Testarossa Price Trends | Page 189 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    This is the only model section where “enthusiasts” actually trash and demean the model. They call themselves enthusiasts and call for price depreciation for over a decade. For what? To save 30k?

raysur, sherrillt, MGJBLKTR and 5 others like this.
  2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    You need to spend more time in the 355 forum, lots of drama there too.

3. 5859

5859 Rookie

Apr 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Hess
    Yes, I believe it was Ed out in Riverton if I remember correctly. I was able to find some history on it from about 15 years ago I think, before he owned it.
    Thats cool you're here as well, the Utah culture isnt prone to "flexing", most wealthy people like the Huntsman for example, all drive Accords and their kids Civics.
    Im hoping to join you soon in this 'handful" of TR Utah owners, although Im pretty much decided on a 512TR now. Im also looking for an early Diablo :D
    Hope to see your car out on the streets sometime...

rpissm likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  5. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
  6. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    $107,512

I wonder if he’ll be sorry in a few months when government funds have dried up and reality sets in. 2021 looks bleak.

Bradwilliams and Shamile like this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Pretty sure the buyer, from what i know, WILL NOT need any government funds and has a large collection. He will be fine :))

blkdiablo33 and Jay R like this.
  8. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    I’m sure he’s wealthy but I’m wondering what that same car will be worth in 2021 and whether he’ll still be kicking himself for having bought now? It’s not the amount, it’s the principle.

Bradwilliams and Shamile like this.
  9. bka80s

bka80s Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian Alexander
    Well, as an owner, I’m happy to see sales topping 100K.

10. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    PS...government funds remark I made was to show that we are in a fake market right now which has confidence built in because of the trillions of funds pumped in by the government. It’s not sustainable and, even with it, we are at 15% unemployment. A lot of jobs (and consequently businesses) are secured by the small business guarantee scheme. Are there really that many truly independently wealthy people to sustain prices in the classic /exotic car market as a whole? Are TRs a separate market by themselves that can ignore what the rest of a leveraged market is doing? I don’t think we’ve seen the start of it.

Bradwilliams, Shamile and ChipG like this.
  11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    lol price was also driven by TGDGAF

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

is how he will feel IF he remembers how much he paid for the car.

Zeff and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  13. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    How funny.

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    too many people here assume the perspective of buyers - to some 100k is 100k, to others it's a snickers bar, or a snapple. i usually assume the latter. downsi
    :)

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep! Sure an uptick on BAT on those last 2 versus previous auction on BAT our outside this year !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antonio Unanue likes this.
  16. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    I wasn’t assuming anything and in fact actually asked the question if there were enough truly independently wealthy people to sustain the whole market? Classic joke though. Uproarious.

Bradwilliams likes this.
  17. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

There is never a good time or a bad time to buy a car, there is only the right time. If you have the desire and the resources, then go for it. Trying to wait for a market downturn - well that just translates into less time you could have had with (hopefully) your dream car. Kinda like waiting six months to ask out that beautiful woman because maybe in six months she'll say yes?

That also suggests a lack of passion for the car and more thinking about the investment potential. Very sad as the point of exotic car ownership and Ferrari in particular, is the legacy and the passion

Uhm, and cars are not an investment, in case this is news to anyone.

The best examples of all exotics will quitely disappear from the market and then resurface when the situation improves.

Also makes me wonder how many of those who post in this thread actually own a TR. For those who are hopeful of a steep decline in pricing, to paraphrase Doug DeMuro, "the days of the $40,000 to $60,000 TR are long gone". $100,000 +/- 10% is what I would see going forward in these present times.

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the back TR will reside in a collection of hypercars, second to none. a good day for all TR enthusiasts!

blkdiablo33 and Zeff like this.
  19. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    I wish people who didn’t like this thread would have the self restraint to just ignore it. It’s interesting to some to speculate on what the market is doing and the macroeconomic effects of why that might be. If that’s not for you then there are plenty of other threads to choose from or you can even start one of your own. The fact that this has been going for 10 years should tell you something.

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hold on there compadre - there are 2 pieces to this thread. the good, quality commentary about price trends and then there is the second piece, which is long winded, unsubstantiated grandstanding and pontification by trolls, not enthusiasts, who have no other objective than to piss on a parade they arent apart of. I have no idea who you are or which group you fall into. i'm going to assume you have a TR and have been a long time owner of one. I'm going to assume over the past 12 years you have bought a few ferraris and taken care of them.... or i'm going to assume you recently made enough money to enter the brotherhood and are about to pounce on one when it presents itself.
    if you are not any of those, then what basis for contributing are you able to offer?

if the trolls didnt exist this thread wld be a quarter of the size with HIGHLY useful information over a long period of time.

21. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    You can assume what you like. If you don’t like it, as I said, there are other threads. Compadre.

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Are you a troll?

23. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Oh I’m sorry, you’re right. Can you give me your email address so I can send you five years of tax returns to show my income and photos of all the cars I’ve ever owned so that I get your personal sign off for participating on a thread on an Internet forum? Your personal seal of approval is so important to us all even though you’re not an owner or moderator of the forum. Please don’t define me as a troll because I’ll cry.

Bradwilliams, Shamile and ChipG like this.
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    you said you dont fit it any of the buckets i put forth - sounds like you are an owner, which is great - what ferraris do you have?

25. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Did I? This really doesn’t sound like the thread for you.