First time I've driven a Ferrari and this is a kick in the pants! It smells like the old Cessnas I used to train in when I was learning to fly. Love it! Definitely has the power reminiscent of 1986 (none) but how cool is the nostalgia!? Extremely happy with it and can't wait to take it to the next level!

Attached Files:

12. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    You know those are not original keys, right?

13. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yes, the folding keys were locked in the glove box but I didn't have them handy for the picture. These are the ones Reliable had when they delivered it. Just like the keychain!

Cheers
    Dave

14. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Good for you Brother!! Lookin good and Very big Congrats!

15. JB833

JB833 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    London
    Congrats! you made a great choice, enjoy!

16. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    Wait...you bought w.out driving one first?! I guess it's not much of a stretch, given it *is* a Ferrari, but damn...I drove a Euro first, then several US specs. Couldn't get that Euro out of my mind afterwards, and it still seems surreal, 12 years later, every time I see it in the driveway.

Congrats, and enjoy!

17. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  18. JohnnyTS

JohnnyTS Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2012
    Pretoria East, RSA
    Full Name:
    John
    I also have one of those keys as a spare backup, it looks exactly like mine,

great photo's ! enjoy, I remember when I got my 328 and drove it back home, man was I pleased and happy !

cheers !

19. italia16

italia16 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2004
    Congrats on joining the club. I have an 86 too, that I got 18 years ago.
    As you said about Cessna's, it has a smell to it that is terrific. And driving it is like flying a P-51 warbird. It takes effort to drive smoothly and requires your utmost attention. You may have to work to have fun and get a little sweaty in the process but it is not artificial and well worth it!

Enjoy the visceral experience and may it give you a big grin/smile every time you drive it and look at it!

20. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks guys! Yes, I've bought and restored many cars sight unseen and with all this Corona Crap going on, getting down to look at it before hand was an issue. It had a fresh PPI done on it, with research on this forum I'd done, I was able to check all the boxes of concern. After it was all said and done, it all added up to "Get that car!" So I did, with zero regrets! It's such a cool car. The pedal offset is something to get used too, but I'm adapting. Already will be adjusting the steering wheel via the threads on here and already solved the high idle issue, again, because of this forum (ahem....floor mat! ) Looking forward to posting up more as I make improvements but for now, just time to drive!

Cheers
    Dave

21. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Congrats. I’m still a relatively new Ferrari owner (87 328GTS) and every other night I still partially uncover it just to look at it.
    Driving it is the best of course but I still enjoy it plenty just from staring at it

MFlanagan likes this.
  22. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I was wondering how long before someone commented on that. And be prepared when you post engine pics too, this crowd is particular but not crazy... mostly.

Lester

23. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I bought mine on trust of some folks I was familiar with online in the Jag forum who are also FCAT members. Never had driven one and had to look up online what a 328 looked like. That was 8 years ago and I am still impressed and enjoy it! Congrats man!

Lester

24. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks, Lester! Yes, I’d like to know what’s wrong and right on the car eventually. Right now it’s mainly take a year and get acquainted with it! It’s such a pleasure to drive.

Speaking of stuff like that, is there any guides to concours judging for the 328s? Would be nice to know proper finishes, etc in the engine bay and suspension. I’m mainly into 60s muscle cars so this is a real eye opener to something new!

Cheers
    Dave