Resurrecting a Mondial T | FerrariChat

Resurrecting a Mondial T

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by brovreizh, May 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brovreizh

brovreizh Rookie

Feb 20, 2020
    Hi everyone,

I've bought a mondial T a couple of months ago in a roughly good shape but with some mechnical operations to do since it did not run for a couple of years. So far I'm at the ignition step (next step will be injection). I have ignition only on right side of the V8 but not of the left part. Thus I've inverted several parts for checking that left parts can run on the right part like:
    - ECU
    - Coil
    - Amplifier
    - TDC sensor
    I've alse checked that left ECU is correctly power supplied and that there's no cut in the wiring between coil, amplifier, ECU,TDC sensor and sparks on the left (bad) side and everything is alright.
    I'm looking for any idea that would help to diagnose the issue or find the problem. In case of, if anypne got any link explaining ignition decision tree of the K Jtronic Bosh in order to list all involved part for the ignition ?
    Thanks

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You could do worse than go look in both the Mondial & 348 sub-sections for previous relevant experience

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    These are old cars so the problems are not new. As Jimmie said, try the Mondial & 348 Forums, and try searching as well. You'll find plenty of info...

4. brovreizh

brovreizh Rookie

Feb 20, 2020
    Thanks, I'll do