458 - F-Collection Red LED’s - Anyone Have These Installed in their 458 Engine Bay? | FerrariChat

458 F-Collection Red LED’s - Anyone Have These Installed in their 458 Engine Bay?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rexcat458, May 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello to the group,

Just curious if anyone has installed the Ferrari Collection Accessory Catalog red LED’s in their engine bay? The photo in the catalog really makes the engine bay look awesome (kinda sinister actually) at night.

I got a quote from my F-dealer for adding this accessory as follows:

Parts: $3,409.82
    Labor: $820.00
    Tax: $281.31 (Texas)
    Total: $4,211.13 (£3,479,26 not including VAT)

Is this in line with your cost? If you have this installed, how is it activated? Is there a manual switch, or does it come on automatically when the headlights are turned on? Has the unit been reliable so far?

I’m curious if the heat from the engine bay has caused any issues with led’s burning out, or mounting issues where the strips have loosened or fell off?

Also, are the strips screwed into the bonnet under frame, or mounted with heat resistant double face tape?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance! Take care and best wishes to you and yours. Cheers!

View attachment 2942816

Attached Files:

2. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well, there are 207 views thus far with no replies... Blimey, I knew this was a super rare option, but I thought there would be a scant few (fingers crossed) with the red engine bay led’s.

I’ve only seen two of these, one bloke on YouTube had them on his F-car, they looked awesome when he was doing a PS launch at night.

Another bloke had them locally, but I only got a quick glimpse before traffic separated us... My dealer said they had only installed one set on a clients 458.

Arghhhhh! It’s an awesome look at night, it really makes the engine bay look sinister! Thanks for taking a look-see anyway. I think I’m going to get them installed on my 458 after we get back to pre C-19 normal.

The dealer said it would be three weeks or so to get the parts, but that was before the lockdown and stay at home orders, so who knows now. Best wishes to all of you and yours for continued health and happiness, Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I had some on my scud but they were affixed along the edge of the engine lid. No heat issues. I am going to self install some on my Pista. I got mine from exoticare who sells floor mats on this site.

4. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello,

Do you know how the self install led’s tie into the electrical system? I have seen some non-Ferrari led light systems, but most look like they are universal type products, which makes one wonder about integrating them into the finicky F-car’s electrical system.

I looked on the Exoticare website, but did not see any info on led lights. Are these special order? Thanks so much for your assistance. Cheers!

5. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
  6. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Here is the set up I got from Exoticare..... this set on my GT. I ran a fused wire from the battery to the repeater ( underneath the belly pans). So there is no impact by tapping to OEM wires. Not the best pic since the car is in my garage. Image Unavailable, Please Login I have the remote the size of a small key fob in the car. Plan to do the same for my Pista.

7. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Looks awesome! The color of the led’s is perfect for the paint color. If you don’t mind, how much was the led setup from exoticare? Cheers!

8. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
  9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Carlo’s 458?