F8 - F8 issue already!?! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F8 F8 issue already!?!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by VHlambo580, May 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    I received mine last week and it is the most fun car that I have ever driven. I had a 2015 458 spider and currently have 2018 GT3 touring. They are all exciting to drive and different.
    The 458 exhaust note cannot be rivaled and was preparing myself for a big letdown with my F8...however that is just not the case. I am very satisfied with the F8 exhaust start up and while driving....especially above 3500 and downshifting. While the 458 and GT3T both redline at 9k and the F8 at 8k I do not appreciate much difference to my ears.
    The F8 chassis/handling/steering is solid with no vibration at all...it seems to glide over rough roads with little fuss even in race mode.
    The fit and finish is excellent....I have no paint issues...the Cuoio interior is supple and comfortable.....very good workmanship.
    All in all I could not be any more pleased....As Seinfeld says “This is a dead man car”!

2. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Nothing personal, enjoy it but the F8 is far from being the best car. Maybe the best one you drove.
    But in the end as long as you like it that’s all that matters, screw every one else!

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    so the F8 doesn’t feel duplicative to the 458? It makes sense to own both cars? I’m interested in potentially having both.

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If a 720 hp mid engined Ferrari ends up being the objectively best car a person ever owns or even drives they’re doing very well for themselves in the automotive department.

rob lay, LVP488, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Teka- What a mean spirited, uncalled for comment. Poster just received his F8 which is stunning and stellar and you make a nasty remark. Perhaps your last few words are astute.

Rembrandt, GatorFL, rob lay and 2 others like this.
  6. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Well... not really... the big players (customers that buy the La Ferraris and P1’s) are not very interested in these newer cars.
    When I drove the F8 I was always waiting for the emotion to kick in...never did....

7. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    You’re right, I was too hard and I apologize to the new and happy owner of the F8.
    Not a car for me but quality wise, much better than all previous Ferraris. Enjoy in good health and careful with tickets because it’s very fast but you don’t really notice how fast you’re going until you doing serious jail time speeds.

8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    those are .01% of buyers though. F8 puts you in the .1% which is still very good. It’s all relative.

Rembrandt and Boomhauer like this.
  9. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Again, it’s the newest car and the best sorted. It feels much more technological and modern than my old car. As a machine, it’s just better than older cars end of story. But of course you lose other things, some care about it some don’t. The F8 is faster, corners and brake better than the cars that came before. For some that makes it the better car.

10. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I own both. Very different Cars and I am keeping both forever!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  11. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    I had a Porto before, very different feel. As soon as I jumped in my F8 I noticed a difference right away. I love this car - let me get that out of the way again. First off the car is fast. I mean ridiculously fast. Like press you into your seat fast. It is super planted to the ground, though when I have it in race and step on the gas the back tires do break loose. I will be replacing the tires to the Michelin 4S soon. Just a better tire IMO. Visibility out of the back sucks. The 488 has much better visibility. I drove the 488 many times and it is definitely easier to see out of. The turn radius on the F8 is not great. Your 3 point turn is really a 4 point turn. Getting out of my garage is more art than science. The back up camera sucks, but what do you expect in a super car. On the road with the bumpy road button pressed, it is super smooth. Like you forget you are in a super car soft. The car is drop dead beautiful. Pics don’t do it justice, it is stunning in person. My car is Nero Daytona and my kids call it the bat mobile. When you see this coming from behind you and see those headlights or day time running lights, wow! It is very intimidating. From the back it looks really unique, but you can tell - it is a Ferrari. The sound - maybe I am not a sound connoisseur, but I think it sounds great. I have the standard stereo which sounds pretty good, but can’t hear crap when you really start going. It is loud in the car - but a great deep sound. Visibility out of the front is super. Looking out the big side mirrors and seeing the intakes, super cool. Now, I am a middle age man so sitting in a car long, not my thing. I have to say, this car is super comfortable. I was driving for 3 hours over the weekend on a mini rally, felt great. Tons of leg room in the car, very spacious. The cup holders suck, but who is drinking a big gulp in here?? My last complaint is the defect in the Lexan tint. It was definitely a supplier issue with the tint (hence the post).

Anyway, I absolutely love this car. All around it is just fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rembrandt, stavura, Drson and 4 others like this.
  12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Great stuff. Thank you!!

13. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    F8 and 458 , completely different experience. F8 and 488 , maybe could be considered an updated 488 , but you would be getting really picky to make that comparison.

Absolutely have a 458 Italia in your garage next to your F8 !!!

S

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  14. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Keeping on eye on our demo, I haven't seen either of the concerns in this thread appear yet, but it is getting driven everyday so something may change.

Question for discussion, say the discoloration near the vents DOES occur on models depening on how they are driven, and this is resulting patina... is it a defect?

I mean, look at Ti exhaust tips... they discolor and turn purple, blue, green, etc with us , headers oxidize from heat, etc..

Then again, the F40 doesn't have it happening, so maybe not the same?

Thoughts?

and congrats to the OP for the F8... enjoy in good health!

Steve

ScottS, VHlambo580 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I have the feeling that sometimes some of these "big players" (even "smaller" ones, Pista buyers - nothing personal here ;) ) are more interested in showing off that they can afford cars others can't than to actually evaluate a car for what it is though...
    I personnally believe (FWIW) the F8 is a very good car I eventually decided I could not afford (but I did hesitate, to be honest) - so congrats to all those who can afford it and are bold enough to make it happen.

MANDALAY and Boomhauer like this.
  16. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Most people here can afford an F8 but still they don’t buy one, it says a lot doesn’t it?

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Have you driven the F8?

mkraft3003, Ash Patel and Boomhauer like this.
  18. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’ve learned to just ignore the haters... :)

Rembrandt likes this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    most people here can not afford an F8.

20. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Not sure what world you live in, but most people cannot afford an F8, even on this blog. Takaefixe - not sure if you are just trolling to edge people on, if you hate the brand, or just clueless. Based on your comments I am kind of guessing a mixture of all three.

Rembrandt, stavura, Boomhauer and 4 others like this.
  21. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    In this forum most people can buy and F8, it’s not a LaFerrari.
    I’ve been in the forum longer than any of you and being critical of some things brings more to the forum than just nodding your head to all things Ferrari.

22. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Can’t be bothered to read the thread is it?!

23. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    I haven’t driven a F8, I’d like to. It’s way over my budget for a vehicle though.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Boomhauer likes this.
  24. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    I’m guessing you have been kicked off the forum a number of times as well. Challenge is great which brings good dialogue and discussion. Moronic comments such as “most people on this forum can afford an F8” just make you look like your profile pic (which is quite fitting now that I read your posts). Bring good discussion and you will find a different reaction.

Rembrandt, JanStuart and Drson like this.
  25. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    Having owned both the 458 and now the F8 I would not use the word “duplicative”...similar to me is a better description...

I am looking at a 458 coupe right now and it would be nice to have both...they are both a blast to drive....my situation was that someone wanted my 458 spider and offered a price that I could not refuse....so I let her go and ordered the F8....

RossoF8 and Jo Sta7 like this.