Titanium bolts and spacers For 458 | FerrariChat

Titanium bolts and spacers For 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Terrence, Jul 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Any suggestions and experiences to share?

Thank you.

2. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I’ll be picking up a set of Ti bolts from Exotic car gear in a couple of months. They seem like a solid option.

3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    If you want the OEM Ferrari 2 piece bolts, cheapest I’ve seen them is at Eurospares, part number:

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Get spacers and bolts from Hill engineering. With spacers you need the best you can get. They can also advise you on proper bolt length.
    DO NOT USE OE BOLT LENGTH WITH SPACERS!!! They are not long enough.
    Get a set of wheel hangers for installation. Makes it possible to install the spacers properly, and it greatly reduces the chances of a wheel knocking a rotor and damaging it.

Are you doing this for cosmetic reasons or because you want to change performance?

From a purely practical standpoint, installing spacers will put a greater load on all your suspension and steering joints as well as your hub bearings.
    It's also worth noting that the wider you go, the more it will hurt your paint. If you go really wide with 15mm spacers in the front and 20mm spacers in the rear, your paint will be shot to **** from all the crap being flung from the tyres. I would personally not go wider than 11/15 for this reason.

Another drawback is the fact that the spacers will make your suspension act as if the car was heavier than it really is. This is because you put the loading point of the suspension further away from the pivot point. This is why people often feel spacers improve ride quality. This will however be on behalf of steering response and agility.
    Also, if you install wider spacers in the rear, e.g the 11/15 or 15/20 combo, you will induce further understeer compared to installing the same thickness spacer in all four corners. Don't think this is arbitrary issues that are hardly felt. The understeer is very noticable. You can combat some of this by installing the 245 section front tyres from the 488. With 11 mm spacers there should be room for this.

Lastly. After the install, get your car alligned. If your car has any misalignment, spacers can reinforce the symptoms of that.

Best

turbokraft, MalibuGuy and SVR like this.
  5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    No spacers for me ….. but 305's on the rear of my 458 :)

6. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I am not aware of the alloy Hill Engineering uses for their spacers. Our spacers unlike most are produced in T6 7075 aluminum alloy. The common material that you find in the market is T6 6068. The 7075 alloy has almost 2x the tensile strength of the 6068 alloy as well as a higher production cost. Additionally our spacers have an added anodized finish to increase strength and corrosion resistance.

At Exotic Car Gear as well we do not post the extended bolt lengths on out site intentionally so we can discuss the proper length and application for the vehicle. We only offer Bolt through spacers as "bolt on" spacers have a high rate of failure. With an addition of a bolt on spacer you are lowering the strength of the material holding the wheel to the car to roughly a third of the strength.

We are also one of the only producers that offers a 2 piece Ferrari wheel bolt as well as versions in extend lengths. Please feel free to contact an of our staff for correct hub centric spacers and bolt sets. All of our kits do include the 17mm toll and 2 wheel hangers.

7. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello,

I do not have spacers on my 2015 458, but I do have the F Ti bolts on a set of Ferrari collection rims (not original rims when built). I like the idea of Ti bolts, they look slick as well!

My 458 is all stock and it’s going to stay that way as long as it’s still under warranty. I asked my F dealer about going with a different exhaust system and was told it would void the warranty. Ditto on adding an exhaust valve controller. Blimey!!!

So, I’m bone stock for two more years, unless the Ferrari Collection rims and the Ferrari Collection door light upgrade (shows “458 Italia” on the ground when you open the door) nixes my “bone stock” title. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Hill spacers are made from 7075 alloy. Additionally they have 4340 steel inserts. They are by far the best spacers I've seen for Ferraris. Spacers should always have steel inserts to prevent warping.of the bolt holes. Have seen my share of H&R and other 7075 spacers without inserts warp.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  9. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B