Testarossa Price Trends | Page 193 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #4801 paulchua, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    I just read these kind notes from @Jay R this morning, I think he is mad at me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    @Jay R , my olive branch is still extended to you, even with your latest personal attacks toward me as seen above. (and sorry, @ttforcefed laughing at one of your posts is not a personal attack) - otherwise, we would have to ban every user that used "LOL"

Again, welcome to the site!

Your view that the TR is overvalued is not uncommon, I've heard it from others that I respect as well.

That said, what is your opinion on the fair market value of a 'typical' TR? I would argue in the 75-175 range (depending on the condition)

Look forward to hearing what numbers you think?

Best to you.

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I agree! But could you tell me what @Jay R 'diff' is? I've asked as nicely as I could twice now, @ttforcefed I think 4 times?
    Hard to have a good-faith discussion when I don't even know what the difference of opinion is. Maybe there isn't? That's fine too.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I've been using redline, but I hear for 80's era cars are not good because it's too thin? Last month, at lunch, Kevin Enderby swears by this non-synthetic he uses in his 328 (250K miles and still running strong)

What do you think?

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Could we only talk about prices here lol Or let's just close this thread. I mean we have diablo discussion , turbo discussions, economy discussion it's kinda all over the place.
    Should be just this
    VIN
    Price asked
    Price Sold if any
    Venue offered- Auction, private party, dealer
    Mileage
    Vehicle history if known
    Vehicle known strenght/weaknesses
    Color
    Discussion on that vehicle.. I think it would make it all more simple and amicable :)

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think folks are open to that, but the commentary is always part of the game too. Okay for folks that hate the TR or think it's worth zero to participate. I just find it odd when these very same folks don't answer simple questions.

MOSS and sherrillt like this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think some folks like buying and owning a specific car. Other folks like talking negatively about a specific car.

Just two very different mindsets, both are welcome here. Just that the latter cohort should not take umbrage if asked to defend their position.

That's all.

Btw, I've been loving the 456 @ttforcefed - really great car. Check out a new site I created for it. 456mgta.com - has some registry info that you might find interesting. You should be able to find your VIN in my registry.

MOSS likes this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ehh for street use im of the opinion its all the same stuff...the weight matters...

paulchua likes this.
  8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    this wld be a good template...

Natkingcolebasket69 and paulchua like this.
  9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    nicely done! its a great car, i'm sure you will enjoy.

paulchua likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks for your kind words, made sure to keep the Mondial t as well. Love them both. Been looking at the 355 next, first is getting a lift...hahah

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    id consider a single post - i have had 4 posts forever and throroughly hate using them

paulchua likes this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh wow, really? Hmmm. What made you hate the 4 post? (was it overvalued?) sorry sorry just kidding.

but no, seriously, what made you hate the 4 post?

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hahaha - just cumbersome and hard to use...

14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I see...gotcha.

Thanks

15. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    And the brilliant moderating goes on! Yes, I tried to take it into PM and away from the forum but you’d rather publish those and keep it going in here. What a guy!

Paul, just because I think there’s a very large chance that TR prices might go down when over 15% of the population is unemployed, doesn’t mean:

(A) I’m talking negatively (your words) about TRs. No, I love them and always have done.
    (B) You should be so offended. I really don’t care if you are but your level of anger and inability to move on is, frankly, astonishing. Especially given you are supposed to ‘moderate’!

Grow up, man! Really.

16. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Here’s Paul in better times....

Attached Files:

Bradwilliams likes this.
  17. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    I‘ve literally never seen a moderator go off topic, break the rules and talk about people rather than the issues like this in ANY forum.

18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    With this in mind, I assume you also don't go to stamp forums and pontificate on which stamps are overvalued?

Damn you must be a busy man...

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    What rule did I break? Do you mean going off topic? That's a rule?

20. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Not even in a thread entitled ‘the value of stamps’, Gary?

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #4821 paulchua, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    It seems like somebody has gone as they say 'full troll.'

I guess when somebody is exposed, they might as well go for broke.

I believe @Jay R when he says he loves the TR. I also respect that he thinks the value of it will go down.

What I also believe is he either has no intention of getting one or due to circumstances (no judgments) simply can't.

Hence, he can't provide the 'entry point' as none exists.

This hard truth is the root of his dismay when asked (what seven times?) what is the 'valid' value?

After all, this is a valuation thread is it not?

If one cannot respond to the simple query, "What is it worth?" (on a VALUATION THREAD God sakes) - I think that speaks volumes.

Instead of saying "I think it's worth 50K, and that's when I'll jump in", we all witnessed instead the lashing out of insults and attacks.

Can't have a car? Some folks work to see what they can do in their own lives to work toward it.

Others, unfortunately, decide to rain on the parade of those that do have the car.

Furthermore, double down on their frustration when called out on the ungainly display of envy.

Truth is if the car goes to 50K, owner/enthusiasts still won't care (they smile while driving it, not when selling it), and sadly, something tells me that @Jay R sill won't/can't buy it.

Isn't that the crux of the issue here and why his reaction showed I hit the very nerve that is now raw?

Can't have a car you like at any price? Some folks think talking it down is the next logical step.

Sad, but it's the world we live in.

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    +1

23. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Damn, a ban well deserved...I was wondering how long that crap would be allowed to continue.

Now we can get back to a lively Lamborghini Diablo discussion.

Although just got back from a drive in the Ford GT....this car just oozes character.

MOSS and paulchua like this.
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Owning a diablo and tr simultaneously is a blessing!

paulchua likes this.
  25. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    You'd think so, but it drove Shamile into a different woman every week syndrome.....wonder how many Don Johnson pictures graced those walls over the years.

Bradwilliams likes this.