2010 Ferrari California window/top switch replacement | FerrariChat

2010 Ferrari California window/top switch replacement

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Steve1979, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve1979

Steve1979 Rookie

Feb 12, 2020
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Steve Bowling
    I replaced the window switch on my 2010 Ferrari California today. The part number is Ferrari 82661100 and described as COMPL. RHT AND POWER WINDOW CONTROL

This was quick and easy:

1. In the center console you’ll see four hex head bolts. Two toward the rear and two in the front in holes by the cup holder.

2. After taking the four bolts out the center console interior slides out.

3. You’ll see two hex bolts below where the center console was. Remove them.

4. Disconnect the three cables (two were under the console insert and one is the cigarette lighter that you’ll see when you lift up on the bar). Note: The clips slide off (and back on when reassembling) the plastic tab that holds them in place.

5. Pull out the bar.

6. Take out the four hex bolts holding the top and bottom together.

7. Unscrew the 5 Phillips screws holding the switch on.

8. Insert the new switch and reverse the process to put back together.

I’ll attach a picture. Hope this helps. The dealer quoted 1.5 hours. I finished in 25 minutes.

Willl, Furiousgta and Beach Boy like this.
  2. Steve1979

Steve1979 Rookie

Feb 12, 2020
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Steve Bowling
  3. Mike2010california

Jul 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mike jones
    Steve. How do I get to the hex screws I am sitting I’min my California now I don’t see any screws. What do I need to remove and with what tool to get to the hex screws.

I have the switch I just don’t know how th remove the center glove box “if I even need to”. And in the front of the center bar up by the air conditioner control. How or where are screws. I am assuming I need to remove something to get to the front bolts but not sure. Thanks mike.

QUOTE="Steve1979, post: 147119754, member: 236096"]I replaced the window switch on my 2010 Ferrari California today. The part number is Ferrari 82661100 and described as COMPL. RHT AND POWER WINDOW CONTROL

This was quick and easy:

1. In the center console you’ll see four hex head bolts. Two toward the rear and two in the front in holes by the cup holder.

2. After taking the four bolts out the center console interior slides out.

3. You’ll see two hex bolts below where the center console was. Remove them.

4. Disconnect the three cables (two were under the console insert and one is the cigarette lighter that you’ll see when you lift up on the bar). Note: The clips slide off (and back on when reassembling) the plastic tab that holds them in place.

5. Pull out the bar.

6. Take out the four hex bolts holding the top and bottom together.

7. Unscrew the 5 Phillips screws holding the switch on.

8. Insert the new switch and reverse the process to put back together.

I’ll attach a picture. Hope this helps. The dealer quoted 1.5 hours. I finished in 25 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Steve.

4. Steve1979

Steve1979 Rookie

Feb 12, 2020
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Steve Bowling
    Hi Mike,

The only screws to remove are in the center arm console. From there it slides out. In the front by the air conditioner it doesn’t have any screws. I’ll take some pics and post.

5. Steve1979

Steve1979 Rookie

Feb 12, 2020
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Steve Bowling
    Furiousgta likes this.
  6. schmidtg1

schmidtg1 Rookie

Sep 10, 2021
    Moseley, VA
    Full Name:
    Eric Schmidt
    Thanks for the info / pics, they were very helpful.

7. Russell/South/Africa

Feb 10, 2019
    Cape Town
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Hi guys. My California's driver window is not working and the rear qauter window is down as well as the roof not working. Only the passenger windows are working. Please help. Is this because the roof switch has gone bad. HELP

8. gregwang

gregwang Rookie

Oct 23, 2021
    Milpitas, California (Northern California)
    Full Name:
    Greg Wang
    Most likely your driver’s side window regulator lift is bad. I just replaced them on my Cali last month.

Surprisingly the window motor still works, it’s just the window lift that went bad, and although you can buy the window motor separately, you cannot buy the window lift separately , you can only buy the complete assembly which include the window motor and window lift. And so I paid $815 for the new completely assembly, and $525 for the labor, or a total of $1,340 for this repair. See pictures. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Furiousgta

Furiousgta Rookie

Jul 28, 2021
    PLEASE NOTE IF ONLY CHANGING ROCKER SWITCH!!! I followed these instructions today as they seemed clear enough and my roof switch was working but missing the roof logo piece (they get sucked up vacuums apparently). Anyway I got to the stage where everything was dismantled before I realised you can just change the rocker part by pulling hard straight upwards and pushing the new part on, no need for any tools!!

I was meticulous in removing the trim/wiring and reinstalling it all so in the end took me a whopping 90 minutes to do what turned out to be a 60 second job!!