Testarossa Price Trends | Page 192 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Jay are you a tr buyer at any price?

2. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    By the way, if you did but know it, it’s a game we’ve played before and which I answered. Go and check if you don’t believe me.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Found this thread a few weeks ago on the Ford Taurus SHO site. It says the dealer convinced the owner to keep their car. (I actually agree here, again not saying this facetiously)

Perhaps I should create an account, chime in and tell him, actually - NO, it will most likely take a dive in value.

If the Ford Taurus enthusiasts get mad at me, I will respond by asking why they are trolling me?

(After of course, I've refused to tell them what I think the car is 'really' worth)

Actually, I'm thinking as a social experiment doing just this for real, cuz you know - that would make me just an 'enthusiast' trying to talk cars....

4. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    In a thread entitled Testarossa values? Heaven forfend that someone should have an opinion on TESTAROSSA VALUES! What’s offensive about that? Are you so fragile that you can’t stand it when your car loses value? Why are you talking about Ford Tauruses all the time? Truly weird moderating. I’ve never seen anyone moderate like this.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Great, apologies, I mean that seriously. If you answered it before, may I trouble you to tell me what it is again?
    Cheers

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    What's wrong with a Ford Taurus? Or Pokemon for that matter? Both are things I don't ever plan to buy in my life. Very apropos to the discussion wouldn't you say?

7. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    I suggest you stop here. Feel free to delete my entire account if you feel this strongly that I’m in the wrong. Not a single solitary **** given here.

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I don't understand. I've asked respectfully (maybe 4-5 times now)what you think the value of the TR is, You still refuse to answer. I mean, if I think TSLA is overvalued, I would say the stock is not worth $1,000, it's worth say $300

People of good faith make statements like this all the time.

It's a simple question that you seem to have a ultra hard time answering.

9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @Jay R
    let's wipe the slate clean. Apologies for any past offense. Okay? All water under the bridge. Let's start over.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Hi, My Name is Paul, Nice to meet you, glad to have you on board! Welcome!

I see you think the value of the TR is too high. That's not an uncommon view, many people feel the classic car market is inflated. I personally think the TR is worth about 100-125K right now (say 20K miles, fully sorted, no stories, recent service)

What do you think it's worth my friend?

Best wishes to you and I hope you have a nice day.
    :)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Are you really this stupid? Can’t you read? I’ve told you that I’m not playing a game by your rules, which will be amended to suit you to get to a predetermined position which will support your narrative. Don’t be a moron. If you feel this itself validates your position then, frankly, who cares? You keep going if you like.

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    So at what price wld you be a buyer of a tr?

12. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    It’d be great if all you guys could walk away for a bit and cool down. Ya’ll getting worked up over nothing.

we have diffs going out all over the place we don’t need this.

oh by the way, what’s the best oil for our TRs?

Natkingcolebasket69 and Jay R like this.
  13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    0w40 synthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using MotorInteractive

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

M’y wife always tells me I repeat myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Hi Parnelli:

Her name is Riley Ryen and she races for Ferrari Vancouver in the Challenge Series.

Attached Files:

tomc, Parnelli and versamil like this.
  16. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    Any owner of a NEWER Ferrari is going to experience MORE in depreciation, than the entire range of prices for a Testarossa. So for anyone saying a car is only worth 50K to 100K- who cares. It's frankly chump change in the scheme of things. I don't care if I pay too much for stuff. I don't care if I lose 100k in depreciation.
    We only live once.It's FAR more agonizing to miss out on something, than to worry whether I paid too much. I have TWO TR's and I certainly don't look at them and think, wow these cars could only be worth 50K if the world falls apart. Doesn't matter, they're at least in my garage.If someone is worried about paying too much for a Testarossa, maybe they should just collect stamps.

paulchua, Rostami6, Jonkheer and 3 others like this.
  17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Exactly

18. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Well said. And I don't now or ever have any intention of collecting stamps.

19. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    engine or gearbox oil?

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Redline mtl for gearbox

21. Antonio Unanue

Jan 10, 2020
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Antonio Unanue
    As a matter of fact, it's been more than two years since a non 10k-mile or non ultra-rare colored Testarossa bid over $100k on BaT. And, much to my happiness as an owner, we've now seen two in a row, which is quite unprecedented for these times.

22. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#4797 Bradwilliams, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Oh no Chua is in here?! Glad I have him on ignore. I suggest you do the same!

Don't waste your time talking to those "Gentlemen". You can own 50 Ferraris and a fleet of cars and they'll still find a way to personally attack you for having a different opinion. One of those guys (can't remember which ) accused me of being a flipper of a maranello even though I put 5k miles on it in a single year, installed centerpipe, and test pipes so that the car wouldn't sound like a lexus. Which it did even though there was a capristo on it. Sold it to raise capital for my business and because I din't like the car (impulse buy). I've had my TR 6 years now going on 7. Put 8k miles on her, 4 in the first year alone. But I'll bet I'm still considered a flipper to Chua and the klan LOL.

Save your breath.

Some people like to masturbate to higher and higher prices, makes them feel good. It kind of reminds me of the pecker measuring contests that happen at the country club amongst the few members that nobody can stand. Good for them. Doesn't mean some of us have to like it. Just like it doesn't mean they have to like your opinion or mine. Don't get personal. Just add to ignore.

Just remember, the prices of toys (boats, fancy used cars, vacation homes, jewelry) always go up when tens of millions of people are filing for unemployment and the economy is in a terrible recession. This time it's different! Cars are the new gold! HAHAHAA

I'm going to need to buy a pop corn machine starting this fall. Fall 2020 through 2021, you're going to see some serious ****! :)

These value threads briefly turned into dumpster fires when the CC bubble began. I suspect they will do the same during the implosion.

23. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I have owned one for 2 years now
    Have won two concours
    For me my car is worth 2,865,000 Mexican pesos but it is NOT for sale

(How many of you will google the mxn exchange rate? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    around 118k US $ or 110k €

Natkingcolebasket69 and ferralc like this.
  25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #4800 paulchua, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Anybody that has been a member of these boards knows you've been saying this for what, 10+ years? (except when you needed to sell your cars, then it was the opposite tune.)

If there is one thing @Bradwilliams is consistent with, it's his inconsistency.

Case in point?

Calls owners pigs for 'talking' up prices, but says the value of his 550 going to 140K when he wants to flip one. Then says 140K is not realistic once he unloads it.

The examples are legion, and long time members know of his irrationality.

sherrillt likes this.