Wanted - WTB fully optioned Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio | FerrariChat

Wanted WTB fully optioned Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by LightGuy, May 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    WTB fully optioned Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio with ceramic brakes and CF seats.
    Color and miles not critical. Condition is.

2. rickmatthew205

May 8, 2020
    I have one to sale over here

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 Lite using Tapatalk

3. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Link or phone # please.

4. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I was looking at them before COVID just to see where prices are. I had found a few but you have to manually look at each ad to see which ones have the carbon seats since many ads don't mention it.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I know of a very nice black/black example, it's a 2018 with 8K miles.
    Top level carbon fiber all over it...
    Estate Sale, the local car lot handled the probate for the widow.

$40K is wholesale they don't want to deal with it.
    Sent it to Mack Haik for the 10K service.

I was tempted but the 40K Car and Driver test says it's a nightmare, so I pass...

albert328gts, LightGuy and sasso1977 like this.
  6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I can go look, I liked this one because the interior is solid black, the two tone interior is sexy, saw it at dealership, but would get tiring over time, IMO
    That car was $79K also....LOL

I need to go tell them I am "not playing" on the deal....

7. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I had one without the racing seats. These cars are wicked fun. 505 hp.

8. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I bought my in September 2018 for $75,000 and traded it 8 months later for a E43 The value was $54,000. That was super painful. But a fun car. Expensive ride.

stardoc, LightGuy and BigTex like this.
  9. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Curious why you sold it so soon?

Also if it was me, David, I'd avoid the first model year which I believe is 2017.

LightGuy likes this.
  10. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #11 LightGuy, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020

The plan is to use it for my vehicle to get to demonstrations / sales calls as well thus trying to be a teensy bit conservative.
    Fluorescent Lime green probably not the right choice ;)

I was driving to Dallas Tuesday AM and called about the one at Park Place Porsche to confirm. Advertised Sunday night gone by Tuesday AM. Gone in one day ! I was tied up Monday. Rats !

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  11. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #12 LightGuy, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Yes I have heard that too.
    Possibly why the dramatic depreciation. The Dallas car I was interested in had almost a $90K sticker. Sold at $42K !
    I also heard that most of the gremlins were cured with software updates.
    Extended warranty a must on this car. Shopped them already too.

12. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I sold it after it was in the shop for 6 weeks. I told the Alfa dealer that when it started doing Alfa stuff, I would sell it. I can't stand a car that won't stay out of the shop ,, or not run. I used it as a daily driver, but on warm days if I drove to Atlanta , 2 hours each way, the seat would be so snug that my pants and back of my shirt were soaked. You see the seats with the alcanthra is so snug that you get absolutely not air around your body. So that got a little old driving with a wet shirt. Then when it popped the Radiator and leaked out leaving me stranded 20 miles from home at 8 pm, was a bit worrying. They had excellent service , picked up the car took it to knoxville. The bad part was when they fixed the Radiator, the front fender has to come off, and to reset the distronic , they have to "Rent" a massive machine from Alfa. This takes up to 10 days to get the piece in. I asked if I should take the car to Atlanta or somewhere for the tool. Alfa said dealerships don't own this thing, none of them, they all have to rent the machine. Then something else went wrong after they fixed the Distronic. And the front fender had to come off again, I said "let me guess you have to wait on the machine to be shipped to you in a week or two". Yes that was correct. So after about 6 weeks in the shop just sitting there, I told Mercedes of Knoxville " I have a Misano blue Giulia Quadrifoglio that is about 600 feet away from you dealership, go look at it because I am going to trade you the car for you E43 with cooled seats". It hit me that if Alfa goes under..... there are no shops in the USA that can fix that car. Even most of the Alfa dealerships don't have a good grip on fixing these cars. So I just dumped the car, hated the E43, it was our 25th Mercedes, and the build quality , and the warped rotors , was a disaster. Then I traded for Mercedes #26 which is a CLS 550 from 2017. It has the massive V8 with 402 HP, plus the biggest reason was that it has the special , $4500, Red Leather Designo seats. So the Alfa just came down to , Hot to drive, and nobody down the road to fix it. It was also impossible to be smooth on the brakes..... wow they are beyond touchy , but they feel great on the track at Road Atlanta. Man that car was wicked. I could not tell much difference between it and the 458.

13. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Yikes.

Two of the local Alfa dealers folded a year or two ago.

Maybe I should think about this a bit more.

SAFE4NOW and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  14. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    David,
    I mean they are pretty decent cars, and faster than all crap for a 4 door I mean 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. That is as fast as the 2019 Porsche GT 3 with a clutch. You just have to love it. The 458 is only 0-60 in 3.3 or something. So the Alfa is half a second off. But when I get ready to go run the mountain,or tail of the dragon. I never say lets get the Alfa out. it was always the Ferrari or the Abarth. I know strange.
    But..... I love the alfa. Just lost a ton of money is the only really bad side. I should have kept it longer, but I hated the fact it would soak my shirt and paints, if it had air seats, then that would be a different ballgame. I was looking last night to see if I could install air in the Alfa seats. Lots of aftermarket stuff, but it may ruin the feel of the seat. But the man made Rayon or Nylon of the Alcanthera is wicked hot my clothes. But I do get hot in the ferrari, but not like this. I think the quad if it offered leather seats would help a bit... I don't mind the ferrari I don't drive it everyday to somewhere. Just for fun.... that may have to be the alfa ... just for fun. I started to get a Type R, but spent way more money for the Alfa, and lost a ton, that was funny. So now I have 6 cars and still looking for something..... maybe a 2012 Cayman R. Only about 500 are in America made only one year, and hold their value. About $60,000 will get one. Cost in 2012 , or 8 years ago was about $90,000. So only $30,000 in 8 years, I lost $23,000 in 8 months.
    Keep us posted on what you get. I am also looking at the Alfa Giulia Ti Sport with suspension setup, and the leather. These are really great. Plenty of power at 240hp. Does not sound like much, but it is plenty for the car.

LightGuy likes this.
  15. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I had an '18 Rosso with the CF seats, all options w/0 ceramic brakes. In two years of ownership had a total of ZERO issues. One of the most incredible cars I've ever owned. The depreciation was painful, (bought for about $81k traded in for about $46k.
    Regarding the 0-60 times, no way you can get real world 3.8sec. Closer to 4.8 as there is horrific turbo lag on these things.

Bthesixthree and LightGuy like this.
  16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Need to look at that, as tthey are restructuring here...

Stand alone FIAT dealers are handling the 124 Spiders and a few Alfas.

The high line Maserati and Alfa PRIMARY dealers are now tucked under the wing of a Large Chrysler Dealer.
    They have no FIATS at all, so its more Market clarification to me.

Look for the Maserati logo.

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The over worked, swamped Alfa Technician, at the Chrysler dealer, is the ying to the lonely Maytag repairman's yang.....

greg328 and LightGuy like this.
  18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I was also considering one but they just seem to keep dropping and dropping and on top of that, i do not trust any of the local Alfa dealers if something goes wrong. And as i understand they dont certify them? So the 2017 are out of warranty this year and the 2018 in 2021? Even before if you add miles.

19. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Here in the states you can still get extended factory warranties through Chrysler or Zurich or Fidelity.
    Up to 100K miles 2025 end date for 5K ish.
    Yikes.
    But Mandatory for these cars IMO just like a BMW or Mercedes. Porsche not so much.

USAA used to offer them but they quit. The best warranty of all.

20. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Methinks you are questionable.

21. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

BIG THANKS to BIG TEX !!!
    Thats the car I just bought.
    BTW the actual sticker on that car was $89,495.
    Had every conceivable option including ceramics and Sparco CF seats. In service date of 10/2018 = 28 more months of factory warranty.
    Not a color I particularly like (metallic black) but in the evening sun it does look stellar.
    Black cars hard to keep appearance up.
    But true to my personal motto I dont buy paint colors I buy cars (mechanicals).
    This car had it all.

Good to meet you once more Alan and thanks again.

flat_plane_eddie and greg328 like this.
  22. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The magazines actually put out 3.6 seconds to 60. I believe it, but needs to be in launch mode with warm tires. Launching gets revs up before the autobox engages.

I have a video clip of 70-110mph in a bit over 4 seconds. IMO more impressive than 0-60.

LightGuy likes this.
  23. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Need to correct an earlier post, the four-cylinder TI sport has 280 hp not 240. And over 300 foot pounds of torque, by the way.

I have a 2018 TI sport performance with the limited slip differential, it’s a fantastic vehicle, full leather and leather dash as well. It’s been a great car; I’ve had it about a year. Much faster and better handling than my 87 328 GTB I sold five years ago!.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

LightGuy likes this.
  24. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    To add to my previous post, I bought it from Nyle Maxwell Alfa Romeo here in Austin, I bought it preowned, and they provided a lifetime warranty on the drivetrain when buying preowned. So that’s pretty reassuring. Of course if they’re gone in a few years then it’s meaningless!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

LightGuy likes this.