The Very First Lowered F8 Tributo On Premium Aftermarket Wheels In The World | FerrariChat

The Very First Lowered F8 Tributo On Premium Aftermarket Wheels In The World

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Wheelb, May 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

What you are looking at here is the first lowered Ferrari F8 Tributo on premium aftermarket performance wheels in the world. While we did a set of ANRKY’s on a Tributo back in August of last year that was a pre-production model and we were not allowed to touch the suspension. This time around though we were able to install Novitec’s sport springs to give the car that extra little boost of performance & style.

For the new wheels we made sure to choose a lightweight monoblock from ANRKY’s impressive lineup – the AN11. This aggressively designed model kept everything in line with the car’s beautiful Italian bodywork. We believed a black finish would hide a lot of wheel’s details so instead we had it completed in a drop-dead gorgeous Polished Mirror Smoke that is dark enough to match the car’s carbon yet light enough to not lose the look of the wheel.

We’re fortunate enough to have over 30 Ferrari 488’s in our customer gallery and we think now is a great time to turn our attention towards the F8 to see what we can unlock from it. We have already begun accumulating data on exhaust & turbo upgrades for it the same way we did for the GTB’s. With the wheel & tire fitment covered we’re extremely excited to see what else we can create together with future Tributo owners.

Customer Ferrari Gallery: https://wheelsboutique.com/galleries/ferrari

Wheel Specs:
    ANRKY AN11
    Finish: Polished Smoke
    Size: 21"x9.5" || 22"x12.5"
    Tires: Pirelli P Zero
    Tire Size: 255/30/21 || 335/25/22
    Novitec Sport Springs

Also Available: 19” to 23” Diameters || 2-Piece (AN21) & 3-Piece (AN31) Configurations || Gloss, Satin, Stone, & Brushed Finishes

Visit www.WheelsBoutique.com & contact us for details, availability, and pricing on ANRKY Wheels, Pirelli Tires, & Novitec Products. Comment below & tell us what you think!

For more photos of this vehicle visit: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNc6tH8

midengine likes this.
  2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Looks killer surprised you could get 335 wide tires in the rear!

Wheelb likes this.
  3. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Such a gorgeous car!!

Wheelb likes this.
  4. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    And believe it or not we've fitted 355's as well. Hopefully I can have that client get us some professional photos of that one since he isn't local to us.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    strange because 325s will rub iuwht 21s x 12s on the rear.

6. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    You must build the wheels with the correct offset for the tires to fit without rubbing. A lower offset will push the wheels away from the inner fender liner & struts giving you the clearance needed to fit the wider tires. We have all the data needed to manufacture these performance wheels to fit perfectly.

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'm thinking Pista, the rear splitter gets very close with a 325 rear tire. The 488 I guess has more room.

8. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    The 488 Pista and the F8 Tributo have the same amount of room in the wheel wells. It all goes back to having the correct offsets for the wheels so that everything fits flawlessly. I've included a photo & video of a Pista we completed with 355 Pirelli's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4E214MJqDA

Boomhauer likes this.
  9. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    That looks so sick! I have an F8 coming message me the cost to duplicate the wheels, tires and shocks.

Those 355’s are MASSIVE!

10. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Will do! PM incoming shortly.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Indeed they are massive. The amount of understeer and push they add must be immense.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

timba, Gh21631 and m5shiv like this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If 325's rub on a 4X8 in th rear, the offset is way off. Lots of room to play with. 325/30R20 on stock wheels is not an issue. What is the offset of your wheels? 30 or 32 perhaps?

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Plenty of room. I believe HRE usually uses ET33 in the front and ET43 for 13x21 with 355's.
    Look at it this way. With stock offset you have around 20 mm to play with on the outside. Add about 26 mm to each side, and the result is that you need to push the wheel in 5-6mm to clear the outer fender. A few weeks ago when I had all the wheels off a Pista Spider it was clear that there's tons of room inboard for wider tyres. Apl you need to do is clear the outer fender.

14. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Now the F8 looks like a ultra modern concept car. And the
    Pista looks a bit dated.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That makes little sense. They are so similar. If one looks modern, the other does too. If one is dated, the other is too.

Gh21631 likes this.
  16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You can also rub the rear splitter. You only have so much room in there, I dont see how you can get a 355 series tire. I have 325's and it is close to both the fender and the rear splitter. These are on Forgeline wheels with the proper offsets.

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Ill get the spec but mine dont rub. They do take a lot of space in there though. Also keep in mind not all tires are of equal width, for example a Pirellis 325 might be narrower than a Michelin 325.

18. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    On Thursday night we will be releasing a full video feature of this F8 Tirbuto on our YouTube channel. We also had a 488 here so they were filmed next to one another for a slight comparison in design. Should be a nice video to watch :)

19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What are the offset?

20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    True. I'm talking about MPSC2 325 rubber, so pretty wide for the size.
    You are correct about the Pirellis being narrow.

When you say splitter, I take it you mean rear diffuser. I'll have the wheels off the Pista again next week and also on the 488. I'll try and snap a few photos and measure if I can and see if there's a difference in clearance between the 488 Spider and Pista Spider.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yes, you are correct I meant the diffuser. With my 325's I have a 1/2" of space on each side so I dont see how 355's would fit on a Pista. If you push the wheels too far outward then you risk rubbing the fenders if you hit a bump.

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Stock tires are 305/30/20 for the Pista and they look tiny.

24. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I can’t help to think this changes the handling and ride quality of the car, and I’d think for the worse. Am I wrong?

25. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    With the larger wheels & lowered height the car did become more firm. From a performance standpoint the car was improved. Despite the fact that the wheels are larger in diameter & width they are more lightweight than the factory wheels. The reduction of rotating mass helps improve both acceleration & braking. The wider tires also helped put more of the power down making the car a bit more usable off the line. This improved grip does make the car less playful & more sharp around the corners. In other words, if you like the fun of drifting/sliding then I would recommend these same wheels but in the factory diameter & widths.

Gh21631 likes this.