Ferrari ROMA | Page 98 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Fisher

John Fisher Rookie

May 3, 2020
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    AirTight Amps
    Hmmm. BRG or Abu Dhabi Blu? Got a msg that BRG may be a bit too dark to highlight Roma's curves. I initially was going to go with Abu Dhabi Blu and now I'm thinking of going back to it. I know this stuff is highly subjective, but thoughts?

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sorry to potentially complicate this further, but I'm a scientist, it's what we do!
    Have you considered Blu Mirabeau? To my eye, it's a little bit lighter than Dhabi, which may highlight the curves as you seek?

For what it's worth, if you like both nearly equally, Dhabi has no up charge.

T

John Fisher likes this.
  3. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Pretty sure it’s a myth. I don’t think insurance companies are stupid enough to think that tiny rear seats will negate 600+ HP and a 200mph top speed, along with the 250ish price tag!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vcappp, llk and tomc like this.
  4. ThePrince

ThePrince Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Canada
    I don't for the life of me see what everyone is on about with the AM comparisons! The overall shape might be similar, but I can make the same argument about my Merc AMG GT as well.

I think the Roma is far prettier than any modern car in Aston's lineup.

vcappp, greg328 and lamborarri like this.
  5. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    My dealer said Ferrari still start delivery Roma at fall, which is a few months away. Can someone confirm?

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Official earnings call yesterday said 'the Ferrari Roma will hit the market at the end of the year' so no real change to post #2029

7. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    fully agree....but there are always these type of comments/ comparisons...I mean the F12/ 812 is really a corvette, right? :rolleyes:

8. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    But that’s not what I am asking. I am asking if a Roma Spider will be developed that would eventually replace the Portofino altogether?

The Portofino was a great looking car....until the Roma came along and made it look a little frumpy in comparison. I’d have to believe a Roma Spider would look stunning.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

vcappp and llk like this.
  9. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  10. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    About time to make a soft-top convertible Ferrari again. Been quite some time since the soft-top 430 Spider.

SAT4RE and perrinnation like this.
  11. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Well decided to order the Roma. Who knows when it may arrive but I am excited. Kinda reminds me of my 275 GTB4. Bit of a stretch but it does.

12. CavallinoRosso

Oct 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    MS
    Great choice! In my opinion, the Roma is the 250 GT Lusso's successor. The dealer (I live in Rome, Italy) said that the first deliveries will be after the summer.

elmadi, wings, of2worlds and 3 others like this.
  13. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    I am finalizing my order this week. I will try to post dealer's configurator images.

Nicolas21 likes this.
  14. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    Congrats! Amazing car

15. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Great. Will look forward to that!

16. jason blood

jason blood Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    jason blood
  17. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I wish it reminded my of my Lusso, but it doesn’t :) I still ordered the car and I think it will be great, but mentioning it in the same phrase as a 275 GTB4 is sacrilege. That is one of the greatest cars ever made!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Not if you owned one since new like I did!

of2worlds likes this.
  19. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Anyone know if the factory will work through August since they were shut down for CoVid?

20. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    There was a post in another thread indicating that they would be working through the traditional August holiday to make up for the corona shutdown...T

Natkingcolebasket69 and BLAMPEE like this.
  21. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    I saw the car too at a dealer (before the COVID situation) and it's far off of an Aston...and I've driven both thew Vantage and the DBS...maybe not everybody wants a "raw" in your face type of car...look at the 60's F car, they are gentlemen's cars and not poser cars....are you saying a 250 basically a DB4??

vcappp, Boomhauer and RamsHmb like this.
  22. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    In addition to finding ways to work through August, they are considering adding - or may have already added - shifts.

BLAMPEE likes this.
  23. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Does anyone know if, with a new car that you specked out, you can get a picture book of your car during construction? I got one with my 599. It is called V.I.P. for Vehicle Identification Passport. Cannot remember if I paid to have this done or it just came with the car.

vcappp likes this.
  24. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Happy to be corrected but these days I think its just build photos by email and/or to your Myferrari account

25. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I just put down a deposit for one. I love the smooth lines. Very classy looking (unlike me ). Maybe this was mentioned before in this thread, but I am getting the shields like I always do, but this car looks fantastic without them. My salesman said it is the only option he would definitely recommend because it can hurt resale without them. Any opinions on that here? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app