458 - What is your daily driver? | FerrariChat

458 What is your daily driver?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by eskanday, May 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eskanday

eskanday Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Hi guys, I have a Ferrari 458, Shelby GT350 and my daily driver is a Tesla model S.
    I have had my Tesla for 5 years. I am considering a new daily driver in the next few months that is reasonably functional especially coming from Tesla S. I am considering Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, newer Tesla Model S (if they refresh it this year), Mercedes G wagon, BMW M ? manual....I tried the Aston Martin Rapide and liked it but it is too compromised for a daily driver. (tight in the back, limited size trunk). I drove yesterday the Stelvio Quadrifoglio and liked it, fast, functional, drives well and sounds good.
    I just wanted to ask you guys for ideas about possible good daily drivers.
    Alex

2. Dontbethatguy

Dontbethatguy Karting

Nov 25, 2017
    ATX
    I have a 2016 Audi RS7, and I love it. One of my favorite cars I’ve owned ever. Put an APR tune on it two months after I bought it and didn’t look back. I also have a 2019 ZR1 convertible manual trans and my 3/4-ton GMC in daily rotation, but the Audi is my go-to in most cases. Tons of fun and super practical. I’ll eventually replace with the new RS7 or RS6 Avant once they’re out.

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Giulia Quadrifoglio here. I got it about six months before the 458. It's the most fun four-door sedan in the world.

But I think if could have seen how things played out, I might have gotten a large luxury car or maybe even a Raptor. I had had Audi A8s for 10 years though and wanted something sportier for a daily. I considered Rapides and sat in a few but never drove one. Now sometimes I feel like there's mission overlap having two tight, crazy fast cars. A cruiser luxo barge might be more complimentary, like a used Flying Spur.

(I still have a soft spot for the Arnage too).

4. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    My 458 spider IS my daily driver.

5. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Daily driver? 458 Spider. I drive it every chance I get (admittedly, I work from home and don't actually drive every day).

6. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    2019 C63 Cabriolet. Enough power, tech, and ground clearance. Also, I don't really car where I go with it and park.

7. joeyfrost

joeyfrost Rookie

Dec 28, 2018
    Modified VW Golf R

elephantgrinds likes this.
  8. 2tall4economy

2tall4economy Karting

Oct 26, 2014
    Western Suburbs of Chicago (for now)
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Bentley GTC V8 is my daily. Mega comfortable on my long commute and quiet enough to keep most of the semi truck noise out. Had a rs5 before this. Bentley is so much better and nearly as fast.

elephantgrinds likes this.
  9. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I usually drive the range rover sport SVR or my new Bentley continental gt during the week...but the Speciale and the 720S spider all weekend long.

10. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #10 IPO1, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Raptor. Had a 18, 19 and now a 20. Perfect DD for me.

I had a Quad first year they came out. Was sold in 3 weeks..way TOO small.

11. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    A five year old Model S is quite out dated, right? I think any new Model S would have hw version 3. If you live in a big city, nothing beats a Model S. If you live in areas without snarling traffic, maybe something else would compare. But a car that brakes at stop signs, red lights and handles stop and go traffic with ease, not to mention never having to go to a gas station? Anything besides a Tesla is going to be a big downgrade where I live.

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I’d say the amg gts 4 door is the most fun nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryalex likes this.
  13. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Image Unavailable, Please Login I also daily drove a Model S, but honestly got tired of the service. The car itself was the best daily driver but anytime something went wrong, scheduling service was always like 2-3 weeks out, even if the issue left the car disabled (bricked MCU, charge port door that won’t open so can’t charge). In the end, I loved the car when it worked, absolutely hated it when it sat in the garage unused while I wait for service to come around.

My new daily is a Range Rover Supercharged. It’s got plenty of space, the ride is plush, and it’s surprisingly quick (4.8 0-60) especially for a large SUV; so much so that I’m not missing the torque of my model S too much.

DavidA, Caeruleus11, MRY and 3 others like this.
  14. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My daily driver is a VW GTI. I love the car because it's fun to drive, very practical, and cheap (relatively speaking).
    Probably going to get an M2 next. Not as practical, or cheap, but a TON more fun!

15. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    New (to me) daily driver (when suv not required) with its NA friends. 95 C2, 53k miles, with a few mods ... got it off BaT a couple of weeks ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Sprucemoose

Sprucemoose Rookie

Jan 27, 2014
    Amarillo Texas
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Daily is a 2015 s63 sedan. Love the biturbo V8 and the cabin is utterly serene. Though I do drive the 458 2-3 days per week.
    Then I have my F150 for anything dirty.

17. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    720s arguably fastest daily driver, pista too special to drive everyday.

SlowestChip, Jordan68, rotate and 2 others like this.
  18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'm sure it drives well, but I find it completely repulsive looking.

cole328 and kumar75150 like this.
  19. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv

Mon to Thursday, Tesla Model 3 performance, with upgraded sway bars, Öhlins suspension. The Model S suspension and battery doesn't work for me. Zero service issues so far.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday alternate between 612, 550 and E46 M3

brogenville, MRY and ryalex like this.
  20. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  21. alibo70

alibo70 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2018
    MS
    Full Name:
    Ali
  22. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Mine is a new gen G63 and a 4Runner TRD Pro.

Thinking about getting a Lexus LC500 and regulating the 4Runner to offroad use only. Test drove an LC500 and if you accept that it's not a sports car, it's actually one of the best driving experiences in my opinion.

FrancisK and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  23. eskanday

eskanday Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    My model S is 2015. It looks mostly the same and feel the same as the current model. There is definitely updated autopilot but not worth the upgrade. As you know Tesla keeps sending updates so my model S is as good as the current model from software standpoint.

24. eskanday

eskanday Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Agree with you. Tesla is a great daily driver.
    In my case it has been very reliable over the last 5 years

Boomhauer likes this.