360 - ECU Tune Review & Recommendation - Mase Engineering | FerrariChat

360 ECU Tune Review & Recommendation - Mase Engineering

Discussion in '360/430' started by SRLC716, May 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    When I come across a vendor worthy of praise, I’m eager to give it... Here goes...

After taking delivery of my gated 2003 360 spider in January, it didn’t take me long to get the itch for better sound and more power. Tubi, Capristo test pipes, Fabspeed headers, and bmc filters quickly followed.

As I read more and more it sound like a tune would maximize what I could get out of all this better breathing, and Mase Engineering kept bubbling to the top of the list.

Upon first reaching out to Steve, I could tell I was in good hands. He immediately focused on educating me so I could make an informed decision. Once I decided to move forward, he made the process simple, communicating every step of the way. He reflashed my ECUs and shipped them out the very same day he received them!

I’ve been into cars now for about 20 years, but this is only the second sports car I’ve owned that does NOT have forced induction; thus I was skeptical about what a tune could do to wake up an NA car. With forced induction more boost and fuel do the trick pretty easily.

I had tempered expectations for my 360, and I have to tell you, I was blown away by the results. While I don’t have a before and after dyno, I can tell you without question there is a noticeable gain in torque from 3k all the way to redline. My car previously seemed to plateau in power after 7800 or so; now it pulls increasingly hard all the way to redline. This tune woke the car up completely from just the physical mods alone. Power, throttle response, smoothness of power delivery are all noticeably and materially improved.

I should add that in addition to being thrilled with end result, Mase Engineering helped me out even though I accidentally omitted a detail about my mods that impacted the tune. Steve went out of his way to make things right despite my error, without sacrificing turnaround time at all.

So, if you’re questioning whether or not a tune is worth it, and if so, who you can trust... HANDS DOWN I recommend Mase Engineering enthusiastically!

Sam

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Great looking car! Mase is the real deal. I was fortunate enough to be able to bring my 430 to him to tune on the dyno.....gained 10% HP

Sent from my Galaxy

SRLC716 likes this.
  3. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    He mentioned 430s respond even better than 360s to tuning. Your 430 must be a monster now!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat